Hacking do only black ds lites have yellow touch screens?

Have you ever seen a nintendo ds with a yellowish touchscreen?

• No, all the nintendo ds I tried were OK.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. It was a white nintendo ds.

• Yes. It was a black nintendo ds.

• Yes. I've seen black and white nintendo ds with a yellow touch screen.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

ipumuk

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi,
finally i got a pristine white nintendo ds lite.

- my first white one had stuck blue pixel.

- the second replacement was a black one with a yellowish touch screen. (i told the guy in the store it had a stuck pixel again and he replaced it without even looking in the box)

- the third one was also a black one with a yellowish touchscreen. (the salesperson opened a new black ndsl with me and we checked it together. he argued he couldnt see the yellow tint. i got loud so he finally gave me a fourth one)

- they had no black ndsls left so he gave me white one and said he had no time to check whether the fourth new dsl satisfies my demands. i was lucky. it had no yellowish touch screen and no stuck or dead pixel.

now i wonder whether only black nintendo ds lites have those yellowish touch screens? two of the black lites had one and none of the 2 whites i tested.

does anyone of you have a white nintendo ds with a yellowish touch screen?

images from this post - CLICK -
QUOTE said:
dstint1.jpg

dstint2.jpg

tker333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
my black ds lite has the yellow touch screen as shown from the right....too bad the shop had no more black ds lites left so i had to live with the yellow touch screen T.T

i emailed nintendo and they said the yellow touch screen is a protective layer for the touch screen thats why it has a yellow tint.....IMHO i think this is bs

pte

Trophies
XP
Country
Every touchscreen is a bit yellowish in some way. That is just mainly because the touchscreen technology at the moment requires that. It does not go under the warranty by Nintendo, not unless it is really yellow. Every touchscreen out there has a bit "yellow" pic. You only notice it by doing the comparison like in the pic, shouldn't be even noticable otherwise.

zim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
defectson touch screen only

my first ds lite white bad pixel
2nd one yellow screen
3rd one perfect for months no yellow at all
it was really annoying in brain age, with the white backgrounds, it looked bad..
its not easy to see at first

they swapped them for me with no trouble at the nintendo world store

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my first white ds lite had a yellow touch sreen, so i went back to the store. the guy at the store opened two other white ones which both had the same problem... as he didn't want to open another one i took my money back...
mad.gif

i then ordered another white one via internet which had a yellow screen as well plus a really big dead pixel in the middle of the screen... so i sent it back...
mad.gif

now i really don't know what to do, maybe try another one at the store... it's really annoying and a big shame for nintendo, if you ask me...
and please don't tell me it's normal for touch sreens to be yellow, there are many ds out there who don't have this problem, so that's bullshit!
hate2.gif

gryto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a similar story to TheShaolinMonk, except with the original DS. I got a good DS though, after getting my money back at one place though...
I got a good one from a very large retailer.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
So my opinion is, that touchscreens just are a bit darker (yellowisher hehe)
coz the light has to pass more "layers" (eg. the touch recognition layer)

If that where the case, all dslites would have the yellow tint but they dont, so your opinion is 100% wrong...

Chanser

:o
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Can I say, I had 2 black DS Lites, one had a dead pixel and the other didn't. The one with the dead pixel didn't have a yellow hue and the other DS Lite did.

zim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my first white ds lite had a yellow touch sreen, so i went back to the store. the guy at the store opened two other white ones which both had the same problem... as he didn't want to open another one i took my money back...
mad.gif

i then ordered another white one via internet which had a yellow screen as well plus a really big dead pixel in the middle of the screen... so i sent it back...
mad.gif

now i really don't know what to do, maybe try another one at the store... it's really annoying and a big shame for nintendo, if you ask me...
and please don't tell me it's normal for touch sreens to be yellow, there are many ds out there who don't have this problem, so that's bullshit!
hate2.gif

WOAH!!! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!! are you serious? DAMN!!

what store was that?

another thing is that liksing one might have the hori protector on it i am only saying that cuz it does make a simiar color for the entire screen

when i had yellowing it was only on top, is yours full screen yellowing?
wacko.gif

DrTek

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@zim: why DID you have yellowing? did you send it in for another one?
I got my DS lite black today and I only have some minor yellowing on the top of both screens - not very disturbing in my opinion but when big N gives me a new one, I would think about returning it.

zim_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zim: why DID you have yellowing? did you send it in for another one?
I got my DS lite black today and I only have some minor yellowing on the top of both screens - not very disturbing in my opinion but when big N gives me a new one, I would think about returning it.

why did it have yellowing??? i dont know why it just came that way, if you read my post i already toldthey swapped them with no problem at the nintendo world storein NYC.

i didnt have to send it anywhere, i just brought it to them and told them give me a new one. they did both times no problem. the store manager said he didnt see the yellowing but i guess he did eventually cuz i got another one. I think at that store they are most inclined to make you happy. so i reccomend that store.

this happens to me all the time when i buy somenew electronics, its become normal for me now (which sucks). so check it with a white screen AND a black screen before you leave if you buy a ds lite
l8r

Jackbauerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, now i have my 6th(!!!) ds lite, again with a yellow touchscreen... this time i went to another store (mediamarkt), cause the first store (saturn) didn't want to give me a new one (already tried 4). atm i'm thinking about giving up and accept the yellow screen... but actually i don't think i can accept it... I mean, there are perfect ds lites out there, so i want one too, dammit!
mad.gif
unsure.gif
wacko.gif
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-