nloding

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to be in the know and am playing catch-up -- still ... so, I'm just making sure I've read everything correctly. Tell me if and where I go wrong.

I have a USA launch Wii with an OpenWii flashed ATmega chip in it -- it's flashed to v2.4 which has the SMG fix, DL support, and the GC audiofix. My Wii is currently 3.1U and runs any burned game I've tried just fine. But I want to do VC and WiiWare releases, in addition to any homebrew I think may be cool.

So, here's what I understand ...

1) Apply the Twilight Hack
2) Install the Homebrew Channel
3) Update to 3.3U
4) Make sure 1-2 still work
5) Install any VC/WiiWare games using a WAD Installer.
6) Still enjoy my current game collection, purchased or otherwise.

Yes?

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Yep. For WAD Installer, just get the Wad Manager app as it handles both installs and uninstalls.

Not sure about updating to 3.3U.. a lot of people say to just stay at 3.2 but I'm running 3.3 anyways.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
If you use a wad installer to install any VC/WiiWare games you already currently own, you will never be able to download those games again for free from the Wii Shop Channel.

never, meaning "never unless someone comes up with a program that lets us sign wad files with all keys from our wii, instead of just the common-key (which is called, fakesigning)"

we can obtain the keys, just no program uses them

a lot of people think that nintendo keeps a record of what titles you download, but if this were true, then installing a backed-up wad over a legitimate one would not be an issue, cuz the record would still show you downloaded it.

am I wrong, anyone?

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tichinde925 said:
nloding said:
Why would you install a hacked version of a game you already bought? I understand maybe using a backup disc to prevent scratching or something, but a VC game? That one I don't get.

Downloadable Content?

DLC's are mostly all the time in save files so that doesnt matter at all

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Zerxer said:
Yep. For WAD Installer, just get the Wad Manager app as it handles both installs and uninstalls.

Not sure about updating to 3.3U.. a lot of people say to just stay at 3.2 but I'm running 3.3 anyways.

3.2 works just fine

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Endogene said:
Zerxer said:

3.2 works just fine

both 3.2 and 3.3 work just fine
biggrin.gif

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JesseAs said:
Tichinde925 said:
nloding said:
Why would you install a hacked version of a game you already bought? I understand maybe using a backup disc to prevent scratching or something, but a VC game? That one I don't get.

Downloadable Content?

actually, mostly is relative, because all content from FFCC on out, such as GHWT and whatev, will (probably) make use of the content-type (5000100, or whatever?) specifically made for DLC, it is not in-save, but access to it might still be.

regardless, you likely wouldnt need a modified game wad, which is why the "hacked DLC" versions of FFCC are so faulty

JesseAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
noobwarrior7 said:
JesseAs said:
Tichinde925 said:
nloding said:

Downloadable Content?

actually, mostly is relative, because all content from FFCC on out, such as GHWT and whatev, will (probably) make use of the content-type (5000100, or whatever?) specifically made for DLC, it is not in-save, but access to it might still be.

regardless, you likely wouldnt need a modified game wad, which is why the "hacked DLC" versions of FFCC are so faulty

ok but i have just downloaded a FFCC(only wiiware game a actually bought
biggrin.gif
) savegame with al DLC's (i already bougt like almost everythin it was €35 total some thing then i saw i just could download wads and saves >.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JesseAs said:
noobwarrior7 said:
JesseAs said:
Tichinde925 said:
nloding said:

Downloadable Content?

ok but i have just downloaded a FFCC(only wiiware game a actually bought
biggrin.gif
) savegame with al DLC's (i already bougt like almost everythin it was €35 total some thing then i saw i just could download wads and saves >.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well for anyone who doesn't know/want to install the Homebrew channel you can always use a custom ISO with the wad instasller DOL in it.

I think starman made a tutorial for this...

Melchizedek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Instead of creating a new thread, I'll use this one, since I'm in a similar situation: I have a launch-day Wii, and I recently bought a Key-Clip that I will probably flash with the latest Wiikey firmware. My Wii firmware is 3.2U. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to correctly flash my Key-Clip and install it inside my Wii. What I would like to know, however, is:

1- Should I leave my firmware to 3.2U?
2- Apart from having smaller ISOs on my hard drive, what exactly are the benefits of using Wiiscrubber?
3- What are some of the most interesting possibilities of Trucha Signer?
4- I also bought a Wiikey SD card adapter, and I have a 2GB SD card. What is the best current way to dump rented games onto my computer?

Thanks!

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Stick with 3.2
2- Shorter download times for others
3- Replacing characters in a game (people are doing mods to SSBB already)
4- Save money and download them?
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer