Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, now the installer is almost usable for noobs:
http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-lite-source-project/downloads/detail?name=DML%20Installer%201.1%20WiiPower.zip&can=2&q=

It requires the 0000000c.app from MIOS now, because it has FixELF integrated. The HBC icon is from JoostinOnline, thanks mate.

Reactions: 2 people

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
To Dev team:
Is it possible now after improving compatibility to make a fix for disc insetion to make DML completely disc free?
No, will not happen. First for software/hardware reasons and second you should own at least one original retail game lol.
It works with any disc (even blank DVD) so why not?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Wiipower: Ooh...sounds nice. :)

*tries*

Hmm...unfortunately, it just gives an error: "ISFS_Delete returned -102".

I used the DML.elf from fldc's post here (renamed to DML.elf), 0000000c.app from NUS (CRC32: F9B2461E; MD5: 42634040D7CBB53057C577EC4C3C63F8) and the rest from the zip. I have cIOS236 and DML42 at the moment.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To Dev team:
Is it possible now after improving compatibility to make a fix for disc insetion to make DML completely disc free?
No, will not happen. First for software/hardware reasons and second you should own at least one original retail game lol.
It's mostly a limitation of the Wii's GC mode - having a disc inserted is equivalent to having the lid shut on an actual GC. But I'm pretty sure crediar said he was working on removing that need.

From one of the spoilers on the first post, which was copied from a topic by sk0ld speaking on behalf of crediar:

There are still some things that are planned to be improved upon:
-No-Disc
-NMM support
-Two disc support
-Fix non-working games
If you would like to see a bug fixed, it'd be a great idea to append a note of said bug to any donations made, as this is more likely to be prioritized.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Wiipower: Ooh...sounds nice. :)

*tries*

I used the DML.elf from fldc's post here (renamed to DML.elf), 0000000c.app from NUS (CRC32: F9B2461E; MD5: 42634040D7CBB53057C577EC4C3C63F8) and the rest from the zip. I have cIOS236 and DML42 at the moment.

Ok, not sure what could cause this. What kind of IOS236 do you have installed? And what's is your current "MIOS"?

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone said, fantastic to see the compatibility chart becoming greener and greener =D.

But I have a question.

My two favourite games on my Gamecube are Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures.
I see that apparently these still have issues with "audio streaming". Is there a chance for future revisions to fix this?

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone said, fantastic to see the compatibility chart becoming greener and greener =D.

But I have a question.

My two favourite games on my Gamecube are Eternal Darkness and Star Fox Adventures.
I see that apparently these still have issues with "audio streaming". Is there a chance for future revisions to fix this?

audio streaming will probably never be fixed.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@[member='WiiPower']: Ooh...sounds nice. :)

*tries*

Ok, not sure what could cause this. What kind of IOS236 do you have installed? And what's is your current "MIOS"?
I didn't know there was more than 1 "IOS36" (it's just trucha patched 36, right?). Either way...from a partial syscheck:

IOS236 (rev1): Trucha bug, ES Identify
MIOS v10.
(I can use that MIOS for swiss as well, which probably says a lot more than the version :P ).

@[member='siliconmessiah']: the streaming audio thing is a very known and most likely never to be fixed bug (heck: even WODE cannot (or would not) get around it). Chances are slim to none. It doesn't make those games unplayable, though.

...and I don't exactly like the charts becoming "greener and greener"...they now contain far less details. 007 nightfire, for example, doesn't "blackscreen" right away. It'll get you to the title screen. It just crashes after that.
Oh, and check those crosses in the "shrunk" field as well. Kirby air ride and metroid prime won't work properly in shrunk modus (the others probably as well, but I haven't tested those myself).
I'm not so sure about the streaming audio games either. I know wave race is supposedly on that list, but your engine is usually so loud you'd barely hear music anyhow. Tony Hawk 3 and 4 and monkey ball 2 are far more "silent" when playing, yet for some reason they aren't added anymore (I certainly made a remark about that).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To Dev team:
It's mostly a limitation of the Wii's GC mode - having a disc inserted is equivalent to having the lid shut on an actual GC. But I'm pretty sure crediar said he was working on removing that need.

Actually, emu_kidid already accomplished that with his Swiss since revision 93 http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10192#p10192

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='siliconmessiah']: the streaming audio thing is a very known and most likely never to be fixed bug (heck: even WODE cannot (or would not) get around it). Chances are slim to none. It doesn't make those games unplayable, though.

...and I don't exactly like the charts becoming "greener and greener"...they now contain far less details. 007 nightfire, for example, doesn't "blackscreen" right away. It'll get you to the title screen. It just crashes after that.
Oh, and check those crosses in the "shrunk" field as well. Kirby air ride and metroid prime won't work properly in shrunk modus (the others probably as well, but I haven't tested those myself).
I'm not so sure about the streaming audio games either. I know wave race is supposedly on that list, but your engine is usually so loud you'd barely hear music anyhow. Tony Hawk 3 and 4 and monkey ball 2 are far more "silent" when playing, yet for some reason they aren't added anymore (I certainly made a remark about that).

What does the "audio stream" problem do anyway, for example in Eternal Darkness and Star Fox A?

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

What does the "audio stream" problem do anyway, for example in Eternal Darkness and Star Fox A?
I'm not very familiar with the technical details. Obviously, it is audio that is streamed from the disc directly to the speakers. But why it cannot be altered to be streamed from the iso, I cannot say anymore. It has to do with the hacking process itself, but further...well...that's the thing with technical things: if you don't already know much in advance, actually grasping it is pretty hard (or remembering it correctly).

What I can tell you is that those games do have most (or even all) sound effects. On games like Tony Hawk, it's not exactly a miss either, as you can always put up a radio in the background.

@carrelho: same for you: do you really want to know what it's about, or are you just asking leading questions to stress your demand to get it fixed?

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not very familiar with the technical details. Obviously, it is audio that is streamed from the disc directly to the speakers. But why it cannot be altered to be streamed from the iso, I cannot say anymore. It has to do with the hacking process itself, but further...well...that's the thing with technical things: if you don't already know much in advance, actually grasping it is pretty hard (or remembering it correctly).

What I can tell you is that those games do have most (or even all) sound effects. On games like Tony Hawk, it's not exactly a miss either, as you can always put up a radio in the background.

@[member='carrelho']: same for you: do you really want to know what it's about, or are you just asking leading questions to stress your demand to get it fixed?

Well for the games I mentioned (ED and SFA), the background music is a quite big part, hence my disappointment.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah, yeah...such a pity. I feel your pain, man.

*goes off and plays his copy of Star fox adventures he found in a used bin for less than 10 bucks*

carrelho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

@carrelho: same for you: do you really want to know what it's about, or are you just asking leading questions to stress your demand to get it fixed?

if I asked is because I want to know, if I were to demand anything I would have asked for that. ;)

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List

What does r42_mega mean? Since it make both pokémon games work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
http://wiki.gbatemp....patibility_List

What does r42_mega mean? Since it make both pokémon games work.

It means that megazig is starting to annoy me. Or did he release his mod that makes those games work? If you look at the change log, you will see that the IP that added those lines with r42_mega is the one megazig in the irc channel has. (if somebody wondered how i knew it was him)

Writing his own mod, telling people about it and not releasing it for whatever reasons, that's not nice(in my eyes), but 100% acceptable. Changing the official compatiblity list with additional lines about DML mods, that's fine, well actually i think it's great. But doing this for personal mods that are not going to be released("look what i got and you do not"), that's not nice.

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 91° F that