Kayelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Need some help please!!

I have a Wii (PAL) chipped with a Wiikeyv2. I have a backup of Animal Crossing I am trying to play and it asked for a system update. I was on 3.3E, but after researching decided to update to 3.4E (I'm not running any Homebrew). I did the update via the System settings, not through the game disc.

However, when I put the game disc back in, it still asks for the system update. Does anyone know why this would be happening?? Shouldn't it recognise that the system firmware is up to date? What can I do about this so I can play the game?

Kayelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hamtotem said:
You can update using the disc. Correct me if I'm wrong, you should only worry about that if you are running homebrew.

Thanks for your reply
smile.gif

So even though I've already updated the Wii to the latest firmware via the system menu, I should press update on the Disc Menu as well when prompted? Won't that just re download the same firmware?

goodboy735

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kayelle said:
hamtotem said:
You can update using the disc. Correct me if I'm wrong, you should only worry about that if you are running homebrew.

Thanks for your reply
smile.gif

So even though I've already updated the Wii to the latest firmware via the system menu, I should press update on the Disc Menu as well when prompted? Won't that just re download the same firmware?
Nope, it pulls the update from the disc
wink.gif

Kayelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I know I'm being a bit paranoid, but I won't brick my Wii if I update off the disc will I?

As far as I know, game is same region.

Kayelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well just thought I should come and add that I did the update off the disc and it all works fine
smile.gif

Thanks everyone for your advice, much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate