Dingoo A320

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
none of the 17 dingoos i've ordered and used had screen protectors on them. not sure what you are talking about.
The one I bought in Nov 09' has a screen protector, I'm not sure the latest batch does however.

reimu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tintedglass.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Dingoo fits almost perfectly in any DSLite case... at least mine does. Mine is still in good condition, no problems in 6 months. Oh and it CAN accept up to 16gb of external memory (mine works fine) just be careful how fast the card is (over class 2)
wink.gif
. For better emulation, take everyone's advice and install Dingux.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
reimu said:
Oh and it CAN accept up to 16gb of external memory (mine works fine) just be careful how fast the card is (over class 2)
wink.gif

thats interesting because the word from dingoo digital is that the the mini-sd slot can only be expanded up to 8gb. you have a 16gb card in there and working?

-another world

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a questions:
GP2X Wiz or Dingo? Maybe just wait for Pandora?
Can you update the Dingo system? I mean, it looks ugly and has some misspellings.
Can someone post a video of fully loaded Dingo with homebrew and all its possibilities?

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
The one I got from ShopTemp did come with the screen protector already on. It has the Dingoo Digital seal on the back and the pawprint and no 'hk' in the serial number. However, it performs exactly like the 'hk' units including requiring that I use the 'hk' hacked flashing tool and the 'hk' modified software. Build quality is good, and functionality (using the community-supplied software) is good.

There are custom firmwares available that have corrected the spelling mistakes and other issues. Eg. the original firmware does not allow you to reskin or retheme the Dingoo, if you want to customize the look you have to load a custom firmware. I've even hacked my Dingoo's firmware so that it can play my iTunes downloads.
smile.gif
(unprotected m4a files - it can't do the older protected m4p ones).

One of the emus I didn't see in Another World's list was Game Boy (original) and Game Boy Colour. This is one of my most-used emus on the Dingoo, and it works great.

I've recently put Dingux on, dual-booting with the native firmware. Both OS's have their strengths and weaknesses, and it's nice having the dual-boot capability to have all those options available in such a small package.

Cheers!

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gagarin said:
GP2X Wiz or Dingo? Maybe just wait for Pandora?
The Wiz has really mushy buttons and is a bit more expensive. The pandora, while potentially being a lot more powerful than the wiz or Dingoo (and similarly, a lot more expensive) is a dubious investment seeing as how they haven't even released it yet. I hope they're not screwing with people and I hope that they acctually release the damn thing, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

The Dingoo is cheap[er\est] and does most of the same things as the Wiz, especially since people keep porting things from Wiz to Dingux.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The Wiz' one last - but important - claim to fame is its AMOLED touch screen. It's beautiful to look at and the touch screen makes SCUMMVM (or the UFO/XCOM port) so much more fun to play. I have to admit that I find myself using my Dingoo more than my Wiz, but that's mainly because it's smallest and cheapest of my handhelds, so I basically have it with me most of the time.

FabAnroid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I see it, the Pandora guys missed the boat. Sure, a couple of years ago when they were first going to release it, it would have been awesome. The thing is, we now have netbooks for roughly the same price as a Pandora with more power and memory, and all you need to do is use a USB controller and you can game exactly like in the old days.

The Wiz is cool, but it's not worth the huge price difference for me, especially since it can't run mode 7 or super fx games well enough to really be playable.

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
atashi: the last i looked the gbc emu was a beta, i should check for it again.

http://www.dingoo-digital.com/downloads/themes/zelda-theme

what are those then, they say they are for the native o/s and not a homebrew native firmware.

-another world

I don't know if the gnuboy emu is still in beta but it works very well. For the handful of gb games I play, I find it works better than Lameboy on the DS.

Re. the themes, it's 'native' firmware, i.e. not Dingux, but you do need to use a customized (hacked) version of it. The original firmware keeps the theme files in a hidden partition, but most of the CFWs are modified to move the theme files into the normal partition so you can access them. It's a minor inconvenience, but once you've flashed a cfw it's pretty straightforward to modify the themes.

I started with the "pof" firmware that was based on v1.2, but I've modified it quite a bit since I got it.

-Atashi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.