Hacking Dios Mios help, after install

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
Hey guy, i was wondering, is there a way i can play my normal gamecube games like twilight princess and metroid prime with dios mios installed?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can play retail Gamecube disc with DIOS MIOS installed, and even use some DM settings if launch from a loader instead of the Wii's Disc channel. (video mode, language, debug, etc.)
The only issue you can have is that you need an USB drive connected, because DIOS MIOS starts by initializing the USB drive before checking the inserted disc, if there's no FAT32 USB detected your disc won't launch.

If you prefer, or if you have difficulties with USB init, you can install DIOS MIOS Lite instead. It will then check the SD card instead of USB at launch.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
OP
Trophies
XP
yes, you can play retail Gamecube disc with DIOS MIOS installed, and even use some DM settings if launch from a loader instead of the Wii's Disc channel. (video mode, language, debug, etc.)
The only issue you can have is that you need an USB drive connected, because DIOS MIOS starts by initializing the USB drive before checking the inserted disc, if there's no FAT32 USB detected your disc won't launch.

If you prefer, or if you have difficulties with USB init, you can install DIOS MIOS Lite instead. It will then check the SD card instead of USB at launch.
Okay i have it setup where i can play usb games no problems, heres my problem, some games wont work from a retail disc like twilight princess and metroid prime, how can i fix this

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I didn't know some games didn't work from retail disc.
I don't know how to fix this. maybe try another DIOS MIOS version, or reinstall the official MIOS v10 for these games.
OR, you can rip the disc to ISO and play from ISO instead of disc and it will work with DIOS MIOS.

GrayFox786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am correct, I believe once you install a DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite wad, you can no longer play the retail discs.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You are not correct.
DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite can still play retail discs.
You can launch them with two methods:
- From a game loader (Wiiflow, USBGX, CFG, etc.)
- From the Disc channel on Wii menu.

Only restriction (and probably why users think it doesn't work):
If you have DIOS MIOS, you need a compatible/mountable FAT32 USB device connected.
If you have DIOS MIOS Lite, you need an SD card inserted (I didn't test, but I suppose it's how it works).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY