Dios Mios Lite

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by G0dLiKe, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2011

Dios Mios Lite by G0dLiKe at 10:38 AM (702,258 Views / 18 Likes) 4,287 replies

1. Remfin

Newcomer Remfin Advanced Member

United States
    This goes both ways, because there are a number of projects we've had "controversy" around that probably only exist due to GPL violations hindering development of the GPL-friendly developers who would be releasing a far-superior product if they weren't being hindered.

One example is the entire cIOS area...there are a number of devs who know how to do what Riivolution/RawkSD do, and I know many of them have actually made tools privately that do it, and unlike the Riiv/RawkSD developers they won't particularly care if their code makes pirates' lives easier...but none of them have actually released it. Could it be because they got sick of their GPL-licensed code (repeatedly) having its license violated and people in the community fighting against them and claiming they aren't "real developers" every time they try and get it fixed?

2. zizer

Member zizer GBAtemp Addict

GPL GPL GPL .....

what about dml?

3. hellboy2010

Member hellboy2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    +1

if you guys want to fight about gpl, go an make your own post

4. G0dLiKe
    OP

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Development of DML will start(continue) soon, some things need to be set up first, todo list, git, and and and...

5. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    They are making their own posts. I think you mean for them to make their own thread. [​IMG]

6. nano351

Member nano351 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So, why not just make it open source now?

7. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    If there was a GPL violation or rules violation in file trip or anywhere on the forums, just report it to a mod. No need to make such a big deal about it.

The illegal files are gone. Really now, let's stop fighting over this.

8. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    my 2 cents, both parties could be more reasonable. It's important to respect and recognize GPL, but if there's a violation I think the issue is usually raised in a somewhat harsh manner. I think both sides need to make an effort to achieve a common goal; the distribution of open source gpl compliant code. The trick is to not alienate anyone in the process, that includes the dev in question as well as those reporting the GPL violation. Btw, I'm not claiming to be perfect here, I've made mistakes in the past too.

Back on topic, I spoke with crediar and confirmed Godlike did in fact purchase DM, DML and NMM. So if there was ever any doubt as to whether he actually has the source those concerns can be put to rest.

9. king666

Newcomer king666 Member

Mexico
    More work and less Bla Bla Bla we urje that work God Mine Lite in Bootmi as ios as quickly as possible. [​IMG]

10. flowlapache

Newcomer flowlapache Advanced Member

France
    thanks so much to continue this really promising soft!!expected by so many!!
    be strong!! [​IMG]

11. jojones88

Newcomer jojones88 Member

United States
    thank you so much for continuing to develop this everyone. it is much appreciated!

12. T.Kuranari

Member T.Kuranari GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I don't really get the point of the aquiring of the original DM source since it has been released under the GPL license in the past and therefore it should already be in possession of many people, including myself. If people want it I can upload the latest revision checked out from the google code project page a few days before the site vanished, but again I doubt anyone can work with it due to its complexity and the MEM2/ARAM problem of the Wiis hardware.

13. Etheboss

Member Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Netherlands
    I can think of at least 2 people who can.

14. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I can name quite a few that if they gave a shit enough to try.

Marcan, bushing, giantpune.... i forget the rest since I got a few drinks in me.

15. T.Kuranari

Japan
    Right, marcan and bushing together with a warez backup loader in the same sentence is always a good combination.

No disrespect to giantpune, but if he could improve DM he would already have it done. I don't think any other person than crediar ever worked with DM, even after the public open source release.

Anyways, from what I understood it doesn't matter how good you are in coding if something is just not technically doable.

16. snikerz

Member snikerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Liechtenstein
    Remember Wiigator?

17. T.Kuranari

Japan
    You mean the person that was last seen on 30th August 2009 and then completly left the 'scene'?

18. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Who says pune has not already? I personally don't think he has, but he does keep plenty of stuff to himself. But the fact is with pune, he only does things that are interesting to him. If it does not interest him hen he won't do it at all.

19. Wiimpathy

Member Wiimpathy GBAtemp Fan

France
    Yes, the past is useless.
    Nevertheless, this struggle for source code, gpl bla bla related to hacking, "underground" is always funny. Can someone explain me this paradox ? You modify your machine, then it's no more legal in some countries, and then there's still some amateurs jurists/cops to claim legality.

There's no moral or anything when there's money (did you really pay thousand of dollars ?) . As a result, some real good coders ( Wiipower ?!!) are not in the party.
    Well, we'll see, wish good luck, patience etc ...

20. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Haha, good one. Sorry, i am not in the league of Crediar, bushing, Marcan, WiiGator, AerialX or emu_kidid.(and probably some others i just forgot right now)

When this project is released, i will take a look at it eventually, but other than the stuff i talked about in this thread, i doubt i would be of much help. And since it's arm code and most likely mixed or even exclusively ASM code, i could only tell others what to do and not do it myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.