Disable wiiconnect24 in 2019

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by LordMg, Mar 13, 2019.

1. LordMg
    OP

LordMg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2019
    Poland
    As title states - I'm trying to disable wiiconnect, but when I'm trying to enter settings for it - it asks me to review Wii Network Services Agreement. Then I get message that service is no being offered anymore and it takes me back to wii menu. Is there any other way to disable it? Like some homebrew?

Last edited by LordMg, Mar 13, 2019
  2. gburgue

gburgue GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    Argentina
    You could give a try to a homebrew application called 'Settings Editor GUI'. It has an option to enable/disable WC24.

3. LordMg
    OP

LordMg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2019
    Poland
    Thanks for help. But it turned out I had to change console region to UK and I was able to read agreement. And later I found option to disable standby mode in priiloader.

4. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Why do you want to disable WiiConnect24 stuff? You can just use RC24 to use it again.

5. LordMg
    OP

LordMg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2019
    Poland
    I'm not going to use it and leaving it enabled can cause graphical artifacts from what I know.

6. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Isn't that Standby mode, not WC24 in general?

7. LordMg
    OP

LordMg Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2019
    Poland
    But WC24 forces standby mode. And like I said - I don't need it, I play only solo.

Last edited by LordMg, Mar 20, 2019
  8. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    No, it doesn't, in fact it's the opposite - to use standby connection, you must enable WC24 (and the news/weather channels have a gratuitous requirement for standby connection to be enabled, which is part of the reason why Priiloader has a force-standby-off patch) :)

By itself, standby mode doesn't "cause artifacts" - that happens to a limited number of consoles after repeated thermal stress (which yes, standby mode may promote, due to leaving the GPU running with the fan off - something that can be changed by soldering one wire - but is not a sufficient or necessary condition)