PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
@tueidj
DM 2.0.4 for some reason it didnt seem to care for the disc in the drive at the point after that dios mios came in front and.
(had to uninstall DM and reinstall latest Wiigator MIOS to get that ability prior to DM2.0.5)

And it being .. offcourse ... well it being that obvious is not always the case thus still notewhorty in my book

@the_randomizer
Nope that will sadly not be the case I'm afraid.
You just dont need to do the uninstall reinstall process for disc channel GC to work again after a DM install.
Then depending on modchip ... you have or do not have audio streaming.

So considering that ... wonderfull update by crediar :)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@tueidj
DM 2.0.4 for some reason it didnt seem to care for the disc in the drive at the point after that dios mios came in front and.
(had to uninstall DM and reinstall latest Wiigator MIOS to get that ability prior to DM2.0.5)

And it being .. offcourse ... well it being that obvious is not always the case thus still notewhorty in my book

@the_randomizer
Nope that will sadly not be the case I'm afraid.
You just dont need to do the uninstall reinstall process for disc channel GC to work again after a DM install.
Then depending on modchip ... you have or do not have audio streaming.

So considering that ... wonderfull update by crediar :)

That's what I thought, I was confused on what Cyan said. What was changed in 2.0.5?

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's what I thought, I was confused on what Cyan said. What was changed in 2.0.5?

According to Google Code changelog:

(2012-07-08):

• Fixed a bug which broke retail disc loading
  • Fixed a bug which ignored if DML_CFG_PADHOOK was set or not (always patched PADHOOK in)
In short the DIOS MIOS check now also takes an actual disc in account ;)
In the past it would look for the SD / USB ... now depending on what you 'feed it' it will check either your setup from a loader (load gc from sd/usb) or if you run a game through disc channel it will load the disc ... or actually ... I think it just boots the disc like normal.

Hope that made sense ;)

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
It does read from the disc ... hence ... thats why audio streaming works.

Sadly I have also tried cases where I wanted to see what would happen if:
I play Crazy Taxi or any audio streaming game through HDD with the actual disc in the drive.

That does not change a thing.

Basically Dios Mios ... is a virtualization of the disc drive ...
Normally system looks for the disc in the drive and passes the arguments there hence the system can then translate using its normal routine.

With DM:
DM passes the instructions to look on the configured spot (HDD)

So in general ... the dump on disc and HDD are the same but Dios Mios lacks something to correctly pass / translate the streaming audio ( not sure how or what)

But this should be an easy way to explain it.

Offtopic:
@PsyBlade
Damn should have seen that wbfs2fat tool earlier ... it now took me some time to get all back on the HDD again.
Consider the tool stored now :P

kaulsuraj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fdant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you guys for your help i'll try all this and i post.

@LinkFan16 Thank you my friend i don't have an idea for this very slow loading times issue for the legend of zelda twilight princess.
Instead of DiscEx, did you try GCReEx? I notice that the GCReEx speed up (between 1-3 seconds) some load times on twilight princess.

Skraaj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Quick question about GCReEx - what does commands -x and -c do? I suspect -c stands for 'compress' but what about -x? I read something about 'faster loading' but I haven't found anything more.

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Regarding audio streaming:

From what I gather, update 5 of DIOS MIOS has merely brought back regular support for retail discs, which includes normal behavior when reading retail audio streaming games. A Wii with a modchip which properly supports audio streaming will play audio streaming games just like a retail disc. This does not mean that audio streaming is working through USB, at least not with DIOS MIOS.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding audio streaming:

From what I gather, update 5 of DIOS MIOS has merely brought back regular support for retail discs, which includes normal behavior when reading retail audio streaming games. A Wii with a modchip which properly supports audio streaming will play audio streaming games just like a retail disc. This does not mean that audio streaming is working through USB, at least not with DIOS MIOS.

This. Still don't see where the confusion started on this.

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so will there ever be some sort of ping/or watchdog to keep hdd's from goiing to sleep? or are all we owners of hdds without the option to disable sleep screwed?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so will there ever be some sort of ping/or watchdog to keep hdd's from goiing to sleep? or are all we owners of hdds without the option to disable sleep screwed?

I would think eventually that it will happen but no idea how important it is on the to do list.

it was the same thing that happened when playing wii games from usb came out. Waninkoko cios couldnt keep the hard drives awake either but eventually it was figured out and added into the cios at some point.

fdant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Quick question about GCReEx - what does commands -x and -c do? I suspect -c stands for 'compress' but what about -x? I read something about 'faster loading' but I haven't found anything more.

-x : extract .iso content to a gameID folder.
-c: compress the extracted folder to a .iso file

AngryGreek766

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I would think eventually that it will happen but no idea how important it is on the to do list.

it was the same thing that happened when playing wii games from usb came out. Waninkoko cios couldnt keep the hard drives awake either but eventually it was figured out and added into the cios at some point.
cool, as long as it happens sometime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1