Dissidia 012: Handing me my ass

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by BORTZ, Nov 3, 2011.

Nov 3, 2011

Dissidia 012: Handing me my ass by BORTZ at 10:16 PM (1,402 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I need some help. I am getting destroyed and im not sure what im doing wrong.

Does anyone have some pointers or something to help me out?

2. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Try sucking less?

I dunno, you aren't being very specific at what you're sucking at or what you need help for.
    What in battles is so hard? Try explaining your normal battle since I haven't got a clue how to help you if you just say 'i suck' and I give a number of things to help and you say to every one 'yeah I know that but'

3. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    i cant seem to get enough bravery hits in, and even when i do, the enemy can get in 3 times as many and i have an impossible time breaking my opponents bravery. Is it possible im underleveled?

4. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Probably, depends what part of the game you're on.
    I remember most of my post game battles being that way and it pissed me off since I would either have a really hard, long ass fight like you said or a really easy one, nowhere in between.

Easy way to level without the massive grind is to cheat the bonus days. Max out everything to do with the day in the PP catalog, set your PSP date to that day and go on a party battle.

Or if you don't want to do that, go on a grindfest.

Edit: Also remember buying weapons and equipping your accessories right!

5. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    great. Grindfest it is.

6. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Make sure you have some decent equipment on you. When playing story mode make SURE you customize each character before you head into a fight, especially because each character switch resets your equipment and without some basic equips you are going to get pwned by even the easy enemies.

Are you just playing the story mode? Because honestly you shouldnt be getting beat that easily in story mode since its pretty much tailored to help your characters build up levels with each portal, That is unless your skipping every possible fight and just fighting the ones you have to?

7. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    i think i got the equipment stuff down, but i was skipping battles... i seem to be doing better now. Thanks guys.

8. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Dodge.
    Thats really all there is to the game. Once you can dodge properly you can easily defeat anyone.

If you want an easy character to use, i'd go with Squall or Lightning. It's impossible to be bad with them. Their movesets are amazing.

Stocking up on bravery also doesn't have to be a priority. There have been plenty of times when I just whored HP attacks in an absurdly difficult fight. Just try to land HP attacks if you find you can't properly stock up on bravery.

9. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    what i doing is, trying to get all skill mastered, and get to level 100, BEFORE i do the story mode
    with each Character

you can make your on rules set to make the battles, go quick

but it will take a long time

set and right skills and use the right EQ helps

brave->HP move are nice, but only some Characters, have them

10. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    that's quite unnecessary and boring.

1 person likes this.
  11. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Yeah there is NO way im doing that. Ill suffer though story mode as is. And after doing some grinding, the game is going much better.

12. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Story mode might as well be renamed EZmode.
    You should be clearing it easy all the way through without grinding >_>

13. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Hells, to be fair i was skipping some battles.

14. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    You should have said that before....

15. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Right here Homes.

16. Ravte

Member Ravte GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I used the following technique to easily level my charracters to max lvl, getting all the skills and if you want to keep it fair, you can always adjust your charracters level down to the CPU's....later on the game sets a KP bonus line based on your charracters lvl so you'll be wanting to do this adjusting anyway.....
    But for the exp grinding method (about 1h from 1-100lvl, without +% exp accesories)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Shameless copypaste from
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    I take no credit whatsoever for this.

PS. Instead of going for the bravery break as the afromentioned guide suggests, I just went for the ex-cores for the instant ex-modes and hoped to land a hp attack to get an ex-attack which most often was enough to break the CPU's bravery giving you the 9999stage bravery which was most often enough to kill the CPU even at 100lvl

PSS. I'd suggest buying the "Drop more items" - item from the PP catalog, you can get some pretty nice lvl100 weapons from the CPU's while you grind your charracters up.

E* For a good website on competive DDF playing, google "Dissidia forums" and see the top result.
    If you want us to commentate and point out some points in your gameplay, you can:
    1. play a match
    2. save the replay after the fight
    3. change the replay to .avi format inside the game (this saves the .avi in your memory card - somewhere around 200mb I believe) option should be somewhere in the gallery/museum section I believe.
    4. upload it to youtube for us to see.

17. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    How wow didn't see that. Thanks for pointing that out :)

1 person likes this.
  18. BrightNeko

Member BrightNeko Popcorn ball

United States
    buy chaos shrine omega > get any above level exdeath (preferably 100) > fight there with exp boosting accessories for your level.

After awhile you'll learn how to ride the EXP multiplyer chocobo and make it to where even 200 HP DMG hits net you 5000 EXP.

Also moogle mail nets you some sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet EXP.

19. Ravte

Member Ravte GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Moogle mail gives EXP? Oo
    Damn, why haven't I noticed that! >.<

Not to bash on the method you suggested, but imo 5k exp for an hp attack seems low, I mean, from what I've seen with the custom rule route(and I mean I've gotten these amounts) - you can get anywhere above 50-500k xp per hp attack/ex-mode attack. (note you get twice the exp since you perform hp attack-->ex-attack.) And that was without any +% exp accesories, albeit I had black chocobo plan and the occasional exp bonus day.

OP: Currently this game is all about controlling your assists for long combos (least in metagame).
    But imo, every CPU in the story mode have a pattern by which they perform actions, just take a couple turns and try work out an tactic to counter it.

I remember fighting Empiror for like 10 times before I calmed down, started thinking logically and by figuring out the pattern, started to counter almost everything he could throw at me.

20. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    its cool :D