Is it the amiitool link? I read over the readme info and stuff, but I think i'm a more noobish guy. Ill wait for a tutorial not sure how someone could write the bin directly to the blank tag.
I just burned my first tag. Not sure what went wrong. @javiMaD, I followed what you did on page 12 and used your fork to de/encrypt the files. Wii U says "This might not be an amiibo blahblah". Any ideas except what's been mentioned in your guide? Are you writing with 0xA2 as Cmd? I also shouldn't need to authenticate as there's no PWD set, right?
I just burned my first tag. Not sure what went wrong. @javiMaD, I followed what you did on page 12 and used your fork to de/encrypt the files. Wii U says "This might not be an amiibo blahblah". Any ideas except what's been mentioned in your guide? Are you writing with 0xA2 as Cmd? I also shouldn't need to authenticate as there's no PWD set, right?
Well, seems like I missed somethimg important!
Can someone clear what is meant by "new keyset". My "old keyset" is SHA-1: 125083246346D7FB76E198D759CF1167E503A662. What do I need for the "new keyset"?
I modified the original amiitool much like @javiMaD did, and used to to generate an encrypted amiibo file which matched the UID of my blank tag.
After that i wrote a simple android app to write the file to the tag using a Nexus 5. The app it self is extremly simple you don't need any special commands other than whats already supported by android api. I just modified the code from the original guide android guide http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/connectivity/nfc/advanced-nfc.html
I'm working on a simple app to write the NfcTag, this combined with javiMaD's modified amiitool should be all thats needed to make blank tags, as long as you can find/build the key files.
As for the key files all the information you need are in the pastebin file posted a while ago(the link was deleted) but you could still find it if you search.
Haven't been following this too closely; does someone have a >5.0 modified version of AmiiWrite that works with external storage? Using root manager I got the amiibos.db out, edited some values, and was able to put a 200/200/200 Diddy Kong back on the figure.
I can use Git and recompile it with an external storage edit though if it'd be useful to anyone.
Attached is a small app which can write VALID tag file to a blank NTAG215 tag. **The file must already be correctly encrypted to match the new tags UID**. The app will auto calculate the write password.
Load the file using the menu. then select write from menu and then put the phone on the tag. try not to move the phone and be careful as there is virtually no error checking/recovery.
I think you can use the modified version of amiitoo by @javiMaD, but i haven't tested it.
It worked twice for me so far but it your mileage will probably vary.
This is really alpha quality stuff. No real error checking I have no idea what bad things it could do to your tags/phone/3ds. I will not be held responsible for any damage including but not limited to the event that Nintendo may send hitmen to kill you.
I will post the source code as soon as I can figure out which files might contain private data in a android project.
Thx again for all the people who posted details to make this possible.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, XBOX has launched pre-orders for the XBOX 25th Anniversary Collection. For the occasion, the trailer below was aired.
This...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...