ROM Hack Disgaea Undub

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geez i dont see the big deal this is one of the only games i like the english voice acting like laharal which yes i spelled his name wrong his laugh is so much better in american then japanese

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Fairytale said:
DarthNemesis said:
Ruri said:
One other note: While I haven't gotten up to it in the DS version yet, I recall that the PSX version had a voiced song at one point.
Akai Tsuki?

I think she meant Within Invasion, the song it plays when fighting Baal. I have the song as mp3 as well ( unoffical disgaea ost )

No, The Invasion from Within is absent from the NDS version, so "song.dat" obviously is not that song, but definitely Akai Tsuki, since I saw it in the closing credits when I got pwn'd by mid-boss.

chaltier

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I tried all above method and found something funny. I don't know it's just me or the others too. xD

I use R4 n the japanese sound only plays at the intro to the chapter 1, which is etna trying to woke laharl up... After the conversation, the voice over didnt appear again... Even when fighting mid-boss, there are no voice over (i mean the event, not the battle). And when entering chapter 2, I heard the voice over "Chapter 2: Bla3x" and it's over. After that, the voice over didnt come out again...

Anyone have the same trouble?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
chaltier said:
I tried all above method and found something funny. I don't know it's just me or the others too. xD

I use R4 n the japanese sound only plays at the intro to the chapter 1, which is etna trying to woke laharl up... After the conversation, the voice over didnt appear again... Even when fighting mid-boss, there are no voice over (i mean the event, not the battle). And when entering chapter 2, I heard the voice over "Chapter 2: Bla3x" and it's over. After that, the voice over didnt come out again...

Anyone have the same trouble?
Yeah, the DS version has VA seriously cut. I've been playing the clean rom through about 3 chapters now and the only voice acting you get are right at the intro and in the "next episode preview" scenes.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Actually, I bet with a 128 MB cart, they could probably fit all the voices. I mean, the size is only 30-something MB.

Edit: Also, what happened to this?

http://www.crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages...ewsitem560.aspx

QUOTE said:
Crispy Gamer: Will the DS version support full voice acting and cutscenes from the original?

Jack: Yes, all the voiceovers and cut scenes of the original will be there.

Ok, Jack, you lying bastard.

chaltier

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
ic... i thought mine was error... xD because when i playing the PS2 version, there was supposed to be VO on those parts
biggrin.gif

btw, that's a big lie T_T...

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I was too lazy to undub, and found myself confused, so I looked it up in google.

There were people who undubed it, so just find the site, and download. I'm in chapter 3, and good so far.

Benandanti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, is there any way to replace the dub in the english DS version with the PS2 original?

Nothing against Etna's new VA, just nostalgic for the old one.

Fairytale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i guess that's hardly possible. ( possible is everything, just the amount of work related is in most cases much greater than the outcome worth is )
not only are ps2 files completely different from nds files, but there is probably not a seperate file just for etna in the ds version / ps2 version, but for the scene of voice acting.

Absynthe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
albel005 said:
geez i dont see the big deal this is one of the only games i like the english voice acting like laharal which yes i spelled his name wrong his laugh is so much better in american then japanese

If you know you spelled Laharl wrong then why didn't you correct it? And by the way, I don't mind the english voice acting, it's just that the japanese one sounds so much better. Why should we settle for something when we can have something that is way, way better for free?

also, lrn2punctuation.

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
voice.dat
voice.dat.tbl
msgvo.dat
msgvo.dat.tbl

those are the files to fully undub the game

Note : the intro to the game is synced ok with only this 4 files , the second intro after you start new game isint synced and copying bg.dat want help , it will only change the first intro that was synced into the one in japanese version , it will be ok too but the the chapter titles will be in japanese after that .

so for now im looking for a way to resync the second intro , if someone knows a way than let me know

BTW the version i undubed should work on most nrio flash type cards like ds linker , mk5 and ds X card

lovemusic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been trying to undub Disgaea with no luck.
I am using DSbuff v1 Final, I replace the English voice.dat, voice.dat.tbl, msgvo.dat and msgvo.dat.tbl with the Japanese ones, repack the ROM and try it on my Acekard2. When I try to play the game I just get a black screen.
Am I doing something wrong here???

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
ah well its hard to say if you doing something wrong , my disgaea undub works prefeclty fine on acekard . i used dslazy but dunno if it will change something
ill try to make a UPS patch with tsukuyomi and upload it later

BTW i didnt try it on acekard official firmware , maybe you should install AKAIO 1.5 .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol