Hacking Do I have a bad drive? Or is the Wii corrupting it?

Siriusdish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(Like I said in my last post) I'm modding a Wii for my friend, I put games on the USB they bought (SanDisk Cruzer Glide 128gb flash drive) using Wii Backup Manager, launch a game and everything works fine. Until I go back to the wii menu to load another game, and USB loader GX can't detect it. Then I plug it into my laptop, and it says I have to format it so it can read it, even though I formatted it to FAT32 using guiformat. This is the second time its happened and I don't know if it's a problem with the flash drive or the Wii, because on MY wii, I have a 128GB flash drive I got from a school store, its made by a company named "Quill" which I had 0 idea existed, and it still works after about 1 year of use.

The Wii my friend has is a RVL-001 Wii and mine is a "Family edition" wii if that helps. Both are updated to the latest Wii version and using the same version of USB loader GX.

Last edited by Siriusdish,

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Recommend ==> use external hard drive to store games on it, it will work like a charm.:yaywii:

USB keys are not recommended to work properly with wii ==> Avoid << ==:hateit:

If @Cyan goes through here, he will recommend an external hard drive rather than a USB key.

look on several messages posted on the forum, that one keeps repeating to use an external hard drive and everything will be fine.

Last edited by jeannotte,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1