Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan what does a pink screen after the DM boot logo mean? It happens for me with every version of DM and all loaders with the NFS Underground series.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know a way to fix Crash bandicoot wrath of cortex? It has audio issues and I have the pal version.
I don't know which version of Dios Mios I have since I'm on the iPod but if there is a fix, please let me know.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Have found/tested the other way to solve the "green screen" issue of
"Medal of Honor Frontline" (as well as "007:Agent Under Fire")
to work with "r29" (v2.3).

The way is to compile "r29" (no need to change "echi.c" and "echi-mem.c")
then put/replace the "iosmodule.elf" into the WAD file of v2.0.5 (r14) .

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would probably be better to examine the diff of r14 and r15 of theses two files and figure out the exact change that causes the problem

edit:
r14 -> r15 has has only 4 lines with actual code changes
the rest is whitespace or comment
1 in ehci-mem.c and 3 seemingly interlinked in ehci.c

try reverting them independently in r29 and see what each does
but the log makes these changes sound important:

EHCI:
*Changed the ehci_bulk_message buffer address, which fixes the gameid when using WiiRd
*Some code clean up

maybe try some other values for the address

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan what does a pink screen after the DM boot logo mean? It happens for me with every version of DM and all loaders with the NFS Underground series.
Pink? sorry I never seen that :O
The game works fine with the default MIOS? (or with cMIOS from Wiigator if you really don't have the retail disc :ph34r: )

These games are marked as working fine on the official compatibility list.

Qetzlcoatl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi, all!
Some more on 4k sector size HDDs.
I'm trying to compile DM sources with a) hardcoded 4k sector size in place of hardcoded 512b sector size and b) multisize autodetect.
Both targets failed. :(
With hardcoded 4k the size of ff.o binary is 32bytes greater than with 512b hardcoded ff.o .
With autodetect ff.o is 900bytes greater that with 512b hardcoded.
But not that fact itself is a case of problem.
Problem is size of .bss area of resulting iosmodule.elf. It increased dramaticaly and overflowed sram size by 9564 (4k) or 10076 (multi) bytes.
:(

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi, all!
Some more on 4k sector size HDDs.
I'm trying to compile DM sources with a) hardcoded 4k sector size in place of hardcoded 512b sector size and b) multisize autodetect.
Both targets failed. :(
With hardcoded 4k the size of ff.o binary is 32bytes greater than with 512b hardcoded ff.o .
With autodetect ff.o is 900bytes greater that with 512b hardcoded.
But not that fact itself is a case of problem.
Problem is size of .bss area of resulting iosmodule.elf. It increased dramaticaly and overflowed sram size by 9564 (4k) or 10076 (multi) bytes.
:(
Ouch.
Just a thought, is there some optimization parameter on the compiler to compile for smallest size? and also just to be sure it's not the compiler, when you compile the unaltered source code, does IT fit in SRAM just fine?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Too bad Quadforce is not getting any updates, I hope I'm wrong though, I hope he adds save feature to the Mario Kart Arcade ones too sometime!

Does anyone know a way to fix Crash bandicoot wrath of cortex? It has audio issues and I have the pal version.
I don't know which version of Dios Mios I have since I'm on the iPod but if there is a fix, please let me know.

This issue was not fixed yet, not sure when/if it will ever be fixed because it's hardware limitations!

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the Quadforce patch is added to the current DM and DML so we don't have to reload the wad every time we want to play the Arcade versions ..:)

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope the Quadforce patch is added to the current DM and DML so we don't have to reload the wad every time we want to play the Arcade versions .. :)
Look up AbdallahTerro's workaround using sneek. It allows you to load quadforce without re-installing the MIOS.

it doesnt really work.... as quadforce doesnt have AUDIO when doing this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: