[Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, Nov 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat D

Fat D GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 18, 2006
    Germany
    I would facepalm so hard right now if I was not recovering from a broken arm right now. Thank you, that did the trick. I checked every option back when I was on the Wood menu, and did not think to look into that again after going back to the DSi menu fixed the crash to homemenu reset.

2. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    I thought I had, but upon looking again it turns out that I had not. Thanks! Now I get TWLoader's add game menu... Only, it seems like it froze while trying to add a game? I tried a homebrew game first, and wondered if there was a problem there, so I restarted TWLoader and tried adding a retail game. Same problem. I've been on "Reading NDS file." with the fat:/ path to the game for several minutes now.

3. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sorry, I'm not getting the freezing issue myself. The menu should restart if a game is added.

4. Cralex

Cralex GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2016
    United States
    But either way, it should do so pretty quick, right? I can try double-checking the files I've added to see if it fixes things.

5. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Well, i tried now without skipping any instruction, and well:

Runs the R4 but the upper screen just shows a gray image with no signs of loading. What could it be? Also console exit doesn't show any message at all. I tried different configs (like disabling card reset and improved VRAM) and still doesn't work.

Also, the R4 is still functional on both original DS and Apache's R4 Launcher.

Last edited by Autz, May 5, 2017
  6. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Is there a loading bar on the bottom screen?

7. Autz

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Nope. Bottom screen is completely black. At the first time it showed a message tho:

BOOT . SYS or something

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    That's strange. Did the gray image first appear on the bottom screen, then it moved to the top screen?

9. Autz

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Yes. Also, i tried to run the app (wfwd.nds) using Apache's Launcher, and it seems that it works well, but not on TWLoader.

Let me guess: TWLoader directly launchs that .nds app, right? I think nds-bootstrap is messing up something.

10. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    TWLoader loads a .nds file in the system's SD card to load YSMenu on the R4. Try formatting your R4's microSD card.
    nds-bootstrap only loads ROMs from the system's SD card, so no, it didn't mess up something.

11. Autz

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    well, i formatted my R4 and the issue persist. R4 is still functional on original DS and with Apache's Launcher.

I tried to wipe out any content of the flashcart and only place the Fowarder files: Still hangs.

Z-Master likes this.
  12. Billy1006

Billy1006 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2016
    Gambia, The
    When i start a ROM it boots but it stucks on a white screen what can i do??

13. NTE78

NTE78 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    United States
    Memelord City
    What game were you playing? It might not be supported.

14. Titanica

Titanica As mature as a Seventh Grader!

Dec 18, 2016
    United States
    Earth
  15. VeniaSilente

VeniaSilente Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I get "an exception has occurred", leading to console poweroff, every time I change anything in the settings. Only some of the options I change end up saved. HW is o3DS in Luma 7.04 and flashcard is a Supercard DSTWO, but "Add Games" does nothing, it gets stuck on a white screen as well..

Any idea what could be the problem?

Last edited by VeniaSilente, May 6, 2017
  16. Usl5264

Usl5264 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2016
    Hi Robz8, I have set up the flashcard and twloader, but when I select a game from the flashcard it does not add it to the twloader menu. Any reason why?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

pip Developer
    Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Did you extract the files in "flashcardroot" from TWLoader.7z to the flashcard root?

Usl5264 likes this.
  18. Usl5264

Usl5264 GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2016
    I finally got it working. Thanks

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

19. Snoof

Snoof Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    United States
    My heart got crushed today. In TWLoader, I changed the menu to "R4" because I didn't know what it looked like. When I changed it though, I saw there were no settings AT ALL and my Mario Kart DS game couldn't be found. I tried deleting TWLoader and reinstalling it, but when I did it booted up on th R4 menu again.

20. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    hit select on the main screen to take you to the settings in the R4 theme.

If that doesn't work, go to your SD card (either from your PC or using fbi) and delete this file: _nds/twloader/settings.ini

Or edit it so the theme setting says 0

Last edited by Nomelas, May 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.