Gaming Dissidia_Final_Fantasy_USA_PSP-iND

roboz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dang, I was just playing the demo like two weeks ago, and now my psp has been stolen.
cry.gif

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Love this game, the DP stuff made me angry so I used a max DP code, but it doesn't always work when it goes to the total PP screen after passing the level.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, weird, my DP goes to -3... i kill everything on the map...

Love this game. At first the tutorials were overwhelming, then i tried arcade mode and fought sephiroth LOL got my ass kicked. but i'm getting the hang of it. STRATEGY!!!!

but lovely game so far. so much to check out here!

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trulen said:
I only played Final Fantasy IX, and a bit of X (friend had it)

The character model is not quite right. Zidane's face should be wider.
And his voice actor is terrible. Did they even give the guy a picture of who he'd be voice acting?

The combat is... Hectic. I don't really like the map layout thing they got going.

And the Destiny Points makes me rage because I want to kill everything on the map. I'm not all that good so I can't get the bonus DP. So I take a hit to my PP bonus at the end!

It's an enjoyable game, though.

For what it's worth, you aren't meant to accomplish everything on your first run. Or your second, or maybe even third (well, you should have it down by the third time you play a story). I mean on your first run, you'll probably want to pick up every treasure and fight every enemy so you have better stats, but those won't matter so much when you're level 50 and 10x stronger than everything in those initial stories. The game really starts after you beat everyone's story (or when you get the battle Colosseum).

edit: I didn't know, but apparently in the US version you only need to finish one story to unlock shade impulse (I think that's what it's called?)- which will eventually get you the battle Colosseum. So that's an improvement, I wonder what else is different.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let's all cry because we don't have out PSPs anymore...
cry.gif

OH WAIT! I STILL HAVE MINE!!
yaypsp.gif
psp.gif
yaypsp.gif

Anyway, I'm gonna be playing this game maybe later on tonight, since I should practice a bit on CoD for tomorrow's tournament.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES, thanks for posting or i wouldnt have noticed for atleast 2 more days. Just the news i had been waiting for. I also refuse to upgrade my PSP unless DAX makes a new update (Or someone else makes a super stable one), in which case ill just wait until i get my PSP Go and finally buy a game
rolleyes.gif
(Havent brought a PSP game in atleast a year)

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if I'm honest after giving it an hour or 2 playing the game and checking everything out.....I have to say
sleep.gif
I just don't like it...it just bores me to freakin death. the characters are..ok they do represent themselves well the voice acting is not too bad when I use my headphones but through the psp speakers its terrible, there's not much in the way of combo's that I have found and it just doesn't feel right, it simpley doesn't feel like a final fantasy game and don't get me wrong its not because its not a full blown RPG its just the story to it, it's boring at best, and for the size of the file for the game I guess I kinda expected more.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've been downloading since this morning, and I'm still only 68% done. My provider has plenty of seeds (around 675), but the leechers are ridiculous (around 2550). Not to mention, my parents' ISP sucks to begin with, plus two others are watching videos on the internet. No wonder this is taking forever. As long as it's downloaded and ready for the 4-hour trip tomorrow (I'm moving), I have no problems. This gave me time to beat Mission 3 of Wolfenstein 3D PSP. Killing Hitler has never given me such satisfaction.
tongue.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
This gave me time to beat Mission 3 of Wolfenstein 3D PSP. Killing Hitler has never given me such satisfaction.
tongue.gif

It's a shame there isn't going to be mecha Hitler in the new Wolfenstein, though.

What I played of the Mulitplayer was pretty good, though.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far this game is very disappointing to me. First of all they pronounce Tidus and Cecil wayy different than I thought they should be. I mean cmon, TEEdus? Its TIEdus. W/e. Secondly I just cant get used to the battle system. I mean Im trying to use an hp attack and it takes about 5 sec for him to do it, and by that time Im already getting hit by the enemy, or the enemy has moved out of the way. Same thing goes for when I block, he takes forever to block and I get hit. Maybe Im just not playing right. The only way I've had success with this game so far is by changing the battle style to turn based or w/e they call it, but that is boring as hell since you cant control movement or anything. I'll probably go through the rest of the game just because I pretty much have to beat a final fantasy game once I start it. Hopefully there will be more customization and better skills later on.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will say this:

Playing Dissidia urged me to pick up Final Fantasy IX again.
Totally enjoying my time.

But I do fear that one of the biggest games that folks want to die for just may find itself off my psp.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Maybe said:
I mean cmon, TEEdus?
I thought this was how it was pronounced in FFX?

Well, technically they never say his name, but to me, common sense would give "Tidus" the pronunciation of "Tie-Dus" since I know 2 people named that. Personally I think "Tee-Dus" sounds completely retarded and if that is how Square Enix planned his name to be pronounced, then whatever. I guess the same thing could be argued about different pronunciations of "Chrono" from CT, but again, whatever.
tongue.gif
I will play the game some more like I said and hopefully it gets better

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe said:
Joe88 said:
Maybe said:
I mean cmon, TEEdus?

Well, technically they never say his name, but to me, common sense would give "Tidus" the pronunciation of "Tie-Dus" since I know 2 people named that. Personally I think "Tee-Dus" sounds completely retarded and if that is how Square Enix planned his name to be pronounced, then whatever. I guess the same thing could be argued about different pronunciations of "Chrono" from CT, but again, whatever.
tongue.gif

Maybe they didn't say his name in FFX, but they said it plenty in the Kingdom Hearts series, and in there they say it like "Tee-Dus".

Posts merged

QUOTE(Law @ Aug 21 2009, 10:10 PM) QUOTE(Skyline969 @ Aug 22 2009, 05:05 AM)
This gave me time to beat Mission 3 of Wolfenstein 3D PSP. Killing Hitler has never given me such satisfaction.
tongue.gif

It's a shame there isn't going to be mecha Hitler in the new Wolfenstein, though.

What I played of the Mulitplayer was pretty good, though.
What's the new Wolfenstein for, platform-wise? I might have to take a look.
smile.gif

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The game was alright but I'm pretty certain you'll get tired of the game before you get all the achievements legit. Forgot what they were called probably "Missions."

Basically insane amount of farming and grinding plus replaying story modes of everyone plus shared ones over and over.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe said:
Joe88 said:
Maybe said:
I mean cmon, TEEdus?

tongue.gif
for some reason I thought they said it in the game

but wakka does pronounce it "teedus" in kingdom hearts apparently ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...