Hacking DO NOT UPDATE!

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT UPDATE!

There are countless posts being made asking this question "should I update?" with people telling others to update. We don't have enough information about Memchunkhax 2 or Homenuhax v2.1 or how downgrading even works wait for official releases and info from the Devs themselves people are excited I get that but updating and ruining your chances of CFW on baseless speculation is a horrible idea so i'll say it again.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Update :
If you own an Old 3DS on any firmware do not update as we don't know how downgrading works or if it can be done (smealum says it can be done with a work around but more info is needed) if you have a N3DS or XL on firmware 9.3 and above you can (if you want to) update as 10.3.0-28 is a safe firmware and is downgradable so update to that firmware while you can.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would never tell people to update, but at the same time, the current documents say that Memchunkhax 2 works on 10.3. Not to mention it's already confirmed that Homenuhax v2.1 works perfectly on 10.3, I know because I used it last night.
Still, I say anyone who already has their system hacked with IronHAX or something else, should stay on their current firmware and not update.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would never tell people to update, but at the same time, the current documents say that Memchunkhax 2 works on 10.3. Not to mention it's already confirmed that Homenuhax v2.1 works perfectly on 10.3, I know because I used it last night.
Still, I say anyone who already has their system hacked with IronHAX or something else, should stay on their current firmware and not update.

But they want to downgrade...even though they don't know how it works yet.....

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But they want to downgrade...even though they don't know how it works yet.....
I never said to update nor did I say anything about downgrading, because obviously I don't have information on that. I am just pointing out what the document said.
Like I said, if you already have your system hacked and say you are on 9.9, don't upgrade, there's no reason to. But if you are on 10.3, Homenuhax v2.1 does work perfectly. I am not confirming anything about downgrades nor Memchunkhax 2.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never said to update nor did I say anything about downgrading, because obviously I don't have information on that. I am just pointing out what the document said.
Like I said, if you already have your system hacked and say you are on 9.9, don't upgrade, there's no reason to. But if you are on 10.3, Homenuhax v2.1 does work perfectly. I am not confirming anything about downgrades nor Memchunkhax 2.

I never said anything about you, I said "they".

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know if the exploits are going to need the browser use or just HBL.

This kind of worries me because I have 2 systems in 9.9 with the web browser locked.

If I update now I could get a functional browser again, get HBL and block Nintendo servers at once.

If I don't update now Nintendo could start rolling updates before the release of these exploits and if the web browser is needed we have a perfect combination for dissaster :hateit:

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
What are memchunkhax and homenuhax? Are they related to homemenuhax?

Well, homemenuhax is related to homemenuhax because they are the same thing?

Memchunkhax is a new arm11 kernel exploit shown at a recent presentation by smealum and few other well-known homebrew people. It works on all firmware and all models, however it doesn't exist, only a PoC (proof of concept) was shown at the presentation. Any current developments (if you could call it that) has gone nowhere, so it's going to be a while before it comes to reality.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are memchunkhax and homenuhax? Are they related to homemenuhax?

Smealum, derrek, plutoo where at 32C3, talked about how they hacked the 3DS, they released Browserhax, Menuhax 2.1 and Ironhax (download & install) for 10.3 users, also talked about new hacks that were not even known to the public, SNSHAX (N3DS only, patched at 10.2) and MemChunkHax2 (All systems aparently) which are arm11 hacks that allow for downgrade.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys, so when he said "homenuhax" he actually just misspelled homemenuhax. I did a search just after posting that reply, was trying to read all the comments on the thread posted this morning but I am travelling back from Xmas holidays and my phone keeps having no service x_x but so exciting!

Reactions: Tony_93

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't know if the exploits are going to need the browser use or just HBL.

This kind of worries me because I have 2 systems in 9.9 with the web browser locked.

If I update now I could get a functional browser again, get HBL and block Nintendo servers at once.

If I don't update now Nintendo could start rolling updates before the release of these exploits and if the web browser is needed we have a perfect combination for dissaster :hateit:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. 9.9 Themehax installed, but my browser is dead. I just hope w/e it is we get, it doesn't require a browser. the 10.4 update will kill it, and the 10.4 update will probably come before anything even gets released.

Dragonblazer87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I understand staying on the lowest possible firmware is the best but if it is 100% confirmed that memchunkhax2 will work with 10.3 then should I not update to get ironhax. Eventhough, I have menuhax, since memchunkhax2 might not see a release especially with the way the WIP thread went.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I understand staying on the lowest possible firmware is the best but if it is 100% confirmed that memchunkhax2 will work with 10.3 then should I not update to get ironhax. Eventhough, I have menuhax, since memchunkhax2 might not see a release especially with the way the WIP thread went.

If you already got menuhax it isn't going to be much worth to get ironhax. I see it as people who didn't get on board the homebrew train on 10.3.

DaOG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT UPDATE!

There are countless posts being made asking this question "should I update?" with people telling others to update. We don't have enough information about Memchunkhax 2 or Homenuhax v2.1 or how downgrading even works wait for official releases and info from the Devs themselves people are excited I get that but updating and ruining your chances of CFW on baseless speculation is a horrible idea so i'll say it again

DO NOT UPDATE!
You don't tell me what to do.B-)

Reactions: Jack_Sparrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr