Gaming Do Chinese versions of NDS games exist?

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know why. They do appear on the ds-scene.net release list. Once there was an iQue game on ds-scene frontpage, but gBATemp did not have it on their front page.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Chinese games work on any DS. I can run them on my R4 as clean roms and you can IPS patch them to work on the NCard. What it means by "larger firmware chip to cope with the chinese characters" is that the MENU(pictochat, DlPlay) needs to be in chinese, which the standard 512Kb ds FW chip can't hold. The iQue games are not nukes and play fine on any flashcart, but I assume that a real iQueDS cart could not display the title in the main menu of a nintendoDS. It would probably be random letters because it can't display the chinese characters.

I have played iQue games on my japanese and american DS's without installing flashme. You guys know not of what you speak.

He is correct (yay
nyanya.gif
)

Actually, a relatively simple ASM patch, even theoretically possible via an AR code allows the games to boot on any DS.
Yes but who knows what the game will do when it can't read chinese characters from the firmware?

You must know by now that DS games are self-contained. The firmware is, itself, a self-contained binary.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
The iQue catalog is pathetic anyway. If you are really interested in Chinese titles you should take a closer look into the Chinese rom translation scene. yyjoy, tgbus, emu-zone, ndsbbs are good places to start from

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1