Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Shano56: I should of edited that post, as your's got deleted because of a certain member that won't stop going on about crediar. It's like I already said...
I hope this whole business about crediar has finally been put to bed, as no-one bloody cares... We are just all here to ask questions and help each other out at the end of the day.

Seriously, I'm no ass kisser... Lol I just honestly have respect for the guy and what he's done (not to mention every other developer, no matter how much of a difference they've made for the scene over the years).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to play the PAL Version of Luigi's Mansion on my NTSC wii. It is not working out too well. Tried forcing the video mode, I hear the person say Nintendo and my tv says No Signal. Using USBLoaderGX

I got a similar problem with Taz Wanted PAL, try messing with the video configurations of said game and it should work!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@[member='MegaMan X']: I would say convert your save so you could use it on a memory card. But, unfortunately... No one has done that as yet.

It can be done from memory card to sd, but not directly though which is a shame.

@[member='sonictopfan']: your welcome, but don't thank me... Thank Fix94 instead. :)

Edit: I said something similar to what you said in the early hours:
@[member='Sheimi']: try changing the video mode to "disc default" or "system default". Don't choose "Force PAL 480p", as that might be your problem (especailly, if you haven't got a component cable).

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
seems im a bit late to this party!

can someone suggest a good tutorial for how to get this running?

is it as simple as converting the iso, then loading from usb with GX?

how do i use the memory card emulator NMM?

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country

The first post has most of the info you need including links to tutorial threads.

You can find a how-to here.

You will also have the option to use NMM directly through your loader of choice. Whether it be WiiFlow, PostLoader, USB Loader GX, or a personal fave of mine for launching DML games is DM-Booter Edit: I missed CFG USB Loader mod as a loader. Also [member='AbdallahTerro'] has been kind enough to make direct launch channels and USBL-GX banners to launch your game of choice right through your System Menu with style. A tutorial and more info can be found here.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country

The first post has most of the info you need including links to tutorial threads.

You can find a how-to here.

You will also have the option to use NMM directly through your loader of choice. Whether it be WiiFlow, PostLoader, USB Loader GX, or a personal fave of mine for launching DML games is DM-Booter Edit: I missed CFG USB Loader mod as a loader. Also [member='AbdallahTerro'] has been kind enough to make direct launch channels and USBL-GX banners to launch your game of choice right through your System Menu with style. A tutorial and more info can be found here.

thankyou. so with the new DML wad thats all i need to use as far as DML goes?

also, can i rename the folders when they are in "games" on the sd card? its make it easier to know what game is inside each one!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes all you need to do is install the new DML WAD to your real NAND, if your using *neek though it's a bit different.
also, can i rename the folders when they are in "games" on the sd card? its make it easier to know what game is inside each one!
that's a good question I've never tried to rename the game folders. I think you can but I don't know if it's a loader specific benefit or not. Can anyone else chime in and let us know if folder names in SD:/Games can be changed and if so does the game have to be loaded through a particular loader? Thanks,

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes all you need to do is install the new DML WAD to your real NAND, if your using *neek though it's a bit different.
that's a good question I've never tried to rename the game folders. I think you can but I don't know if it's a loader specific benefit or not. Can anyone else chime in and let us know if folder names in SD:/Games can be changed and if so does the game have to be loaded through a particular loader? Thanks,

i can test it in a few hours when i finish work :)

so the SD card works best using 64k clusters?! what does that mean and how do i format that way? i know my card is FAT32 but iv never seen clusters mentioned anywhere....

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country

so the SD card works best using 64k clusters?! what does that mean and how do i format that way? i know my card is FAT32 but iv never seen clusters mentioned anywhere....
Several ways to format the card, you can even use windows format options, I personally use Easeuse Partition Master or Panasonic SD Formatter (Sorry no link at the moment, but google it ;)). However IIRC your SD card but be at least 8GB in order to format to FAT32 64K clusters, if it's smaller then just format it to FAT 64K clusters instead. I highly recommend using 64K clusters, it's easy to do, just make sure to follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial I linked to. FIX94 is the man.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country

Several ways to format the card, you can even use windows format options, I personally use Easeuse Partition Master or Panasonic SD Formatter (Sorry no link at the moment, but google it ;)). However IIRC your SD card but be at least 8GB in order to format to FAT32 64K clusters, if it's smaller then just format it to FAT 64K clusters instead. I highly recommend using 64K clusters, it's easy to do, just make sure to follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial I linked to. FIX94 is the man.

iv got the panasonic one but dont see an option for 64k clusters....

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what size? if its smaller than 4gb than its impossible

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country

its 8gb and i'll prob buy 32gb if i can get it working...

with dml booter i get "fatal error apploader size is zero!" when i try paper mario and luigis mansion....​

and neogamma doesnt even list any games, just says "no games found"​
:(

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

its 8gb and i'll prob buy 32gb if i can get it working...

with dml booter i get "fatal error apploader size is zero!" when i try paper mario and luigis mansion....​

and neogamma doesnt even list any games, just says "no games found"​
:(

you will have to use diskpart or a 3rd party tool if you cant see it on the windows gui formatter

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='mrpinkeye'] my apologies as Panasonic SD Formatter does not allow you to change cluster size. You can however use this program which will allow you to edit your cluster size, just make sure you choose to format the SD card and not any other external drive lol. You can also use Easuse Partition Master as well.

ThePreserver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone else chime in and let us know if folder names in SD:/Games can be changed and if so does the game have to be loaded through a particular loader? Thanks,
I can confirm that USB Loader GX 3.0 plays well with DML 1.5 with the folders renamed. After using DiscEx, I put the GAMEID in brackets to mimic Wii Backup Loader, and add the game title in front to prevent confusion.
ex: Luigi's Mansion [GLME01]. Also, with DML 1.5, you only need the game.iso in that folder as boot.bin was removed from the code.

Reactions: 1 person

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that USB Loader GX 3.0 plays well with DML 1.5 with the folders renamed. After using DiscEx, I put the GAMEID in brackets to mimic Wii Backup Loader, and add the game title in front to prevent confusion.
ex: Luigi's Mansion [GLME01]. Also, with DML 1.5, you only need the game.iso in that folder as boot.bin was removed from the code.
Do games in the GCReEx format still work with DML 1.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte