Hacking Disadvantages of Pasta Cfw

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
First of all, I am so stupid and lazy to understand and build a proper cfw and emunand on my 9.2 2ds. So Pasta Cfw and BigBlueBox with Ninjhax are lifesaver to me.

But i read about some disadvantages of using sysnand instead of emunand. Using sysnand may brick the console, as you know. But downloading cias to sd card doesn't brick it. What is the difference of them? How can i download cias to sysnand or sd card?

I just downloaded a cia which is cryptofixed and translated Fire Emblem IF game. It works flawlessly. Can i download dlc on BigBlueBox without any possibility of brick? And what kind of cias can i download? What does brick my console and doesn't? Can i download games which need over 9.2 fw? Thanks.

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thay say about using Pasta Cfw may cause problems if "stupid things" happens. What are the stupid things about? Please tell me the stupid things cause problems with Pasta Cfw. Someone help this noob, please! :cry:

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, I am so stupid and lazy to understand and build a proper cfw and emunand on my 9.2 2ds. So Pasta Cfw and BigBlueBox with Ninjhax are lifesaver to me.

But i read about some disadvantages of using sysnand instead of emunand. Using sysnand may brick the console, as you know. But downloading cias to sd card doesn't brick it. What is the difference of them? How can i download cias to sysnand or sd card?

I just downloaded a cia which is cryptofixed and translated Fire Emblem IF game. It works flawlessly. Can i download dlc on BigBlueBox without any possibility of brick? And what kind of cias can i download? What does brick my console and doesn't? Can i download games which need over 9.2 fw? Thanks.

There's a lot of benefits to using emuNAND. First, if you screw anything up bad, there is a greater chance of recovery because the emuNAND is like a "backup" copy of your NAND. Second, you can upgrade emuNAND to the latest firmware without touching your sysNAND. If you're installing cia files to your sysNAND, theres always a small chance of a brick if you install a bad file. Just set up emuNAND and use rxTools to boot the emuNAND. Leave the sysNAND untouched.

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i tried to set up rxTools and emunand, i did everything on the tutorial but somehow rxTools didn't work. Yesterday, I worked on it for hours but i and my brain can't stand it anymore. What is a bad file? How can i brick the console?

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to set up rxTools and emunand, i did everything on the tutorial but somehow rxTools didn't work. Yesterday, I worked on it for hours but i and my brain can't stand it anymore. What is a bad file? How can i brick the console?

It is worth the effort to set up emuNAND. A bad file could be anything. If it modifies or deletes a system .cia file, then you could easily brick your console. Play it safe, and leave the sysNAND untouched.

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Could be anything? Something for example? What bricks, what doesn't brick? I don't understand how a game modifies or deletes a system cia file. I am sure it worths the effort but i give up unless i find an extremly noob, brainless friendly tutorial.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be anything? Something for example? What bricks, what doesn't brick? I don't understand how a game modifies or deletes a system cia file. I am sure it worths the effort but i give up unless i find an extremly noob, brainless friendly tutorial.

I can't give you a concrete example of a cia file that would brick your 3DS. But, the internet is full of downloads, you just have to be careful what you install. There are very noob friendly guides on this site that should get you set up with an emuNAND. All I'm saying is, it is worth the time and effort to learn how to set up emuNAND and rxTools. If you don't care about the very small possibility of bricking your 3DS, then by all means, install cia files to your sysNAND.

Reactions: bytar and Scarlet

raibot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rather than ask about the disadvantages of installing cias to sysnand i think you should try asking about the step where you are stuck in the tutorial or guide to setup emunand. The process doesn't take more than 30 mins total if you know what to do

bytar

Holy Knight
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I didn't stuck anywhere. I did everything, i set up emunand too. I did a back up of nand. But rxTools didn't work, neither on browser, nor with Ninjhax.

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't stuck anywhere. I did everything, i set up emunand too. I did a back up of nand. But rxTools didn't work, neither on browser, nor with Ninjhax.

Maybe you should figure out how to fix rxTools using the threads already available instead of completely giving up on emuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1