Gaming Disable wiiconnect24 in 2019

LordMg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As title states - I'm trying to disable wiiconnect, but when I'm trying to enter settings for it - it asks me to review Wii Network Services Agreement. Then I get message that service is no being offered anymore and it takes me back to wii menu. Is there any other way to disable it? Like some homebrew?

Last edited by LordMg,

LordMg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks for help. But it turned out I had to change console region to UK and I was able to read agreement. And later I found option to disable standby mode in priiloader.

LordMg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not going to use it and leaving it enabled can cause graphical artifacts from what I know.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But WC24 forces standby mode.
No, it doesn't, in fact it's the opposite - to use standby connection, you must enable WC24 (and the news/weather channels have a gratuitous requirement for standby connection to be enabled, which is part of the reason why Priiloader has a force-standby-off patch) :)

By itself, standby mode doesn't "cause artifacts" - that happens to a limited number of consoles after repeated thermal stress (which yes, standby mode may promote, due to leaving the GPU running with the fan off - something that can be changed by soldering one wire - but is not a sufficient or necessary condition)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto