Hacking [DNS-U] New Update Blocking DNS Server

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've set my DNS to the right adresses but for some reason i can still access Eshop and the System Update.
Even the chncdcksn DNS didnt work for me for whatever reason and i can't figure out why...

ksanislo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've set my DNS to the right adresses but for some reason i can still access Eshop and the System Update.
Even the chncdcksn DNS didnt work for me for whatever reason and i can't figure out why...

It's likely that your ISP is redirecting all DNS traffic to their own DNS servers... the only solution in this case would be to run your own proxy or DNS resolver inside your home network to reject the update servers.

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's likely that your ISP is redirecting all DNS traffic to their own DNS servers... the only solution in this case would be to run your own proxy or DNS resolver inside your home network to reject the update servers.

Wow that sucks hard.... :/ my router also doesnt have URL Blocking so i am totally screwed. For now i have my Power Off when not playing so the Wii U can't update while i am sleeping or so. I hope that is good enough for now....

I still don't get why Nintendo can push those updates over night while on the 3DS it's forbidden for them and it needs to ask for the update.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to throw my alternates into the ring here... I've converted the TitleDB.com secondary and tertiary into recursive DNS servers that will block updates as well... The servers I'm operating are:

ns2.titledb.com, hosted out of the Netherlands:

and ns3.titledb.com, hosted out of LA:

Set your primary to whichever is physically closest to you for optimal performance.

thanks

lillysbitch

Trophies
XP
Country
NOW IN PRODUCTION (:

With TubeHax being relatively unreliable and going down sporadically, I spun up a highly-available Anycast constellation in the Amazon AWS Cloud that can effectively, and resiliently block Nintendo updates via the common DNS method.

My server can be used in conjunction with TubeHax (as primary or secondary DNS), adding further resilience to your WiiU's internet connection, rather than taking you down entirely if one of the servers goes down.

Please apply these settings on your WiiU device, only, not on your router.

Set Primary DNS to 52.40.86.243
Set Secondary DNS to TubeHax or 127.0.0.1

wtLPc6X.png

Just to throw my alternates into the ring here... I've converted the TitleDB.com secondary and tertiary into recursive DNS servers that will block updates as well... The servers I'm operating are:

ns2.titledb.com, hosted out of the Netherlands:

and ns3.titledb.com, hosted out of LA:

Set your primary to whichever is physically closest to you for optimal performance.

A huge thank you to the both of you.
I usually don't bother posting but this is indeed an obligatory post.
Never ceases to amaze me how fast things will get updated, fixed or replaced in this and most communities.
Well done and again, thank you very much.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, it works. Can't enter to the eShop and can use the web browsed. Everything is right in the universe. Again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    let's get some o7s for that legendary dog

o7
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think its raining
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    You know what this website reminds me of?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reminds me of your mother
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nah it's all the slots
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    She's just temporary
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: She's just temporary