Disabled; Recomend games for me

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by liquidnumb, Aug 13, 2010.

Aug 13, 2010
  1. liquidnumb
    OP

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have endured multiple injuries to the extent that I have to spend most of my time in bed and have limited use of my hands. All I have for entertainment is television and my DS, but I'm only able to operate it using the touchscreen since my thumbs are mostly busted. Please recommend some games I can play using only (or mostly) the touchscreen.

Recently I have played:

- Dragon Quest IX
    - Contact
    - Desktop Tower Defense
    - Monster Rancher DS

I'm not terribly picky considering the situation I'm in, but I think I'm getting a little tired of the JRPGs for the time being.

2. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    I know you said you were getting tired of JRPGs, but none-the-less, I thought I'd throw this suggestion out there (actually, I don't even know if this could be considered a typical JRPG):
    The World Ends With You.

If you haven't played it yet, try it out; it's pretty unique and fun RPG with a good plot, and you can play it mostly with the touchscreen.

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Rhythm Heaven. It's fun, and it's all touch screen controlled except for one minigame where you have to hold the L or R button.....
    Warioware Touched. It uses only the touch screen, is fun, and an entire set of minigames use only the microphone!
    Cooking Mama. Need I say more?
    Taiko no Tatsujin DS (and all sequels to it). It DOES require two styluses, because the gameplay is fast.... But it's fun....
    Pac'N Roll. You flick the touch screen to roll Pac Man around. Easy and fun.
    Trauma Center Under the Knife 1 and 2. Operations operations operations! Oh, and fun.
    Rhythm Tengoku. Okay, it's for the GBA, but granted, most of the minigames have you pressing like ONE button. So you could easily just play it with your index fingers on the a button and sometimes one other button. It's literally that easy.
    All DS Picross Games. Fun, though Picross 3D requires you hold buttons on the DPad a lot.
    Ouendan games. Easy fun. [​IMG]
    Ragnarok DS. Only if you like Ragnarok Online.
    Kirby Canvas Curse. Yes.
    Ace Attorney games. Good ones. Visual novels, though.
    Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo's Dungeon. Good clean Minigame with Chocobos fun.

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    how about scribblenauts?
    if i am not wrong everything is almost done on the touch screen

5. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    And um... Final Fantasy XII Revenant Wings is pretty good, it's a RTS and touchscreen only.

6. mangaTom

Member mangaTom GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    How about the Legend of Zelda(both) [​IMG] , it only uses touchscreen and mic plus d pad is only optional.(which of course is not used in moving.)

7. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Except if you touch two different areas of the touch screen at once, the DS will register it as if you touched the middle of the two places you touched.

8. Xarsah16

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

As all my other recommendations have been suggested, I have one other game (more like a mystery novel) of interest. It's called Hotel Dusk Rm 215. It requires your brain more than your hands - and it is completely touch screen controllable. If you can hold your DS in your lap, all it really requires is light tapping to advance the text and it should be easy for you [​IMG] It's quite interesting - it's about an ex-cop turned salesman who is trying to find his best friend that disappeared three years ago.

Get well soon [​IMG]

9. Shinigami357

Member Shinigami357 Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger

Philippines
    try professor layton 1 & 2. purely touch controlled, excellent puzzles and storyline.

10. overslept

Member overslept WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD

United States
    a little confused... if your thumbs are busted, how did you type this [​IMG]

11. Exbaddude

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    I'm guessing he used his other fingers. 8D

12. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Not using his thumbs for the space bar.

Anyways a slow-paced MMO RPG might work?

13. liquidnumb
    OP

Member liquidnumb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'm loading my card up with old forgotten favorites and the few here I haven't played. Keep 'em coming if you've got 'em, 'cause I have nothing but time.

With my fingers, genius.

14. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    [​IMG] It's 2am here, that was so funny, I almost crashed into the computer! [​IMG]

On-topic: The best I can say is: try Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword. It's touch screen only except that you need any face or shoulder button to block, and start to pause.

15. Private|Par

Member Private|Par GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If you have a Slot-2, I'd recommend cramming on some emulators and old retro games and drifting off into the sweet embrace of nostalgia.

16. MasterPenguin

Member MasterPenguin GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    How does one use the stylus properly without a thumb? Wouldn't regular buttons be easier? (I've used the regular buttons without my thumbs all the time, [​IMG])

17. Delta517

Member Delta517 Its okay...Im a ninja ;)

Norway
    I'll recommend the Ace Attorney series. [​IMG]