Do many people really HATE Apple that much?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i guess hate is the wrong word. to be honest, its more like you cant say anything but nice things unless you want to be called a hater

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
i guess hate is the wrong word. to be honest, its more like you cant say anything but nice things unless you want to be called a hater
I like cats, I don't like dogs. Doesn't make me a hater.
I like Android and use iOS more often, but I prefer Android. Doesn't make me a hater.
I don't agree with Obama's stance on same-sex marriage in the US. Doesn't make me a hater.

Oh wait, it does. What can I do about it? Open my mind and stop judging people for whatever they think, whether right or wrong, controversial or popular.
Now I'm not a hater, I'm a thinker.
(Adapted from Philosophy classes).

EDIT: Ok, I hate iTunes. Doesn't make me a hater, makes me opinionated. The difference? I don't tell people not to use it, and even encourage some friends to use it (only girls, whose talents for remembering thousands of indie band names continues to astound me). I even use it myself. I just hate it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I manage to dislike things without being called a hater a lot. Though there's always those people that, even if given a paragraph of praise, will assume an entire post is down on the subject if the opening sentence is.

When using somebody's opinion or thoughts as a way to judge them, you should instead be considering the motivation and reasoning behind their conclusion, instead of just the conclusions. Makes a world of difference.

Reactions: 2 people

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality, I saw the notification that you quoted my post. Why are you quoting and replying to posts that are a month old and not really saying much? To be witty? Snarky? Don't do that. It confuses us older people too much.

But to your point... I've never installed iTunes, even when Apple wanted me to do it in order to get Quicktime. I agree with your point that Apple software is bloated, though, because my experience with Quicktime over the years has been less than stellar.

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
Originality, I saw the notification that you quoted my post. Why are you quoting and replying to posts that are a month old and not really saying much? To be witty? Snarky? Don't do that. It confuses us older people too much.

But to your point... I've never installed iTunes, even when Apple wanted me to do it in order to get Quicktime. I agree with your point that Apple software is bloated, though, because my experience with Quicktime over the years has been less than stellar.

The software Apple makes for Windows is bloated... PictureViewer? We haven't had that on the Mac version of QuickTime since 1999...

Also, http://guides.macrumors.com/Mac_Virus/Malware_FAQ

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, I like Apple products, my first was a 2nd gen 8gb ipod touch, and loved it, and as time went on, i loved watching the advances it made in its tech (soft and hard wise). The only thing I wish is that they take the consumer's considerations when it comes to error checking and ideas for implementation into the product (like some of the cydia store apps), that and a 128gb ipod touch too, lol.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't hate them. I'm just against them. I think they're products are too overpriced and don't give the user much freedom, basically making them follow Apple's rules. Are their products good? Yes, but if I had to choose between Android or iOS, I'd pick Android just because of how open it is, and it basically does everything that the iProducts do. Another thing is I don't like how Apple makes the user rely so heavily on iTunes. I hate that program with a passion.

Reactions: 1 person

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes... I hate Apple. Why? They're annoying as hell.. Every device they put out is no better than the previous one.. and there's so much you CAN'T do.. i.e. iDevices.. Not to mention they LOVE to charge for every little update to their Mac Lineup. Why? I don't know.

2. The one thing I hate more than Apple? The Apple Fanboys. Every non-apple device you see them hating on, because it SOMEHOW copied the mac, or the iPhone... or something stupid.

I want freedom with my device, not a bunch of useless features that I'll never use. I'm not a fandroid, but I definitely don't like iOS.

Note: This is just an OPINION!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's okay to have an opinion, but try to base it on actual facts and not total bullshit.

Every device they put out is no better than the previous one.
Bullshit.
iPad 1 to iPad 2?
Processor upgrade.
Double the RAM.
Cameras added.
Gyroscope added

So the updated version of the tablet had higher specs and some additional components just like every other manufacturer (E.G. ASUS Transformer to ASUS Transformer Prime).

Same sort of updates for the iPhone and such. Processor+RAM upgrades and often other new features that weren't on the original models just like every other manufacturer (E.G. Samsung Galaxy Through III).

And of course the same thing with the computers. incremential upgrades every so often just like every other manufacturer (E.G. Lenovo's laptops upgrading the CPU and GPU they use as time passes).

and there's so much you CAN'T do.. i.e. iDevices..
Like what?
And since this is talking "Apple", don't give me any "burn a CD on the ipad" bullshit, because you can't burn a CD on any tablet I know of without extra hardware. :P

Not to mention they LOVE to charge for every little update to their Mac Lineup. Why? I don't know.
The hell you talkin' about?

If you mean the hardware... no fucking duh? When's the last time a company gave you a new model of something you own for free?
If you mean the software, this is wrong too. In fact Apple charged only $30 for an upgrade to their OS, versus the $100+ Windows charges.

Reactions: 1 person

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, it would seem I have struck a cord with you?

Let's do a quick comparison, shall we?

Hardware? Yea.. Okay. Every other device out there receives an upgrade with the next generation. Apple is no different. So, what I meant to say was the features added with the newer software/os. Siri? Heh... Their multitasking? Heh... Oh, and since you haven't seemed to notice? I'm mainly talking about iOS. Sure, Mac has it's ups and downs. However, I'm indifferent about it.

Not to mention? The user customization on iOS is laughable at best. You have to Jailbreak to get any true personal touches on there. The iPad shouldn't really be called a tablet, everything it can do, the iPhone can too... Which it pretty much is just an oversized iPod touch.. Even with it's very few personal touches. The screen isn't something I'm too worried about.

...also... Where the HELL did you pull that CD crap out of? haha... Da fu?

I have the iPod Touch 4G... That's probably the ONLY Apple handheld I'll touch. As for Mac? It's too overpriced... I can get something better for that....

I have a low end Android Phone... and an Acer (YES, ACER) Android Tablet.. Which does more for me than any iOS device. Which is currently the true main focus of my argument. *cough*

..and this is for ME. MY OPINION. Don't make it personal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah locking out services that still run on older devices is a dick move.
And yeah the iOS isn't nearly as customizable as something like Android.

See? Aren't legit reasons better than bullshit ones? :P

The iPad shouldn't really be called a tablet, everything it can do, the iPhone can too...
Er, same deal with android... which means pretty much every tablet. Most phones run android as well, tablets even have the ability to run phone apps (either zooming the screen in or stretching it).

It's one of the most commonly stated complaints about the ipad, so I wanted to nip it in the bud.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If you mean the hardware... no fucking duh? When's the last time a company gave you a new model of something you own for free?
If you mean the software, this is wrong too. In fact Apple charged only $30 for an upgrade to their OS, versus the $100+ Windows charges.
Um... About 6 years ago. I saw financing options for laptops that included free upgrades to newer laptops when the financing contract was completed. I also saw the same for phones, although that's largely morphed into a completely different deal now which is nowhere near as good.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, it would seem I have struck a cord with you?

Let's do a quick comparison, shall we?

Hardware? Yea.. Okay. Every other device out there receives an upgrade with the next generation. Apple is no different. So, what I meant to say was the features added with the newer software/os. Siri? Heh... Their multitasking? Heh... Oh, and since you haven't seemed to notice? I'm mainly talking about iOS. Sure, Mac has it's ups and downs. However, I'm indifferent about it.

Not to mention? The user customization on iOS is laughable at best. You have to Jailbreak to get any true personal touches on there. The iPad shouldn't really be called a tablet, everything it can do, the iPhone can too... Which it pretty much is just an oversized iPod touch.. Even with it's very few personal touches. The screen isn't something I'm too worried about.

I have the iPod Touch 4G... That's probably the ONLY Apple handheld I'll touch. As for Mac? It's too overpriced... I can get something better for that....

I have a low end Android Phone... and an Acer (YES, ACER) Android Tablet.. Which does more for me than any iOS device. Which is currently the true main focus of my argument. *cough*

..and this is for ME. MY OPINION. Don't make it personal.
I agree with everything you said.

And my brother has an HP Touchpad with Android (They never even released it officially. It's just a hack), and it runs soooooo much better than my mom's iPad 2. It does everything that can and more.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Um... About 6 years ago. I saw financing options for laptops that included free upgrades to newer laptops when the financing contract was completed. I also saw the same for phones, although that's largely morphed into a completely different deal now which is nowhere near as good.
"financing options" that probably led to you paying for the second laptop as well by the time you take into account the number of payments and the amount of interest and stuff like that.

You are rarely better to go for a payment plan when buying anything. You almost always end up paying more in the end. If you can't afford it at that point in time, don't buy it until you can. Save up and the price will probably come down anyway.

Alaude

Trophies
XP
Country
India
its not about hatred really, but the reason there are many haters for Apple is because they are too damn expensive!!!.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
its not about hatred really, but the reason there are many haters for Apple is because they are too damn expensive!!!.
Actually price varies for country. In Singapore, iPad is actually around the same price as other tablets. In fact, certain Android tablets with similar specs are even more expensive. As for iPhone, if you get it with a carrier contract, it's not too bad - maybe about $20 - $50 more expensive on the same plan.

But I have to agree that Macs are tremendously overpriced. Even with student discounts, a 15 inch Pro would still hover $2,200+.

I like iOS, but not Mac OS X. OS X Lion isn't really my cup of tea.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
My Transformer Prime tablet was $500, the same price as the iPad.

When complaining about the prices, people will stretch things beyond normal limits.
It's okay to say "I can get a decent machine for less", that's true.
It's not okay to say "I can get something with the same specs for 1/4th the price", as that's false.

And let's not forget comparisons that are just plain old unfair, like complaining about the specs of an iMac while comparing it to machines that aren't of the all-in-one form-factor.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think a lot of the hate can also be attributed to justin long. apple comes up in a discussion and probably his face pops into people's minds and rage ensues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag