Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G0dLiKe, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2011

Dios Mios Lite by G0dLiKe at 10:38 AM (702,267 Views / 18 Likes) 4,287 replies

1. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    If you guys ever get to the point of testing this on an actual Wii instead of sneek; I have bootmii/boot2 and willing to be a guinea pig. I can only do testing at night and I'm EST.

Thank you for everyone who is contributing to this project. Just one question, will the GB/GBA attachment be able to be emulated as well? I'm not sure of the function or process it involved; I just knew I used it.

2. G0dLiKe
    OP

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    will keep you in mind for testing purposes. About the gb/gba attachment, I´m not sure if this is emulated as well, will have a look on it.

3. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    I don't think we'll ever be able to emulate that attachment, because it actually needs a GBA console. AFAIK, the connection is working OK (their commands doesn't need to be modified, I guess, because they read/write data through the controller ports, which are always available).

I'll test the Chao Transfer with SA2B, in any case.

EDIT: and it works just perfectly fine...

4. tonyrayo

Member tonyrayo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Best of luck - work hard and the money will come (in form of donations and other means).

5. G0dLiKe
    OP

United States
    Thanks mate. If you want to donate to the project I´ll let you know how to do so.

6. T.Kuranari

Member T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Sorry if this already has been mentioned in this thread, but what people are working on this project?

7. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Taken from first post:

Devs on board in no particular order:
    obcd
    scooby74029
    OverjoY
    conanac
    emu_kidid

8. T.Kuranari

Japan
    Heh, whenever I access a thread I go to the last page even when it's the first time I visit a thread. That been said I guess I should check first posts of threads bit more often.

Frankly the number of devs involving in this project could be higher. Lets see what they got though [​IMG]

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I really hope to see the light of day with this. Unfortunately, with crediar out of the picture, I doubt much for improvement will come out of this. I hope I am wrong, but certainly crediar is a better programmer than everyone else signing up to take over this project, at least IMHO, and I'm not trying to disrespect anyone but instead just point out the obvious fact of it.

1 person likes this.
  10. j0shuakane

Newcomer j0shuakane Advanced Member

United States
    negativity like that seems like trolling. and underestimating people shows lack of experience.

11. G0dLiKe
    OP

United States
    I see your point deadly, crediar is top notch when it comes to wii coding but this belongs more to the gc side and with the devs working on this project things are looking good. And fyi, crediar said to me when there are problems, he will help us out.

Other than that, this will for sure take some time bc all devs working on this have other projects they are working on atm.
    Anyways, we rescued DM/DML i guess.

Thx for reading.

12. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    you know what they say, 2 heads are better than 1... unless that 1 head is crediar, lol

In all seriousness, I think the team that has been put together has lots of potential. It may take time, but as long as they don't give up, I don't doubt that they can find something to improve upon.

@ the DML team, crediar is so busy IRL that he's probably not going to be very active in the scene anymore if at all. However, he still replies to my emails on the odd occasion when I have a question for him. If you guys get stuck, I suggest you drop him an email and see if he can shed some light on your issue. He might take awhile to respond, or not find the time to respond at all, but surely there's no harm in asking [​IMG]

edit: I just read G0dLike's post, looks like you've already spoken to Crediar about helping u out if you get stuck; that's awesome!

13. G0dLiKe
    OP

United States
    I am 100% with xflak, the devs are well balanced here, it will take its time though. And I think that we will see some outcome soon enough [​IMG]

14. T.Kuranari

Japan
    Don't count emu_kidid out. Yes, he isn't very interested in the Wii, he barely has spare time and he certainly isn't active here, but with all due respect to crediar he probably knows a bit more than crediar about coding and especially gamecube stuff. Without a doubt emu_kidid is the key dev here [​IMG]

15. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Like I said, no offense to anyone, but crediar is a freaking coding god that no one can compete with or understand all of his coding (besides marcan and bushing).

For instance, when Hibernatus open sourced wiiflow, it was rather solid and I stuck with the official 1.1 for a long time because it was so solid. But now that other dev's have played around with it, it seems not to be as reliable or swift or smooth. Sure, there are improvements, but no one will ever fully understand the coding as the original dev.

16. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    i hope that one day this will work on normal wii nand instead of sneek as i still didn't get sneek to run(not enough time to test some stuff to get it working...)

17. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

use modmii (it is very simple)

18. crwys

Member crwys GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you don't have enough time to test stuff to get sneek working then how are you going to have enough time to play some games off of dml and dm?

19. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    from time to time i find time to play [​IMG] but about the modmii didn't help, it just doesn't load... i have a few things that might be the problem which xflax and godlike said to test, but still hadn't found time to do so...

20. ti.teg.tnod.I

Newcomer ti.teg.tnod.I Newbie

Canada
    I don't have sneek because I haven't bothered to look at how to set it up yet. I don't use ModMii because I can only find Windows versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.