Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Huh. So could that be what causes things like the "tweaking glitch" in gen 4? (the explanations I've read talk about the game trying to read more zone maps before they can be loaded in, which seems to match what you're talking about)

Also wondering if there could be a way to force the ARM9 to behave that same way with this application? I mean unless Nintendo physically hardwired the chips to interact differently when being run from Slot-1 over SD Card, which I find hard to believe. Could there be a function in there somewhere you guys have missed?

Sorry if I'm annoying you. Just a fan of this project and excited to see if you can push its potential further!

Last edited by teelo,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. So could that be what causes things like the "tweaking glitch" in gen 4? (the explanations I've read talk about the game trying to read more zone maps before they can be loaded in, which seems to match what you're talking about)

Also wondering if there could be a way to force the ARM9 to behave that same way with this application? I mean unless Nintendo physically hardwired the chips to interact differently when being run from Slot-1 over SD Card, which I find hard to believe. Could there be a function in there somewhere you guys have missed?!
In NTR/TWL mode, the ARM9 can't access the SD. Actually there is something we have missed, that being the DSi's New DMA, which is included in the 3DS as well.
Sorry if I'm annoying you. Just a fan of this project and excited to see if you can push its potential further!
Well, the DSi New DMA can likely be used to speed up loading times.

teelo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ah, I see the problem now.

So is the NDMA something you're working on as a solution? Or is that someone elses project?

Which chip(s) can access TWLNAND and other internal storage areas? As I mentioned earlier, over 100MB of space on the TWLNAND, plenty of room for a ROM!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So is the NDMA something you're working on as a solution? Or is that someone elses project?
Someone elses.
Which chip(s) can access TWLNAND and other internal storage areas? As I mentioned earlier, over 100MB of space on the TWLNAND, plenty of room for a ROM!
Just ARM7 for DSi and NTR/TWL mode on 3DS.

Swampat

The swamp monster that pats the ground
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play pokemon pearl with the no trade evolutions and it works the first time but when I try again it just has a white screen.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wouldn't a ROM have to be on RAM instead of TWLNAND for it to work like you intent to?, from my understanding twlnand is only the location the 3ds stores dsiware installed, what benefit could that provide to run nds Roms?

Last edited by lordkaos,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't a ROM have to be on RAM instead of TWLNAND for it to work like you intent to?
Well, the arm7 & arm9 binaries are loaded into RAM.
from my understanding twlnand is only the location the 3ds stores dsiware installed, what benefit could that provide to run nds Roms?
Nothing, actually.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Carter0108

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every time TWLoader is updated I check to see if it's working properly on my 3DS and it still isn't. I have an R4i v1.4 and nearly everything is working. I click on Add Games and it boots up YSMenu but from there all I can do is boot the games, not add them to the TWLoader menu. What am I doing wrong?

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
TWLoader seems to boot to a white screen (DSTT) unpredictably, and hang there. I haven't a clue why it's so unstable- it seems to work correctly about half the time, and fail the rest of the time. I had the same issue with CIA forwarders, as well.

Is this normal behaviour where the DSTT's concerned? If not, is there anything I could do to narrow down the source of the issue? I've tried wiping TWLoader's directories/reinstalling it (and starting afresh with an empty microSD card from scratch, in the flashcart's case), but that doesn't seem to have done much either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs