Hacking Disc cannot be read. Refer to your Wii manual.

Elegidos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, everyone! I´m having a problem with the backup launcher.

Few days back, I´ve installed the Homebrew Channel with the Backup Launcher (Version 0.3 gamma IOS249 - Autor: WiiGator) and the cIOS installer (Version 0.3 gamma - Autor: WiiGator) in my Wii, Version 3.1E.

Well, I recorded my backup game of my Mario Party 8 on a DVD-R Verbatim 16x at a speed of 1x with the program ImgBurn. Well, I inserted the disc and the game loaded up with out any problems, but then it froze for a few seconds after playing for about 15 minutes and this message popped up:

"Disc cannot be read,
refer to your Wii manual"

Now everytime I try playing the game, this error message keeps poping up, strange. Any suggestions on why this might be happing?

Thank You

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Elegidos said:
Hello, everyone! I´m having a problem with the backup launcher.

Few days back, I´ve installed the Homebrew Channel with the Backup Launcher (Version 0.3 gamma IOS249 - Autor: WiiGator) and the cIOS installer (Version 0.3 gamma - Autor: WiiGator) in my Wii, Version 3.1E.

Well, I recorded my backup game of my Mario Party 8 on a DVD-R Verbatim 16x at a speed of 1x with the program ImgBurn. Well, I inserted the disc and the game loaded up with out any problems, but then it froze for a few seconds after playing for about 15 minutes and this message popped up:

"Disc cannot be read,
refer to your Wii manual"

Now everytime I try playing the game, this error message keeps poping up, strange. Any suggestions on why this might be happing?

Thank You
Bad burn, you do know that there aren't any benefits to burning slow right? Burning slow worsens the quality of the disk in most cases.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
david432 said:
Bad burn, you do know that there aren't any benefits to burning slow right? Burning slow worsens the quality of the disk in most cases.

You have proof of this? All my games are burnt at 1x, no problems at all

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Elegidos said:
Thanks David432, so if I have a 16x dvd, should I burn it at 16x or better at half, at 8x?

Thanks again.
Burn it at 8x.

Posts merged

mcj said:
QUOTE(david432 @ Jan 15 2009, 02:10 PM) Bad burn, you do know that there aren't any benefits to burning slow right? Burning slow worsens the quality of the disk in most cases.

You have proof of this? All my games are burnt at 1x, no problems at all
Depends on your burner, but burners that are 0-3 years old burn best at half the disks rated speed. for older burners it would probably be best at 4x.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't answer the question. Not trying to be rude, but it's the age old debate and I have never seen a good answer.

Personally, I doubt it has to do with slow vs fast speed. It's most likely the media. But shitty discs and you are going to have problems. Spend a few extra and get good discs and you'll be fine

Elegidos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for help. So I should first try to burn it quicker, at 8x or higher, right? That might be the problem at the moment. So I will try to do that first, and reply and tell you guys if it works.

Thanks again.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Elegidos said:
Thanks a lot for help. So I should first try to burn it quicker, at 8x or higher, right? That might be the problem at the moment. So I will try to do that first, and reply and tell you guys if it works.

Thanks again.
Glad we could help. And I almost forgot, welcome to GBAtemp!
yaynds.gif

Elegidos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. I have another question, well, actually just curious about something about all this. I´ve recording the game at speed 1x using Verbatim DVD-R and it worked but just for 15-20 mins. So it´s probably a dvd media problem right? If I would of recorded the backup at 8x it would of worked?

Thanks.

Elegidos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello again! I just recorded the game "again" (Mario Party 8) and it works now. Thanks again for the help.

I´ve recorded the game with:

ImgBurn
DVD-R Verbatim 16x
Speed 8x

Now I´m going to play the game and see if works all the way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree"