Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G0dLiKe, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remfin

Remfin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2010
    United States
    This goes both ways, because there are a number of projects we've had "controversy" around that probably only exist due to GPL violations hindering development of the GPL-friendly developers who would be releasing a far-superior product if they weren't being hindered.

One example is the entire cIOS area...there are a number of devs who know how to do what Riivolution/RawkSD do, and I know many of them have actually made tools privately that do it, and unlike the Riiv/RawkSD developers they won't particularly care if their code makes pirates' lives easier...but none of them have actually released it. Could it be because they got sick of their GPL-licensed code (repeatedly) having its license violated and people in the community fighting against them and claiming they aren't "real developers" every time they try and get it fixed?

2. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    GPL GPL GPL .....

what about dml?

3. hellboy2010

hellboy2010 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    +1

if you guys want to fight about gpl, go an make your own post

4. G0dLiKe
    OP

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

Aug 2, 2009
    United States
    Development of DML will start(continue) soon, some things need to be set up first, todo list, git, and and and...

5. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    They are making their own posts. I think you mean for them to make their own thread. [​IMG]

6. nano351

nano351 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 6, 2009
    United States
    So, why not just make it open source now?

7. Nujui

Nujui I need something to do.

Aug 12, 2010
    United States
    Dreamland.
    If there was a GPL violation or rules violation in file trip or anywhere on the forums, just report it to a mod. No need to make such a big deal about it.

The illegal files are gone. Really now, let's stop fighting over this.

8. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Sep 12, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    my 2 cents, both parties could be more reasonable. It's important to respect and recognize GPL, but if there's a violation I think the issue is usually raised in a somewhat harsh manner. I think both sides need to make an effort to achieve a common goal; the distribution of open source gpl compliant code. The trick is to not alienate anyone in the process, that includes the dev in question as well as those reporting the GPL violation. Btw, I'm not claiming to be perfect here, I've made mistakes in the past too.

Back on topic, I spoke with crediar and confirmed Godlike did in fact purchase DM, DML and NMM. So if there was ever any doubt as to whether he actually has the source those concerns can be put to rest.

9. king666

king666 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 16, 2011
    Mexico
    More work and less Bla Bla Bla we urje that work God Mine Lite in Bootmi as ios as quickly as possible. [​IMG]

10. flowlapache

flowlapache Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2010
    France
    thanks so much to continue this really promising soft!!expected by so many!!
    be strong!! [​IMG]

11. jojones88

jojones88 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2008
    United States
    thank you so much for continuing to develop this everyone. it is much appreciated!

12. T.Kuranari

T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2011
    I don't really get the point of the aquiring of the original DM source since it has been released under the GPL license in the past and therefore it should already be in possession of many people, including myself. If people want it I can upload the latest revision checked out from the google code project page a few days before the site vanished, but again I doubt anyone can work with it due to its complexity and the MEM2/ARAM problem of the Wiis hardware.

13. Etheboss

Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Feb 24, 2009
    Netherlands
    Around somewhere
    I can think of at least 2 people who can.

14. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    I can name quite a few that if they gave a shit enough to try.

Marcan, bushing, giantpune.... i forget the rest since I got a few drinks in me.

15. T.Kuranari

Aug 30, 2011
    Right, marcan and bushing together with a warez backup loader in the same sentence is always a good combination.

No disrespect to giantpune, but if he could improve DM he would already have it done. I don't think any other person than crediar ever worked with DM, even after the public open source release.

Anyways, from what I understood it doesn't matter how good you are in coding if something is just not technically doable.

16. snikerz

snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 30, 2008
    Lesotho
    Remember Wiigator?

17. T.Kuranari

Aug 30, 2011
    You mean the person that was last seen on 30th August 2009 and then completly left the 'scene'?

18. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez GBAtemp Guru

Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Who says pune has not already? I personally don't think he has, but he does keep plenty of stuff to himself. But the fact is with pune, he only does things that are interesting to him. If it does not interest him hen he won't do it at all.

19. Wiimpathy

Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

Mar 3, 2010
    France
    Yes, the past is useless.
    Nevertheless, this struggle for source code, gpl bla bla related to hacking, "underground" is always funny. Can someone explain me this paradox ? You modify your machine, then it's no more legal in some countries, and then there's still some amateurs jurists/cops to claim legality.

There's no moral or anything when there's money (did you really pay thousand of dollars ?) . As a result, some real good coders ( Wiipower ?!!) are not in the party.
    Well, we'll see, wish good luck, patience etc ...

20. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Haha, good one. Sorry, i am not in the league of Crediar, bushing, Marcan, WiiGator, AerialX or emu_kidid.(and probably some others i just forgot right now)

When this project is released, i will take a look at it eventually, but other than the stuff i talked about in this thread, i doubt i would be of much help. And since it's arm code and most likely mixed or even exclusively ASM code, i could only tell others what to do and not do it myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.