Hacking [DNS-U] New Update Blocking DNS Server

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, I know people are concerned now that an update might be incoming, so its great that we can stay protected should that happen.

Hostilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I would love to help you with the test but i'm more interested on the implementation on Amazon AWS Cloud (how to, services used, how you estimated cost, etc) and how do you plan to keep it up and running on the cost side.

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I have RedNAND installed. Can I still use this DNS server block without bricking my Wii U?
Yes why would it have any risk of brick? Also it is unknown if it is necessary to block updates on RedNand as the seep rom conundrum hasn't been looked into much, some people are saying the last latest run version of the wii u value isn't even read while others say it's an instant brick, we don't know for sure until an update comes out

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to help you with the test but i'm more interested on the implementation on Amazon AWS Cloud (how to, services used, how you estimated cost, etc) and how do you plan to keep it up and running on the cost side.
I'm using an Amazon EC2 instance and am paying for it out of pocket. When I first proposed this service and asked for donations, people quickly dismissed this alternative for TubeHax and such...

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using an Amazon EC2 instance and am paying for it out of pocket. When I first proposed this service and asked for donations, people quickly dismissed this alternative for TubeHax and such...
its really kind of you to keep it up and running even when people take it for granted.

Hostilio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Wow!!! Really nice on your side, place alerts on the estimated cost report for your budget so be sure there aren't any issues with your budget.

Now, an EC2 micro instance if new account enter on free first year but the amount of generated traffic probably would add cost. Do you have any load balancing, auto scale up and stuff configured on AWS or a single EC2 instance could work as a DNS for current load and posible future load (Network Bandwith) or in CloudWorks?

:P i am really into learning AWS even i got some acloud.guru courses but for many issues i did not continue the path :s

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Definitely using it, stopped using tubehax since it went down for a whole evening a few weeks ago

Ninja_Carver

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently down for a short maintenance... be back up in 30

DNS server is back up with a new IP address.. I had to scale up the instance into a new tier as it was getting bogged down and I didn't have an Elastic IP (I do now).
New IP 35.164.240.189 I'll update the first post as well..

I apologize for the inconvenience and the brief downtime

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DNS server is back up with a new IP address.. I had to scale up the instance into a new tier as it was getting bogged down and I didn't have an Elastic IP (I do now).
New IP 35.164.240.189 I'll update the first post as well..

I apologize for the inconvenience and the brief downtime
You don't see courtesy updates like that often, thank you!

CMRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is awesome. Thanks Ninja. For anybody asking why use this instead of tubehax, this dnsblock doesn't affect youtube.

takopov

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be easier just to use opendns and just set one up yourself? I blocked all the nintendo domains and used their server for my dns. I mean its unlikely to ever go down since its run by cisco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ