Hacking DML Widescreen hack not working?

eadmaster

OP
Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Currently I'm loading GC games with DIOS MIOS Lite 2.4 + USBLoaderGX 3.0 r1203.
Everything works fine except the widescreen hack is not working (i see ovals instead of circles):
i've turned the option "DML Force Widescreen" for all games in the loader settings.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the widescreen hack usually works (in my experience, anyway), it usually does not apply to specific images like menu items. In most cases, parts of the output will be the correct aspect ratio (your character, your environment, etc) and other parts will be stretched to fit the widescreen (menu items, buttons, hearts, life meter, maps, etc). It's entirely possible you're seeing ovals overlaid on top of everything but the rest of your game is the correct aspect.

And as already mentioned, the widescreen hack sometimes just doesn't work.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The widescreen hack IS working.
If you play the game on Dolphin with its widescreen hack, you'll get precisely the same results.

All the widescreen hack does is adjust the viewports; it's up to the game's code to adjust to the change.

eadmaster

OP
Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
yes, i knew the hack only affect 3D-rendered graphics.
In the past i've got it working using DIOSMIOS (from USB) and dios-mios-booter, but it never worked for me using DML... maybe some USBLGX settings are blocking the hack?

EDIT: i've investigated the thing a bit more: apparently there are some games that are not compatible with this hack (eg. Super Mario Sunshine) and some that works with gfx glitches (eg. Zelda Twilight Princess).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/