Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

doinurmop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll make a post here when it's out as well. I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow, though, we should have it made by the end of the day, but we're going to do a little extra testing and typo hunting.
I say take your time, even for that one version.

Speaking of which, since you've took quite a few years, making this playable version, I suggest you and your team, give yourselves a little vacation.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll make a post here when it's out as well. I wouldn't expect it until tomorrow, though, we should have it made by the end of the day, but we're going to do a little extra testing and typo hunting.

You take your time guys. You already did a lot with the whole translation, so waiting an extra day or two won't hurt anyone :)

Reactions: doinurmop

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To clarify, we did do plenty of testing on actual hardware. The bug was introduced in the last few days, and by that point, since we'd had months and months without bugs on the PSP, we forgot to do a last check on PSPs. We should have, and will keep that in mind for Decode, but it's not that we didn't think people would use actual PSPs.
Come on mister purple pony...

I have a gaming PC, my phone can run it at 2x max resolution + AA with max FPS and no slowdown,
But none beats playing in my PSP3000.

And more; you can buy a PSP way too cheap nowdays, a lot of people like me just like the game better on a PSP,
its amazing on the PSP,
great on the phone
and ok on the PC.

So I will wait for the amazing gameplay.

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country

I have a gaming PC, my phone can run it at 2x max resolution + AA with max FPS and no slowdown,

And more; you can buy a PSP way too cheap nowdays, a lot of people like me just like the game better on a PSP,
its amazing on the PSP,
great on the phone
and ok on the PC.

As I mentioned earlier if you're in a hurry play on PPSSPP on your PC then just carry over the saves over to your PSP, oh and while you're at it play around with the rendering settings (Bloom looks to be the most beautiful but Cartoon has such an awesome look on Digimon)

doinurmop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
and ok on the PC.

Depends.
If you have a good PC, that can run digimon, and you have no interest in using portable, then PC is better.
if you want to be on the go with the game, psp is better.

As I mentioned earlier if you're in a hurry play on PPSSPP on your PC then just carry over the saves over to your PSP, oh and while you're at it play around with the rendering settings (Bloom looks to be the most beautiful but Cartoon has such an awesome look on Digimon)

I'll probably be playing on my PC for all of the time, since I don't really care too much to play it on PSP.

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At last it here, Thanks for all the hard work guy I (we) appreciated.

@Romsstar I found a bug, I don't if these already been reported but I don't have English-sub in opening video but in these video have it
Screenshot:
vxQz7tQ.png
eR4SWUq.png

SPTx3pV.png
System I use
PPSSPP latest build (v1.0.1-607)
PSN version converted to ISO using PSNPKGDecreyptor&Extractor by leecherman
Both SUB and DUB no English

I have the same issue.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was so happy seeing that this was finally released only to load it in my psp and realize that the game is unplayable

It's not a problem with the patch but with my psp(i think), the buttons seem to have an input delay and whenever i choose an option is like the button keeps pressed(the cursor goes up and up like i'm playing a slot machine), the funny thing is that only happens with this game as i'm able to play anything else without a problem

Also my laptop overheats a lot whenever i play any kind of game or emulator

Oh well, anyway thanks a lot guys for the patch

you know... this sounds an awfully lot like what happened to me when I first tried out some of those plugins that switch dpad and stick controls.
you wouldn't happen to use one of those? i think its a problem with one of the settings, when the dpad 'tries' to imitate the stick, it will actually send a bunch of 'up' commands with rising 'strength', because that would be what the stick would normally do when you move it up, it first hits a point that makes a character walk up slowly, then a bit faster and then as fast as it gets.
you have to play around in the ini settings to make this work right

doinurmop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue.
Read the blog.
"As mentioned before, this patch won’t include a subbed version of the opening video, due to legal and technical reasons. This may change in a future update, but that is difficult to confirm as of yet. However, for those of you who want to know what’s going on in the video, you are free to check out this subbed video we posted on Youtube a while ago"

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the blog.
"As mentioned before, this patch won’t include a subbed version of the opening video, due to legal and technical reasons. This may change in a future update, but that is difficult to confirm as of yet. However, for those of you who want to know what’s going on in the video, you are free to check out this subbed video we posted on Youtube a while ago"

Thanks for the heads-up!

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

its amazing on the PSP,
great on the phone
and ok on the PC.

I found the game most enjoyable with a PS3 controller and my Laptop hooked up to a my big screen LCD.
Honestly I'm kinda surprised how many people actually want to play it on their PSP. But whatever floats your boat. *shrugs*

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
PPSSPP users, don't use the 60FPS hack when you're training. Advanced training is x2 Speed so its harder to succeed at it, disable it while training.

Yep. You're right on that. Since the game's normal speed is 30FPS, then using the 60FPS hack accelerates things like training and fishing. I guess that's the reason they made the game with a framerate of 30fps, so the the timings for fishing and training could be at a normal pace giving the player enough time to react.

I found the game most enjoyable with a PS3 controller and my Laptop hooked up to a my big screen LCD.
Honestly I'm kinda surprised how many people actually want to play it on their PSP. But whatever floats your boat. *shrugs*

Fully agree with you there my friend. I have a PC gamepad that resembles a Playstation one and it is really comfy to play with it on the PC.

My gamepad, the game in full screen and That's all I need :D

But yeah, to each their own. Playing it on the go on the PSP is nice too, mostly when you're waiting your turn to be attended, or if you go on vacations, etc. you can enjoy the game on the PSP. The good thing is that the saves work on both emulator and PSP so you can play on the PSP and then when arriving home just pass the save to the PC and continue playing in the emulator n.n

Isn't it great the PSP emulation? :D

Last edited by Lord Patamon,

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you know... this sounds an awfully lot like what happened to me when I first tried out some of those plugins that switch dpad and stick controls.
you wouldn't happen to use one of those? i think its a problem with one of the settings, when the dpad 'tries' to imitate the stick, it will actually send a bunch of 'up' commands with rising 'strength', because that would be what the stick would normally do when you move it up, it first hits a point that makes a character walk up slowly, then a bit faster and then as fast as it gets.
you have to play around in the ini settings to make this work right

It seems that the problem was indeed Joysens

It's weird because when i first experienced the problem there was nothing in recovery>plugins and i didn't have Joysens in this memory stick that's why i ruled out a plugin as the cause

Well nevermind that i'm just glad the problem was fixed, thanks for pointing it.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yep. You're right on that. Since the game's normal speed is 30FPS, then using the 60FPS hack accelerates things like training and fishing. I guess that's the reason they made the game with a framerate of 30fps, so the the timings for fishing and training could be at a normal pace giving the player enough time to react.
Nah, that's not the reason. PSP couldn't handle 60FPS that's why its 30. Anyways, i've posted it to LunaMoo on PPSSPP forums (the maker of the cheat) to check if he can fix it.

Reactions: Lord Patamon

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah, that's not the reason. PSP couldn't handle 60FPS that's why its 30. Anyways, i've posted it to LunaMoo on PPSSPP forums (the maker of the cheat) to check if he can fix it.

That's odd because there are games for example Megaman Maverick Hunter X that PPSSPP runs it in 60fps without any code, that's why I thought PSP could handle 60fps but some games were made to run only in 30fps.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
That's odd because there are games for example Megaman Maverick Hunter X that PPSSPP runs it in 60fps without any code, that's why I thought PSP could handle 60fps but some games were made to run only in 30fps.
Every game is coded differently. And no, if 1 game runs 60FPS doesn't mean all other games are gonna run 60FPS.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Every game is coded differently. And no, if 1 game runs 60FPS doesn't mean all other games are gonna run 60FPS.

Precisely that's what I tried to say about Re: Digitize. That it was coded to run at 30fps, and since it was coded like that, using a 60fps code would mess some things with the game. Which is precisely what I meant in my example of Megaman Maverick Hunter X. That it was coded to run at 60fps meaning that PSP can handle 60fps but only if the game was coded to run at that framerate.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Precisely that's what I tried to say about Re: Digitize. That it was coded to run at 30fps, and since it was coded like that, using a 60fps code would mess some things with the game. Which is precisely what I meant in my example of Megaman Maverick Hunter X. That it was coded to run at 60fps meaning that PSP can handle 60fps but only if the game was coded to run at that framerate.
I think I've written a "players move speed" hack a while ago. that one was nice since it didn't screw up anything else. I'll see if I can find it.

Lord Patamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think I've written a "players move speed" hack a while ago. that one was nice since it didn't screw up anything else. I'll see if I can find it.

Of course! a Players move speed only affects your character's speed, but leaving the rest of the elements unaffected.

By the way, with the current cwcheat I also noticed that when you move the tamer, the digimon gets left far away till it suddenly appears behind the tamer lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!