Do official Nintendo pro controllers have this problem?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NoobletCheese, Sep 2, 2018.

1. NoobletCheese
    OP

NoobletCheese Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    I just got a pro controller off ebay (knock-off) and the analogue sticks on it are pretty bad. 100% input occurs at only 60% input on the stick, even in the system menu.

Basically the sticks are wayyy too sensitive. Makes it very difficult to do small movements like slow walk with Mario etc.

Apart from that I can't fault it.

Are the official pro controllers like this too? I searched and found a bunch of similar complaints about the official one too.

For reference, I find the sensitivity of the Wii U gamepad's sticks to be acceptable. They are still a little overly sensitive for my liking, but nowhere near as bad as this ebay pro controller.

I also tried those Kontrolfreek add-ons to try and reduce the sensitivity, but it's still nowhere near enough.

Cheers!

Last edited by NoobletCheese, Sep 2, 2018
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I don't recall this issue. I own two pro controllers: one black for my wii u; the other white for my pc. however, I don't normally mess with the analog sticks. most of the games that I play use the dpad, but from the few I've played with the analog stick, I don't really remember this.

3. gaga24

gaga24 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2016
    Wii U Pro controller (original) is one of the best controller, no issues at all. Avoid 3rd party china/ebay fakes.

4. NoobletCheese
    OP

NoobletCheese Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2018
    United States
    So I bought an official Pro controller. The sensitivity is better, but still not great. It is still difficult to make Link do a slow walk in Twilight Princess HD. And the Gamepad still has lower sensitivity compared to the Pro controller.

Basically this official Pro controller seems to have sensitivity levels somewhere between the Gamepad and the fake Pro controller.

Here is a sketch of how the sticks on each controller feels to me.

[​IMG]

I have tried the Kontrolfreek addons but they don't seem to help very much. It makes the initial stick movement from standstill to slow walk further, but it's still a very abrupt change from slow walk to running.

Guess I will just have to get used to the Gamepad :glare:

Last edited by NoobletCheese, Sep 6, 2018