Dissidia 012 Hype Thread

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by nugundam0079, Feb 27, 2011.

Feb 27, 2011

Dissidia 012 Hype Thread by nugundam0079 at 2:57 PM (23,004 Views / 0 Likes) 312 replies

1. nugundam0079
    OP

Member nugundam0079 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Anyone besides me hyped as all hell for the Sequel to (in my opinion) one of the greatest handheld cross-over fighters ever? who are you going to main as?who are you gonna pummel? lay it all down hey bro's/sis's!!!

2. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I'm not hyped, but I am looking forward to the game. I liked the first one.

3. SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer SoraKeyofFate Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm really excited!
    I just saw gameplay of yuna, and I was like "How the hell can she be staggered by a block since she doesn't ever do a physical block?" I think she's going to be fun to play as.
    I hope they've added new HP attacks for Tidus, who was my main in the first one. The demo was AWESOME. It felt a little different to play, but you still knew it was the same game.
    OMFG CHASE SEQUENCES ARE LIKE 87958312 times faster.

I'm also excited for the new world map to "replace" the original board, which I found to be the most boring part of the original dissidia.

4. Cloak519

Member Cloak519 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'm not really excited as such because I've never played a Dissidia game the original Dissidia before and I've not looked much into this one. However, from what I've seen on Youtube it seems bloody good.

5. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Maining Kain and Golbez definitely. Loved Golbez's ground game from the first Dissidia, wanted an aerial version, and now i have it [​IMG]

6. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Not that hyped, but I'll play it when it's out. Most likely gonna main Squall and Cloud... But I know that I'll be using Squall more often. :3

7. nugundam0079
    OP

United States
    I was sooo hyped for the First Dissidia that I beat the first game (Japanese version) then when it came out stateside I beat it again!(this time i bought it!!!) what games are you guys playing to pass time till march 4th?

8. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Surely it doesn't count as a cross-over fighter when they're all from the same series? Ok, all FF games exist in seperate continuities but still...

9. SoraKeyofFate

Newcomer SoraKeyofFate Advanced Member

Canada
    Well, after I short circuited my DSi, I haven't really been into games recently xD

I play Lord of Arcana on PSP sometimes.

But wow, you beat every single story mode? That's intense. I only did Tidus, Bartz and Cloud. Then I downloaded a save file with all characters at Lv. 100 [​IMG]

10. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

im so excited!! the new characters are just awesome. We need a FF13 villain though.

11. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    I'm pretty sure Bathandelus and/or Orphan (Or Orphan controlling Barthandelus... or something like that) will be there.
    IIRC it was hinted that there's a secret character from FFXIII that still hasn't been revealed.

12. ragingchaosgod

Member ragingchaosgod JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG

Philippines
    Not hyped but am looking forward to it. Played Kain in the demo and found him really fun to use. Might consider making him one of my possible mains for this one.

Happy to hear Ulty got a speed boost. I couldn't main her try as I might during the first game as she was slow as molasses. :/

I'll prolly stick to Zidane and Tidus this time around. If Ulty's easier, she might re-earn her spot.

13. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I would be more excited if they made a new single player campaign.

The game I want to see would include popular monsters from the series. I want to see them select fifty
    monsters like cactuars, imps, etc. and just give them one or two basic moves and animations. It really wouldn't take that much work cosnidering many have been modeled in 3D in the past, and fighting them through a campaign instead of clones of the same characters would only make the game about a hundred times more entertaining.

14. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    Monster Hunter 3rd Portable. That's definitely got as much content.

15. nugundam0079
    OP

United States
    I would say it has more content than Dissidia but thats not fair considering they're not even the same type of game

16. VentusVanitas

Member VentusVanitas GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Can't wait! Am pirating the European release, to be compatible with my aussie save.

By the way, someone needs to start maintaining the PSP scene releases again. Any one up to help me?

17. DarkShinigami

Member DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    im hyped i loved dissidia and if i got the facts strait there is a free roam so to speak instead of board for story right?

18. nugundam0079
    OP

United States
    Yes sir! I really didnt like the chess thing but this should be an interesting way of handling things!

19. slayerdx

Member slayerdx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm actualy pretty excited for this game. I never played Dissidia, so would it be good to play Dissidia 012 or just Dissidia???

20. nugundam0079
    OP

United States
    I think 012 comes with the first game(or least the story) try out Dissidia if you want to get a taste of what its all about or of you dont mind moonspeak try out the prologue that was released for 012.