Gaming Discussion: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, apparently BrickBlocker breaks it .. About 30 mins until it is downloaded here. Will try it on my PAL Wii with WiiKey and 3.0E firmare.
Will try the WiiKey region fix first, if not, i'll use RegionFrii.

Hope it works, others have said it is ok on PAL Wii's

wes84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the latest Update on the Wii and tried it without BrickBlocker. Then MP wants to Update my system... No Way

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
works on pal OK, make sure up update on net first, My Pal wii and Ntsc Wii works like a charm, playing it and i'm enjoying it. SOO FUN AND OMG LOOKS SOO GOOD, truu wii graphics. Disbelievers believe!!

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ehehe, scarey
huh.gif
.. two channels ... why not just move them a few screens over and you won't know they're there
smile.gif

paOol

Trophies
XP
Country
so is this game coming out tomorrow (8/27) or tuesday (8/28)?

ign/ebgames says 27th
bestbuy/circuitcity says 28th

o_o.

AxaliaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, to be perfectly crystal clear about this:

- The game gets broken by BrickBlocker
- The game prompts for an update on PAL consoles, but this update is harmless and you can play it without any problems

Right? Don't wanna risk a brick ^^

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

- The game prompts for an update on PAL consoles, but this update is harmless and you can play it without any problems

It's still unsure what the update will have for effect in the long run.
The update is probably needed to run the game, so no update=no launching the game.
The update doesn't directly brick your console, but it does add another news and weather channel.
The update doesn't seem to increase the firmware version number (someone updated from 2.2U and still had 2.2U after that), so it updates something else to make the game run.

So basically the update doesn't directly brick your wii, but it does create an opportunity to detect the usage of a modchip, and it's still unsure if this update will give troubles with future updates and if the new channels will ever dissapear. So it's still unsure if it's really save to update...

viscera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It's still unsure what the update will have for effect in the long run.
The update is probably needed to run the game, so no update=no launching the game.
The update doesn't directly brick your console, but it does add another news and weather channel.
The update doesn't seem to increase the firmware version number (someone updated from 2.2U and still had 2.2U after that), so it updates something else to make the game run.

So basically the update doesn't directly brick your wii, but it does create an opportunity to detect the usage of a modchip, and it's still unsure if this update will give troubles with future updates and if the new channels will ever dissapear. So it's still unsure if it's really save to update...

Heres my thought's which have been reinforced after reading that someone on 2.2U updated to the same version number..

Metroid Prime 3's update does two things,

1.) Checks if you have the US versions of the Weather and News channel
2.) IF you do have the channels, in the correct area, it writes that somewhere, and then runs the game.. IF YOU DONT, it installs them, and perhaps writes that in there too.....

the 2nd part, where if you dont have the channels...and it installs duplicates, means that its highly likely that nintendo has figured out a way of finding out if you have a modchip.

think about it, nintendo loves to delay all their games, pal always getting shafted with releases after the US, and then the occasional example of the other (Mario Strikers) ... in the future this could mean that nintendo have a great way of discovering modchips in various regions and bricking via updates!

I'm going to wait till the next update before I try this... double channels, for me means double chance for my wii to get bricked next update.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the 2nd part, where if you dont have the channels...and it installs duplicates, means that its highly likely that nintendo has figured out a way of finding out if you have a modchip.

think about it, nintendo loves to delay all their games, pal always getting shafted with releases after the US, and then the occasional example of the other (Mario Strikers) ... in the future this could mean that nintendo have a great way of discovering modchips in various regions and bricking via updates!

I'm going to wait till the next update before I try this... double channels, for me means double chance for my wii to get bricked next update.
Except this has already happened before with previous releases, what makes it different now?(the warning?)

And it didn't change the firmware on a 2.2U Wii? Can someone confirm this?
blink.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you players tried the MP3 Online option ?
Is it just to send screenshot ?

Does it automatically recognize other Wii friends who have it, or do you still need to enter a code ?
Thank you
smile.gif

Maybe the little firmware update needed to play is just to mark the console with "I have the metroid game available for friend code". I read on the released thread 2.2U are still in 2.2U. It's like Paper Mario update, nothing changed in the firmware version number.

nehs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found this hope it helps

Allright. There is a way around this "double your News and Weather Channel" stuff. Ive done this on TWO Wiis, both with the latest 3.0 firmware (including the little one that came some days after the big 3.0 that fixed som internet channel issues) and both are modded with CycloWiiz. This is step by step how I did it on TWO Wiis (PAL ofc, BOTH got no duplicate channels!!!):

1. Ofcourse download the game.
2. Extract the ISO-files with WinRAR.
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to PAL!) (dont know if runing it through Region Frii is necessary, but I did it...)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid" (keep order of which disc is Brick Blocked and which is Friid...!).
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works. Now you have a working Metroid Prime game and a non-doubled Wii

THANKS SETEM
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I could claw back 14tb by only doing 2 parity disks but I feel like with 13 disks in the RAID...