Dios Mios help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by orgazmo1009, Aug 27, 2013.

1. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Wii version 4.3 softmodded. USB loader gx runs great, wii backups work. GC backups show up in my menu on usbloader gx.
    I installed Dios Mios 2.10 wad through MMM under 236. Installed fine.

My hard drive is formatted to Fat32 in 32k clusters. I ripped one of my GC games right to it and also did it through the DMtool.exe file where it makes a Folder with the game in it. That one shuts the wii off when launched through USB loader and the one i ripped straight to the drive the screen just stays black.

Any idea what i might have done wrong?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    It could be something as simple as not having a retail disc in the disc drive (or not having NoDisc enabled).

3. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    I reinstalled everything and now its saying to run games on Dios Mios you need to set your "Main Gamecube Path" on the first partition of the hard drive. I go into loader settings for the path and i have usb2 and sd thats it. no usb1

4. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    i still have the disc i ripped in the wii. oh wait..no i dont. ill give that a shot.

5. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Still nothing. Its saying the same thing. My path isnt set to the right partition on the hard drive. my only option is usb2:/ and sd:/
    but the game shows up for me to run it.

6. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    well i tried on a littl 2gig microsd card i had laying around. formatted to fat32 with 16k clusters (thats the highest i could go) i put my luigis mansion on it and it loaded. So must be something with the way my hard drive is partitioned or something. i have my wii games in a larger 380gb partition and my GAMECUBE in a smaller 90gb partition. I guess it cant read both or something. I have multiple partitions turned on too.

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Lacius : the noDisc option is not used anymore. DIOS MIOS enabled it if there's a disc in the drive, user setting is ignored. and noDisc+ is auto-enabled by DIOS MIOS if needed.

Orgazmo : If the loader tells you that you need to put the gamecubes in the first partition of the drive but doesn't let you select usb1:, it's because you have another partition before the FAT32 partition (maybe WBFS?).
    You need to repartition your drive to put the FAT32 partition at the beginning of the drive.

If your first partition is WBFS, you can convert it to FAT32 without loosing games. All USBLoaders are working with FAT32 now, you don't need WBFS anymore.
    (If you wanted a big WBFS partition, you should have put it after the FAT32, for better homebrew compatibility).

8. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Thanks. I ended up extracting all of my isos on another drive over night. I got rid of the second partition and reformatted to fat32 with 32k clusters. now i cant get anything to transfer back to the drive. Im going to try wii backup manager and see if that works.

9. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Okay so i put animal crossing into the wbfs folder with wii backup manager. works perfect. i put my luigis mansion folder GLME01 that i made from the dmtool.exe into the games folder. Went into usb loader and changed my paths accordingly. Animal crossing works but i do luigis mansion it asks me if i want to copy it to the sd. says it needs to play off the sd. Am i missing a setting that needs to be changed?

10. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    turns out my drive had a a very small partition that i didnt notice.

Now i ripped pikmin 2 original copy to my drive and it starts to load but just sits at the Dios Mios screen with the large GC symbol. Im almost there, i can feel it!!

11. Acidflare

Acidflare HomeBrew Beta Tester

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    I am assuming you are using the most update Beta version of usbloaderGX which is R1217 with Dios-Mios 2.10.
    if you can back up all your games gc and wii and all other important data that you want to save download and install easus partition master home edition erase all partitions on your drive

then make a fat 32 partition out of the whole drive, if you don't have any pc data going on the drive that excedes 4GB in size. Wii games that are bigger then 4GB can be split using WiiBackupManager as long as "Ignore Storage Convention for transfers to WBFS file" is unchecked. and if your USB Loaders settings are correct. for the games over 4GB you'll get a 3.99 GB WBFS files and the rest of the data will be stored in a WBF1 file.

after the partition is made right-click the partition and click format use this window to format the partition to 32KB Cluster size.
    Right-Click the partition again and click make primary.(Easus Partition Master will always set a partition to active so there is no need to worry about setting the partition to active as well, It was already done when you created the parition.)
    Click the Apply Button in the top left corner of the main program window.This may take a few minutes depending on your computer speed and hard drive size.
    Do a test run on the partition open the drive in windows explorer right-click anywhere and create a new blank text file with the stroke of the space bar, save the file, close out notepad. Right-click the text file click properties if the file is 32KB you followed all of the steps correctly so far.

Now if you don't have discex v0.9 then download it from the dios-mios webpage copy and paste the .dll files and discex.exe to the C:/Windows/System32 folder do not overwrite any existing .dll files contained in your system32 folder ever. Having discex in your system32 folder will allow you to run cmd.exe and just type discex -a,c,v "Location of iso" to run the discex software. Or you can place discex.exe and the 2 .dll files in the games folder.
    download my automatic batch software that I made and haven't uploaded posted till now http://www.mediafire.com/download/3lc8nor6ggdvg8u/AutoDiscEx_Batch.zip
    Extract this zip file and place it in the games folder of your hard drive and drag n' drop your gc iso on to the appropriate batch file -c ford compress -a for auto-alignment of 32kb cluster size and no argument batch file for 1:1 copies. Having my batch files in the games folder will allow you to not take up your computers hard drive space so it's just drag and drop, wait, eject hard drive and play game.

If you have any problems after doing all of this then try a different hard drive, laptop 2.5 Inch hard drives work most of the time

12. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Thanks. pretty straight forward. Gonne plug the drive in now and see what happens.

13. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Luigis mansion is there. i click it ten hit play and it says its on a usb. would you like to copy to sd..uh no! i wouldnt!

Edit* remember i was using a forwarder. launched through HB channel and it worked.

14. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    You sir are amazing!!!! Luigis mansion is working now!!
    So do i always have to use iso files or can i rip my original discs in usb loader like i did with my wii discs?

15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    yes you can rip them directly from the loader.
    It will be in ISO 1:1 (RAW, untouched) format.
    If you want to compress them (remove unused data) there's a setting in Settings>HDD Settings>GC compressed, but you should use RAW first to be sure the game works fine (compressing can create problem).
    You don't need to touch the "align" settings, it's only if you use something else than 32k/cluster device.

You can even rip dual disc games, both ISO will go into the same folder with correct name.

16. orgazmo1009
    OP

orgazmo1009 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    Awesome thank you so much. Uncompressed is fine with me. I have plenty of room and only own 20 or so GC games.

17. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    yes cyan is correct about compression with gc games some games work with it some games don't just like how some games will appear in a gcos multi-game disc but don't play where others will play just fine.

18. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    also if you like using my batch files you can create shortcuts on your desktop of the batch files located in the games folder of your hard drive and move them to the C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\SendTo folder and if you did copy over discex and it's associated .dll files to your system32 folder then you'll be able to right click any gc iso and click Send To>AutoDiscEx.bat and it will automatically start transferring the iso to your hard drive.

See I liked the whole idea of dmtoolbox.exe but the games never worked for me and I could never figure out what skip xNeek files did so I made my auto batch file setup for discex so it acts the same way as dmtb but the games actually work, with the added ability to add the software to the windows right-click menu it becomes even better and due to the fact that nobody ever usually has the same drive letter for their working directory I made the batch file use the folder that the files are stored in as the working directory. For Example if the batch files are located on your desktop the game folder will be processed to your desktop folder, also if you want to remove the initial press any key to continue delete the line "pause" after the disclaimer I wrote just make sure it's like this
    @ echo off
    cd /d %~dp0
    echo "Disclaimer"

Discex %1
    pause

So you've deleted "pause" but not the line itself remember to remove the space between @ and echo in the first line so you don't see cd /d %~dp0 in the command prompt box
    you may edit the files to your needs but if you wish to reupload an edited version please keep the disclaimer or have one similar.

19. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    skip xNeek files doesn't extract the /sys/ folder
    if you use DiscEx without /sys/ folder it's maybe why games didn't work, as Extracted format require all files and folders.

20. Acidflare

Aug 16, 2013
    Canada
    Nether World
    well I don't delete the /sys/ folders that get extracted with discex and my games never worked with dmtb ever, So I have no clue