Hacking Dios Mios Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi, I'm using DML 1.5 with the latest usb loader gx, a 2gb sd card and the loading times inside the game are way to slow.
In Wind Waker I have to wait almost an entire minute for every room, f-zero is unplayable, the game works great, but every menu takes about two minutes to load.
Only game I found to work without loading problems is Luigi's Mansion.
Anyone knows how to solve that?
Is your SD card formatted as FAT with 64 clusters? That's how I have my 2GB SD card and the load times are as fast as disc loading would be.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok can someone please help me? I have spent hours trying to get this to work and it just will not boot the game. It always gets stuck on gcloader at "loading main.dol". I have looked everywhere for a solution but I can't find any. PLEASE tell me whats going on here?

Most likely you're using a incompatible SD card, try another brand, preferably SanDisk, if it works then it's definitely your SD brand, don't worry the SD isn't bad or corrupted, it's just DML 1.0+ don't detect certain types of SD cards, you can always downgrade to DML r58/r59 those work with all SD cards just fine!

@[member='ddetkowski'] It's nice to see you back to DML :)

@[member='clarky'] Dude I dig your avatar ;)
Thanks, but I finally got it to work. It seems that the game just wouldn't play when I shrunk it (Animal Crossing). Once I put the uncompressed iso into the sd card, it played fine. It should have been able to run fine when compressed so I'm not sure what happened there.

Uh I see... So it's one of the games that require to not be compressed too such as Virtua Stricker 2002, I wouldn't have known as I don't have Animal Crossing, anyway glad you got it working!

Hi, I'm using DML 1.5 with the latest usb loader gx, a 2gb sd card and the loading times inside the game are way to slow.
In Wind Waker I have to wait almost an entire minute for every room, f-zero is unplayable, the game works great, but every menu takes about two minutes to load.
Only game I found to work without loading problems is Luigi's Mansion.
Anyone knows how to solve that?

Uh been there my friend, you have no idea how I suffered, you have to format it as Fat32 with either 32KB or 64KB "preferably the later" otherwise it'll run like a snail and freeze a lot, this isn't optional like playing Wiiware or emulators, it's obligatory in DML!

xshade

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Ok, thanks, will try that today.

Edit: Did that, works great, Thanks!
btw, I couldn't format it to 64kb in fat32, but in old fat I did got that option and it worked.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I just noticed that on v1.5 the reset and power down shortcuts don't work any more. I'm reverting back to v1.4b for now. The power button now resets back to the system menu now, though instead of freezing the console (I don't remember last time I actually tried pushing the button was, though.)

Did I miss something?

P.S. if it's important to know, the game I tested on was Wind Waker Pal forced to NTSC and all the other options turned off (although still working fine without a disk in the drive. I definitely like v1.x for that.).

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dios mios is out btw..
SOOOO nice.
I don't see why there needed to be one but someone started an "official" thread for it here
http://gbatemp.net/t...dios-mios-lite/

yea, i thought about starting a new thread for a half a second... i figured others already had

That is the official thread lol :P

not FST aka gcreex -x
You must be doing something wrong because most of my games were extracted that way and GX sees them all just fine. It was implemented a few betas ago.

Heh just realized I was trying it on 3.0 official, probably why :P

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know its a bit soon to ask but could the optional "wide screen hack" implemented?

Some look really great with it.

examples:
widescreenhack2.png

27zdk4p.jpg

147m1s.jpg

201205181653-DSC01189.JPG

201205181653-DSC01190.JPG

PokemonXD_force_prog.png

PokemonXD_force_prog_16x9.png

LuigisMansionPAL_force_prog.png

LuigisMansionPAL_force_prog_16x9.png

https://www.youtube....n--hm9mnNA&hd=1

sources:
http://www.gc-foreve...c.php?f=3&t=942
http://gbatemp.net/t...es/page__st__15
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

sorry wrong thread I would appreciate it, if someone could move/remove this post to the new DiosMios Thread, please.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Can anybody give some more specific info on how to install the speed test please?
this is the instalation guide.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/318585-how-to-createuse-dios-mios-lite/
you would follow the same procedure.
Kinda curious why you would want to install the speed test, though, It was basically just a really old version used to show how fast different brands and models of SD cards were on different formatting types.
Anyway, this thread was actually declared old and outdated a couple of days ago. The new one is here.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/329342-dios-mios-lite/
Just FYI.
and if you're just looking for a newer, faster version, there's always these for loading from SD and USB respectively. They opened new GoogleCode pages for each.

pigrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi, I have problem when loading Fire Emblem: path of radiance with dml.
My wii is a 3.2u Korean version. Installed dml 1.4, and cfg usbloader 70 mod 32. I have GC memory card and joystick connected to the wii, and a wii game disc in the tray. The tool I used to extract GC iso is GCReEx (I should used it for dml 1.4, right?). The SD card was formatted with FAT32 and I have copied the extracted files to sd:\games\ directory.
I have the game in cfg usbloader, and after pressing "start", the GC loader 0.4 screen pops up, several lines of console output, and the last line I can read is "loading mail.dol [***********]", then it just go to a black screen and I have to close wii.
The image I used was PAL version. I guessed black screen may caused by video mode, so I tried to modify video settings to "force pal", "force pal 60" and "force pal 480p" in cfg usbloader, but none worked
I have tried to used NTSC-USA and NTSC-J version images with default, "force ntsc" and "force ntsc 49-p", but still black screen.
I have tried to turn nodisc on and off, still no use.

Any idea what might be the problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance
Hi, Any idea on this

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Maxternal. I wanted to use the speed test to see exactly how fast my 2gb Kingston SD card is. When formatted to FAT16 with 64k clusters, it performs suprisingly well on quadforce. Yes, I know about the newly released DiosMios 2.0, which I'll try with my HDD when I can! :-)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
My wii is a 3.2u Korean version. Installed dml 1.4, and cfg usbloader 70 mod 32. I have GC memory card and joystick connected to the wii, and a wii game disc in the tray. The tool I used to extract GC iso is GCReEx (I should used it for dml 1.4, right?). The SD card was formatted with FAT32 and I have copied the extracted files to sd:\games\ directory.
I have the game in cfg usbloader, and after pressing "start", the GC loader 0.4 screen pops up, several lines of console output, and the last line I can read is "loading mail.dol [***********]", then it just go to a black screen and I have to close wii.
The image I used was PAL version. I guessed black screen may caused by video mode, so I tried to modify video settings to "force pal", "force pal 60" and "force pal 480p" in cfg usbloader, but none worked
I have tried to used NTSC-USA and NTSC-J version images with default, "force ntsc" and "force ntsc 49-p", but still black screen.

Hi, Any idea on this
If on some of the "force pal", "force pal 60", "force NTSC" options you can still hear the game audio it could still be the VIDEO mode but forcing PAL on a PAL game should at LEAST show the game in clack and white if your TV's not compatible with PAL (in which case the GC Loader splash screen would be in black and white, too).

try turning off all options like NMM or NoDisk and if all else fails, go as at the NEW official DM(L) thread here.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/329342-dios-mios-lite/
Maybe someone there would have an idea.

pigrush

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Hi, Any idea on this
If on some of the "force pal", "force pal 60", "force NTSC" options you can still hear the game audio it could still be the VIDEO mode but forcing PAL on a PAL game should at LEAST show the game in clack and white if your TV's not compatible with PAL (in which case the GC Loader splash screen would be in black and white, too).

try turning off all options like NMM or NoDisk and if all else fails, go as at the NEW official DM(L) thread here.
http://gbatemp.net/t...dios-mios-lite/
Maybe someone there would have an idea.
Thanks. I do not hear game audio when in black screen so I assume it is not a video mode problem? Then there might be something wrong with the software I have installed? Has it anything to do with my Korean version wii because I have seen some post saying that Korean version lacks certain IOSs....

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Thanks. I do not hear game audio when in black screen so I assume it is not a video mode problem? Then there might be something wrong with the software I have installed? Has it anything to do with my Korean version wii because I have seen some post saying that Korean version lacks certain IOSs....
Once it gets to the splash screen, there's only the MIOS running (in this case DM(L) is the MIOS) so it wouldn't have anything to do with your IOS as long as it at least gets to that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1