Homebrew Two Stupid Questions?

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really really love BSNES by Byuu, It so accurate and smooth with timing its like having the SNES built into my PC...So I was wondering what it would take to port such and awesome emulator to wii or even the DS for that matter? (Note: I have no know knowledge of C or C++ programming I am but a humble Website and Graphic designer. ) I just figured I'd ask, I'm sure its probably uber hard and allot of work, also my last stupid question is any one know when theres going to be another round of updates for the NES, GBA and SNES emulators for Wii? just curious...lol

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
So I was wondering what it would take to port such and awesome emulator to wii or even the DS for that matter?

time and someone motivated enough to do it, as always

keep in mind that the accuracy of bsnes has a price: it means it also has higher CPU requirement compared to other emulators like snes9x
there is a reason why it's always snes9x that is chosen for ports on consoles, it's because it's portable (it's open-source and without any PC specific code requirement) , easy to port (you only have a few set of functions to rewrite) and relatively fast so it can run on limited hardware like the Wii or PSP.

I doubt the NDS could be running anything else that those highly ARM-optimized ports of snes9x and a port of bsnes on the Wii would also probably run much slower than snes9x but who knows, I heard the author has developped "less insane-accurate" versions that could eventually be fine.

The question is : will a developper find any interest in giving such port a try ? I doubt it because what most people want is play SNES games, they simply don't care about which emulator is ported as long as their favorite games (which are quite always the same) run.

QUOTEwhen theres going to be another round of updates for the NES, GBA and SNES emulators for Wii? just curious...lol

I don't know why you wou would want them to update, they are all pretty much fine, not perfect sure but fine.
generally updates when the current developper has time to do it and feel the need to, quite never because people asked for updates on forums ;-)

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for taking the time to answer my "Two Stupid Questions" I figured it had something to do with the source codes and the fact that Bsnes is more demanding on processing...
tongue.gif
though I wasn't fully sure. I just favor the Bsnes over the Snes9x though I'm the guy that does all of Zacks graphic work for Snex9x Euphoria for PSP...lol, ironic I guess...I guess I'll sit tight until updates are ready to be released for the Snes, Nes, and GBA emulators, thanks again!

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does that include systems like the PS3 and 360 I mean they both have epic processing for a console? what about the 3DS and PSP2 (Granted there not out yet!) but we have enough specs to determine if they can handle Bsnes right! So lets say I was curious enough to learn C or C++ how would one go about getting started with porting Bsnes over to wii etc!

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Waflix said:
Stupid questions don't exist, my teacher always says.
lecture.gif

Centrix said:
lol, mine tells me there are no such things as stupid questions!....lol
lecture.gif

Clydefrosch said:
QUOTE(Waflix @ Jan 28 2011, 07:59 PM)
lecture.gif

there's no stupid question, only stupid people, thats what mine said

Then you all have stupid teachers. Ask her if it's a bad idea to set your crotch on fire and see what she says.

On topic, it would be very hard, epically if you have no programing experience.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nintendo_Chick said:
Waflix said:
lecture.gif

Centrix said:
lecture.gif

Clydefrosch said:
QUOTE(Waflix @ Jan 28 2011, 07:59 PM)
lecture.gif

there's no stupid question, only stupid people, thats what mine said

Then you all have stupid teachers. Ask her if it's a bad idea to set your crotch on fire and see what she says.

On topic, it would be very hard, epically if you have no programing experience.

If Clydefrosch would reply to your post with the exact same text as his last post at/on* this topic, he would still be right. The student is stupid, not the question. And maybe it is a good idea to set your crotch on fire, if you're cold.

Maybe I should just open a 'Do stupid questions exist?' topic.

* Could anyone correct me?

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Category said:
Centrix said:
lecture.gif

Mine tell me there's no such thing as stupid questions - only stupid people.
rofl2.gif

Spam, or didn't read previous posts?
Probably spam, because he had to read my post about 'no stupid questions' first.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of interest what is wrong with the current snes9xgx etc?
I have zero issues with it, literally haven't ever even noticed one issue. Plays just as it did on my old snes. As far as I remember anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter