Hacking DIOS MIOS! GC ISO Loader proof of concept (Starfox Assault)

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 149,600
  • Replies 682
Status
Not open for further replies.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can agree on some points from the razor dude.

But just some addons, isnt it quiet insecure for you to post on a public forum? (yes I know about Proxies etc.)

Second, I will only donate because of his time for all the stuff he done for the wii community. Preloader, sneek, bannerbomb and smashstack for example.

Skarface05

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't believe the attitude of some of you in this thread. Crediar has provided a lot of tools to help you all enjoy your Wii that little bit more. For anyone who thinks this was about profit, I would beg to differ.

Programmers spend a lot of time and effort making these tools for you to enjoy and as such, it's not a free ride. I don't think it's to much to ask for people to donate to help towards making something which was deemed impossible, but is now a reality.

It will be a nice touch if it is released to the general public, but if not - It's still a GREAT ACHIEVEMENT!

rich333

Trophies
XP
Country
it is a little odd to release a proof of concept after donations have closed. surley this video would have encourged quite a few more people to donate...

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linuxares said:
Second, I will only donate because of his time for all the stuff he done for the wii community. Preloader, sneek, bannerbomb and smashstack for example.
Lucky crediar, gets donations for stuff he didn't make.
yay.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
tueidj said:
linuxares said:
Lucky crediar, gets donations for stuff he didn't make.
yay.gif

Ups, some of them wasnt his, my bad
blush.gif

scorpio1377

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again lol i have no problem donating for stuff he has ALREADY made cause i have. But to donated for stuff that isnt even made or proven. especially from people on the net isnt something i do and isnt somthing many people do cause it just isnt smart... Also donations is something you give as gratitude by demanding donation or your not going to release something isnt really donating, the meaning of donation is now lost and that is what you call selling a product.

again people need to read reply cause they just glancing over and assuming people are saying he doesnt deserve donation. if you read well, most people agree that Crediar should get donation for the work he done, but how he going about it in this latest project is wrong.

DiEgOgbatemp

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the most anticipated homebrew application for me.
It would be nice to be launched as soon as possible but it is normal that he doesn't want to publish.
Anyway donations may reopen.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can we PLEASE stop about the donations and stuff?
For what we've heard, it might just all be a rumor. Also, bitching and whining about it won't get this thread any further. He gets the point, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Now, has anyone even got a simple catch about the technical aspects of this POC? I'm really dying to find out. According to its tweets, a simple solder solution is needed for the streaming audio to work, still I'm not sure.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darkmystery said:
Can we PLEASE stop about the donations and stuff?
For what we've heard, it might just all be a rumor. Also, bitching and whining about it won't get this thread any further. He gets the point, and he can do whatever he wants with it.

Now, has anyone even got a simple catch about the technical aspects of this POC? I'm really dying to find out. According to its tweets, a simple solder solution is needed for the streaming audio to work, still I'm not sure.
any further? Where is this thread heading?

resincake

Trophies
XP
Country
scorpio1377 said:
again lol i have no problem donating for stuff he has ALREADY made cause i have. But to donated for stuff that isnt even made or proven. especially from people on the net isnt something i do and isnt somthing many people do cause it just isnt smart... Also donations is something you give as gratitude by demanding donation or your not going to release something isnt really donating, the meaning of donation is now lost and that is what you call selling a product.

again people need to read reply cause they just glancing over and assuming people are saying he doesnt deserve donation. if you read well, most people agree that Crediar should get donation for the work he done, but how he going about it in this latest project is wrong.

+1
This mirrors my thoughts on the subject entirely.

Sayargh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scorpio1377 said:
Ah, so donating to cancer research is like, purchasing a cure now is it? lol.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Sayargh, cancer research is something that can only progress with a large budget - DIOS MIOS's total cost would be that of (tops) three Wii consoles, a computer, some debugging hardware, and a months wages of a programmer, for Crediar to live off of (quite easily, too I'd wager).

Anyway, on to the subject of DIOS MIOS again, I hope that it's difficult enough to setup (like SNEEK) that all the kids who believe they're owed any game they want because their parents won't buy 'em for them won't bother with it. A little bit more information on the how would be nice too - I want to know if it's patching the dol on the fly, if it's running in a modified gamecube mode, etc. Even though I don't have any programming knowledge and would thus be unable to use the information, I still just want to know
ohnoes.png

hersuri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Sayargh said:
scorpio1377 said:
Ah, so donating to cancer research is like, purchasing a cure now is it? lol.

Don't even begin with that comparison, it's utterly ridiculous. Researching disease and illness calls for altruism, developing a luxury of software that allows people to launch "backups" with no copy protection does not. It's also a lot easier to feel confident in donating to an accredited and verified charity or institution achieving real milestones as opposed to Internet Guy and his YouTube videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1