Hacking DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE FROM SCREENINIT TO NOSCREENINIT!!!!!

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
latest from the release tab on github, i used these same releases to install a9lh 3 days ago and it worked flawlessly
If those exact files worked on a different 3ds, there are two possible things that could have happened:
- You used the wrong otp.bin
- Your bricked 3ds is defective

EDIT: Additionally:
- The SD card/adapter you're using might not be as reliable as the other one you used and potentially failed on you somehow

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

MrBananaMan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If those exact files worked on a different 3ds, there are two possible things that could have happened:
- You used the wrong otp.bin
- Your bricked 3ds is defective
the exact files were used to hack the same 3ds 2 days ago, using the same otp bin. only differences were the payload_stage1/2.bin and i used the arm9loaderhax.bin version of safea9lhupdater so i could run the updater at boot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

problem solver thanks to @zoogie , somehow when i transfered the payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 bins from the noscreeninit folder to the sd card, only the stage1 made it there. as i cant go back in time, i dont know if this was user error or a failure of mac finder (you can make your own assumptions). moral of the story, triple check the files you ahve on the sd card are the right ones.

Now if you excuse me, i'm going to learn to hardmod

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
Inb4
"DO NOT TRY TO HARDMOD WITHOUT SOLDERING EXPERIENCE!!!!!"-Thread incoming.

But really. Always doublecheck files and if they're copied succesfully. If you can break something, better triple-check. This should go without saying.

Reactions: MrBananaMan

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I really wonder why checksums for the all the necessary files (except otp o/c) aren't hardcoded into "safe"a9lhinstaller.
I know it's an inconvenience for advanced users wanting custom built stuff, but the prevented bricks are worth it.
inb4 "but dumb people deserve it" -- we all make mistakes sometimes.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I really wonder why checksums for the all the necessary files (except otp o/c) aren't hardcoded into "safe"a9lhinstaller.
I know it's an inconvenience for advanced users wanting custom built stuff, but the prevented bricks are worth it.
inb4 "but dumb people deserve it" -- we all make mistakes sometimes.
Well I wonder why it doesn't print an error about certain necessary files missing.
This would be a really easy check. (And it wouldn't keep users from going with custom builds)

(If I am not mistaken ShadowNAND_Installer has these checks.)

Last edited by Zan',
Reactions: zoogie

junior598

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Is it possible for you to edit back your OG post? Future users might have the same problem and they'll just see "never mind, i'm retarded"...

Reactions: Kyojin

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
No problem here!

Anyway latest arm9loaderhax from @Aurora Wright has screeninit and no screeninit merged, there are no seperate versions anymore!
So you really didn't use the latest and greatest ;)
(Be sure to update your firm0.bin (995.328 bytes), don't use previous firm0.bin (991.232 bytes))

then use latest SafeA9LHInstaller to install and if you leave everything untouched you use and boot the no screen init version
IF you want screeninit, rename arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin and you boot into the screen init version!

You sure didn't read and follow everything regarding latest arm9loaderhax from @Aurora Wright
I use the original screeninit.bin before both were merged, is it safe to update my arm9loaderhax? I'm worried that I'll brick my 3DS :(

Last edited by CatmanFan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1