Hacking Do self-hosting exploits work for you? Discuss it here

Have you succeeded or failed to self-host exploits?

• I'm very lucky, I succeeded without any problems and my router loves me

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • I'm one of the damned who has no hope when it comes to local web servers

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Didn't work at first, but I solved my problem one way or another

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Problem solved. Using KWS on my android tablet, I was able to successfully connect to the server with my Wii U. Never thought I"d see this homebrew screen!
So as it turns out, my Chromebook is the culprit and not my router. Because my tablet was able to host the server just fine!
Edit: Doesn't work after I enabled mac filtering. It's acting like it's trying to connect to the internet, which it can't. I'm trying to do this completely offline so I mac filtered it. Guess I'll have to mac filter it AFTER I boot up the exploits.

Sorry to yet again create a poll thread. I had to create this topic to see just how many users successfully used their own local web server with their Wii U or not. To be able to host your own exploit files would be a great solution for keeping your Wii U completely offline, a dream come true. But from what I've read, it's treated like something small where nobody cares to find solutions for it when it doesn't work. It's labeled as a "Hit or miss" type of situation where those who can do it are fine, but if not then too bad that's your luck.
I personally think there's more to it than just "If doesn't work for you, then it just doesn't work for you"

I created this thread as a discussion thread for those who have failed to use this method to boot exploits. Those who are able to do it may be lucky, but there are those who aren't and I believe the reason for this is something to do with the router's settings. I've tried the web server on both the Wii U and 3DS, both the same result where the page fails to load with an error code displayed.

In case of my router, it's a Uverse rental router which belongs to AT&T. My router seems to have a firewall that blocks connections, but I'm unfamiliar with messing with these settings. (Nooooooob!)
It would seem like I can port forward from here, if that's a something helpful to do.

There's several ways I've tried hosting my web server:

. Mongoose
. Apache2 (ubuntu native)
. Web Server for Chrome (Extension)

Each of these are able to display the main index page via index.html, and display the image and all using my IP address + port 8080. However, when I attempt to enter that IP into the Wii U's browser, the bar stays stuck loading, and eventually says it failed to load.

There are two other web servers to try:

. Xampp
. Wamp

If there's anyone who's went through the same thing but eventually found a solution to this problem, let us know! I've tried just about every option and I've given up, I'm turning to the entire community now. Post how your story went with your web server or if it's exactly similar to my case.

The fate of Tubehax DNS can't last forever. And as we know, Smealum isn't one for piracy so who knows when he'll cut the plug once he realizes how many Wii U 5.3.2 owners are using his DNS.

Last edited by MattKimura,

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using the EZ Share SD adapter to self host, can't ask for a better solution, my WiiU is completely local and off the grid.

The EZ Share SD adapter is a cheap, compact way of creating a confined local wifi spot. I did originally think of getting a raspberry pi for doing this but it works out more expensive.

Last edited by burtonheynow,
Reactions: ajd4096

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using the EZ Share SD adapter to self host, can't ask for a better solution, my WiiU is completely local and off the grid.

The EZ Share SD adapter is a cheap, compact way of creating a confined local wifi spot.
So that means I can buy a 2-4 GB wifi SD card and only put the exploit files on it, taking it out and inserting the bigger SD card for loadiine afterwards? Or am I forced to store the games on the wifi enabled SD and use it for both booting the exploits, and storing games?

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that means I can buy a 2-4 GB wifi SD card and only put the exploit files on it, taking it out and inserting the bigger SD card for loadiine afterwards? Or am I forced to store the games on the wifi enabled SD and use it for both booting the exploits, and storing games?

Basically the card I'm using will work anywhere if it gets some power, so what I do is use it in a USB-SD adapter and power it from one of the WiiU's USB ports, enabling me to have my homebrew SD card always in the WiiU.

Reactions: MattKimura
D

Deleted-355425

Basically the card I'm using will work anywhere if it gets some power, so what I do is use it in a USB-SD adapter and power it from one of the WiiU's USB ports, enabling me to have my homebrew SD card always in the WiiU.

does the wifi sd card hold the html pages with the payloads?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I imagine using a Raspberry Pi Zero plus a small microSD card and a cheap wifi dongle (total cost of 15-20 USD maybe?) would make this trivial to do.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a good solution, I'm gonna buy a wifi adapter. Does it have to be EZ share or can it be any brand? Also does it have to be a micro wifiSD adapter or can it be a full wifi SD card?

Also are there any setup tutorials or is it simple?

D

Deleted-355425

I imagine using a Raspberry Pi Zero plus a small microSD card and a cheap wifi dongle (total cost of 15-20 USD maybe?) would make this trivial to do.

what about having an ethernet cable running from you wiiU to your raspberry pi direct?

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country

You can do either. I have my favourite VC games on the same card, and swap for larger stuff.

I mainly use the wifi-sd for when I take the wiiu wandering.
At home I use an OpenWRT box, which hosts the exploits, blocks the updates, but allows online play.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
what about having an ethernet cable running from you wiiU to your raspberry pi direct?

I would guess that it'd work okay, minus the ability to connect to the Internet (unless you're also using a wifi dongle to let the Pi + Wii U connect out). Urge to do a price check rising..

ajd4096

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like a good solution, I'm gonna buy a wifi adapter. Does it have to be EZ share or can it be any brand? Also does it have to be a micro wifiSD adapter or can it be a full wifi SD card?

I got the micro adapter one so I could expand/swap it as needed, but either should work.
I imagine other brands would work, but this is the only one I have confirmed working.
I believe someone did use a Transcend card ok, don't recall which one.

D

Deleted-355425

I would guess that it'd work okay, minus the ability to connect to the Internet (unless you're also using a wifi dongle to let the Pi + Wii U connect out). Urge to do a price check rising..

if you just want to launch the web exploit though, not to play online :)

Reactions: daxtsu

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just have a 4GB microSD in my EZ share which only has the exploits on it (from the definitive package)

Can't comment on other brands, I bought the EZ share because it was confirmed working here (search for EZ share to read the other thread)

The EZ share SD adapter only takes microSD but you can buy EZ SD cards which have memory already on them and I guess that would work.

As for using it, it's very easy.

By the way, with this method you don't have to worry about blocking anything because you have created a local wifi link between your WiiU and the SD card, this way the console knows nothing about Internet. That's one reason I like it.

Last edited by burtonheynow,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Self-Hosting and blocking Internet is the best solution to have no problems
of suddenly updating your console. (Most online gaming doesn't work anyway)

I'm hosting my files on my Intel NUC, but tested my android tablet before that.

Reactions: ajd4096

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have a 4GB microSD in my EZ share which only has the exploits on it (from the definitive package)

Can't comment on other brands, I bought the EZ share because it was confirmed working here (search for EZ share to read the other thread)

The EZ share SD adapter only takes microSD but you can buy EZ SD cards which have memory already on them and I guess that would work.

As for using it, it's very easy.
@burtonheynow Can you link me to the product page? I can't seem to find it (Site is in Japanese, confusing even while translating)
Just the adapter would be suitable because you won't have to pay extra for 16+ GB

How's this, from amazon? http://www.amazon.com/Wifi-Memory-C...d=1450017111&sr=8-2&keywords=EZ+share+wifi+sd

Edit: Oh god the shipping is free, but takes forever! Says after Christmas

Edit2: How about this Toshiba Wifi SD? http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Flash-Wireless-Memory-PFW016U-1BCW/dp/B00GEBTFNM/ref=pd_sim_147_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41IAe3BKERL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR125,160_&refRID=1H3ET5VBBGEWZC20REK5

Comes quicker

SDheff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm hosting the files myself on my computer with Mongoose(definitivepack).

I've blocked all destination IPs and ports on TCP/UDP going out to WAN with the Wii U IP so that the Wii U can only establish connections from local static IPs. No connection whatsoever can be established from outside the LAN as every packet is blocked.

Last edited by SDheff,

Xirok66

Trophies
XP
Country
Im using a second router that my WiiU is connected to and I switch wlan connection on my computer when I want to run exploits. Im using Mongoose on my Mac, this way I know the console cant connect and update.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had some success with mongoose on windows, but I wanted an easy solution on Linux (Mint, in my case). Turns out I already had everything pre-installed. Python should come pre-installed, and if not, can be acquired from Synaptic. Just go to your folder where you have the index.html file and the folder named loadiine (containing both loadiine.elf and payload532.html). Open a terminal window in this spot and type "python -m SimpleHTTPServer" (without the quotes). Then on your WiiU browser, type the address http://192.168.1.100:8000. Works fine for me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Depends on brand rich rich people spend like 500 a tin