Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash4093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully quick question, my friend and i keep all of the files up to date (with the exception of twl nand side for me), all our files and settings are exactly the same, however, on sm64 ds (or any other game), he can not get it to boot, i however can, i have gone through every file i am able to and beleive it to be the twl nand side file, is there a way to confirm this and is there a way that he can roll it back (i can't seem to find the files online, unless I'm not looking hard enough, which is possible) i have tried copying and renaming the .app file from the directory the cia refers to, but no go, i have also tried restoring n3ds twl and also no go, not being a programmer, i can't get too deep into the files and still understand. Sorry for the long write up, our systems are n3ds xl 11.2e luma 6.6 a9lh

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully quick question, my friend and i keep all of the files up to date (with the exception of twl nand side for me), all our files and settings are exactly the same, however, on sm64 ds (or any other game), he can not get it to boot, i however can, i have gone through every file i am able to and beleive it to be the twl nand side file, is there a way to confirm this and is there a way that he can roll it back (i can't seem to find the files online, unless I'm not looking hard enough, which is possible) i have tried copying and renaming the .app file from the directory the cia refers to, but no go, i have also tried restoring n3ds twl and also no go, not being a programmer, i can't get too deep into the files and still understand. Sorry for the long write up, our systems are n3ds xl 11.2e luma 6.6 a9lh
I don't think it has anything to do with the side CIA. I'm using the newest one and SM64 boots just fine. Did he have a previous version of TWLoader installed and didn't update the _nds directory when updating?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I don't own a DSi anymore and never missed it, but is it possible for nds-bootstrap to work on those too?
Then it would be at least more of use than now, where it is a DS lite without slot 2.

Theoretically it can. but it would have to do additional patches to fix issues that would occur due to not being able to switch out of DSi mode (as all current exploits do not have unlocked arm7 SCFG_EXT on DSi at the moment). I believe the main obstacle being the ram space is doable from arm9 scfg so that can still be done just fine. But touchscreen/audio will break for NTR games due to TWL mode BIOS functions being in effect. Additional patches would be needed to fix that. It is possible though. Look at the Cyclo DS iEvolution for example. It had support for booting NTR games while in DSi mode. Not sure how good it's compatibility was for doing that, but early games like Mario 64 certainly worked fine.

The main question at hand though is if DSi WRAM and MPU can be reconfigured in the environment setup by Sudokuhax or something similar to that. If not, then he'd have to basically rewrite his patch system. That won't be likely to happen. Ahezard is more familiar with how his code is configured right now so he'd be the better person to ask about this. :P

Either way, it's not likely that this will get DSi support until near the end of the development cycle after Ahezard has got good compatibility with games. After that maybe he'll get time to do extras like DSi support. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Wuigi

FarisFelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Check if there is something wrong with your SD. Also, reinstall TWLNand side and test. If this doesn't work, there is a problem with your TWL firm
Sd card is fine. Reinstalled TWLNand side and Twloader. Doesn't work.Looks like it's a problem with TWL firm.=(

Ash4093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it has anything to do with the side CIA. I'm using the newest one and SM64 boots just fine. Did he have a previous version of TWLoader installed and didn't update the _nds directory when updating?
Thanks for the reply :-)

We updated the _nds folder on both mine and his, we both had the previous version installed before updating, he updated via twloader and i updated via homebr3w, that was the only difference, i did try re-downloading twloader using homebr3w on his, unfortunately, still doesn't work, i had the same problem myself with an earlier build and found that it was where one of the ini files was directing for the bootrom, i have checked all of the files though and they are all the same, the only reason I believe it to be the twl side is that there is a size difference in the files, like i said though, I'm not a programmer, so i could be way off!

Last edited by Ash4093,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply :-)

We updated the _nds folder on both mine and his, we both had the previous version installed before updating, he updated via twloader and i updated via homebr3w, that was the only difference, i did try re-downloading twloader using homebr3w on his, unfortunately, still doesn't work, i had the same problem myself with an earlier build and found that it was where one of the ini files was directing for the bootrom, i have checked all of the files though and they are all the same, the only reason I believe it to be the twl side is that there is a size difference in the files, like i said though, I'm not a programmer, so i could be way off!
What exactly happens?

Ash4093

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly happens?
On his it just white screens after displaying the dsi bootscreen, on mine it loads up the games (we have mostly been using sm64 for testing since we know it works), we are both using the exact same roms aswell

Reactions: hii915
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ