Do I need anything else?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Death Zebra, Dec 4, 2008.

Dec 4, 2008

Do I need anything else? by Death Zebra at 2:20 PM (1,224 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Death Zebra
    OP

Newcomer Death Zebra Newbie

United Kingdom
    I'm thinking of getting a DS Lite and I want to be able to play GBA roms and SnesEmulDS. Am I going to need anything else (aside from an SD or mini SD card) along with the CycloDS Evolution to do that?

Also, can anyone recommend me a good UK retailer to buy CycloDS from (or whatever else I need for the aforementioned purposes)? Consoleup.com sells it and seems to have some in stock but since I've never heard of it before and none of the products I've looked at on there have reviews I'm not sure I can trust it.

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    If you want to play GBA roms you'll need an EZFlash 3 in 1. Also, you need a MicroSD, not Mini or normal.

3. Death Zebra
    OP

United Kingdom
    My mistake. Should have known that anyway as Consoleup.com offers them in bundles with microsd cards.

With regards to the EZ Flash 3 in 1 I assume you're referring to this? Sorry for the dumb question but I've seen several such products and I want to be sure I'm buying the right one.

4. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Yes that's the correct expansion for Rumble, the Browser and GBA functionality...they're much cheaper at Deal Extreme however.

5. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I would also like to toss out a heads-up your way. Snes emulation isn't perfect on the DS. A lot of the games can be played, but the two i wanted to play (Chrono Trigger and Earthbound) did not work properly. Now, of course Chrono Trigger is an actual DS port, but Earthbound, in order to play it, i had to keep messing with turning certain layers on and off. Things worked decently, except in battles. The wavy background was actually the top layer, so i'd have to turn off that layer to play.

I'm only letting you know that there *could* be problems with the games you might want to play, but a lot DO work [​IMG]

Also, the Cyclo now has built in GBA abilities. You still NEED a slot-2 card (Like the EZ 3-in-1, which i have, and it works great), but you don't need to patch games anymore. Its wonderful. You select the game as you would a DS game, and it does everything else in the background.

Sadly, when you play a GBA game through it, you will need to shut the system down when you want to play a different game... there's no working soft-reset combo, but thats a minor drawback for what you can actually do.

When you get all the parts for this, let us know how it goes! And if you have any questions, please search first, but don't be afraid to ask [​IMG]

(again, always search first, because this site has been around for a while, and there's lots of answers already, and a lot of people here will flame the hell outta you if you don't check first lol)

6. Death Zebra
    OP

United Kingdom
    I was already aware of all that about the SNES emulator. I have already spent quite a bit of time looking around these forums and other websites so I did have an idea that I would probably need an EZ Flash 3 in 1 just as the guide for the M3 Real says you need a GBA expansion pack for that; I just wanted to be absolutely sure before I went ahead and bought anything.

EDIT: Scratch my enquiry about where to by CycloDS. I've decided to buy from PCJerry; It was recommended in another thread and it appears to be a reputable site.

7. Death Zebra
    OP

United Kingdom
    I ended up ordering all 3 of CycloDS Evolution, EZ Flash 3 in 1, and a 8GB Kingston microSD card from PCJerry and they arrived this morning. Backup NDS ROMs and GBA roms all seem to work perfectly and SNESEmulDS seems to work as much as it is supposed to. In short: everything went well. [​IMG]

8. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    On a semi-related note, I just remembered that I need to drop nesDS onto my Cyclo at some point. I had it on my R4 but never moved it once I changed cards. I love reliving my NES days while on the go. [​IMG]