Do Consoles Coming Directly from Playstation Always Come Updated to the Latest Firmware?

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the title.

I've seen more people selected for the Playstation direct sale recently and was wondering this. Do they only sell updated consoles?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it. they're probably just received scalped from the assembly line. though, if you're looking for 4.03, it might be hard to find. I think that's from like last year. afaik, most new systems now come with at least 4.50.

mattyxarope

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it. they're probably just received scalped from the assembly line. though, if you're looking for 4.03, it might be hard to find. I think that's from like last year. afaik, most new systems now come with at least 4.50.
Thanks. At this point I'm wondering if it's even worth it to attempt to get a 4.03. I've got a feeling there will eventually be a higher fw jailbreak as with the ps4 and pretty much all other consoles....

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely there will be. there aren't too many games that are ps5 exclusive that are worth playing in the first year, well, aside from ratchet and clank. it's mostly about ps4 games, I think.

Reactions: mattyxarope

ComradeADHDroadblock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the title.

I've seen more people selected for the Playstation direct sale recently and was wondering this. Do they only sell updated consoles?
I purchased a sealed PS5 (CFI-1115A) a few months ago from someone off of craigslist. The matching receipt/paperwork showed they'd purchased it directly from Sony on January 23rd 2022. To my surprise the out of box firmware was 4.03 (and that's exactly where it's staying at lol)
Anyways, that's pretty much a full two months after 4.50 was released! Not sure if that's standard practice for them or if it had something to do with 4.50 (seemingly) being pushed quickly bc of recent vulnerabilities at the time? Who knows🤷‍♀️ but either way that was my experience. Hope this helps!
Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2