Homebrew Question / Discussion Cheat Plug-in possibility?

CIGrittz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i have ben outside of the hacking scene in a whole since the psp came out mainly because most console hacks I either did not own the console or did not feel it was worth hackin the exploitable console I owned at the time was beneficial but the Nintendo switch reminds me of the PSP scene rapid development, almost daily updates intense use of the hardware Nintendo has so graciously provided us *thank you Nintendo for your day 1 hardware exploit as a kid I enjoyed plugins like cwcheat and nightpr on the psp, however I was wondering if there would ever be a possibility of cheat engines similar to those where you could do code searching without use of a computer or a network connection I have pretty much committed the switch I own at this time to offline use because to be honest I see so much promise in the switch hacking scene that online doesn't really matter to me yet ive connected my Nintendo to the eshop and linked my acct to my switch so im not trying to get my acct banned and ive done several questionable things to my switch since then I feel that asking Nintendo to unlink my acct would be much easier to do if I tell them that ive broken my switch and have bought a new one would be a much better excuse than risking any leftovers causing a ban to my acct and switch.
also if this is in the wrong place I apologize in advance

Last edited by CIGrittz,

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i have ben outside of the hacking scene in a whole since the psp came out mainly because most console hacks I either did not own the console or did not feel it was worth hackin the exploitable console I owned at the time was beneficial but the Nintendo switch reminds me of the PSP scene rapid development, almost daily updates intense use of the hardware Nintendo has so graciously provided us *thank you Nintendo for your day 1 hardware exploit as a kid I enjoyed plugins like cwcheat and nightpr on the psp, however I was wondering if there would ever be a possibility of cheat engines similar to those where you could do code searching without use of a computer or a network connection I have pretty much committed the switch I own at this time to offline use because to be honest I see so much promise in the switch hacking scene that online doesn't really matter to me yet ive connected my Nintendo to the eshop and linked my acct to my switch so im not trying to get my acct banned and ive done several questionable things to my switch since then I feel that asking Nintendo to unlink my acct would be much easier to do if I tell them that ive broken my switch and have bought a new one would be a much better excuse than risking any leftovers causing a ban to my acct and switch.
also if this is in the wrong place I apologize in advance

sys-netcheat is a network cheat engine (controlled from your PC)
Latest SX OS has a cheat engine built-in with support for pre-made cheats.

So yes, there are options, but not as polished as cwc yet.

Reactions: NoNAND

CIGrittz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea honestly the only reason I would even get sxos is so that I could utilize the cheat device but i hope they come out with tools for finding them other than memory searching because memory searching is nice but im interested in custom subroutines and things like that it would be super sick to create new functions within the games i have so many ideas but until the tools are released i think im at bay. hopefully it really takes off because i see so much potential with what we have as switch users with exploitable consoles

nmkd

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yea honestly the only reason I would even get sxos is so that I could utilize the cheat device but i hope they come out with tools for finding them other than memory searching because memory searching is nice but im interested in custom subroutines and things like that it would be super sick to create new functions within the games i have so many ideas but until the tools are released i think im at bay. hopefully it really takes off because i see so much potential with what we have as switch users with exploitable consoles

I don't think even Cheat Engine can do stuff like that

CIGrittz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm not really sure how everything really works on the switch I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since PS2dis was around where I could just dump the memory analyze it find certain functions single them out then jump the main address to an unused section of memory and write a custom sub put the code into a cheat device and see where it takes you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.