Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry.. I know this is going to cheese people off.. But I feel Gatomon is a MUCH better name than Tailmon.

Why Tailmon? It has a tail? So do a -lot- of Digimon.

At least Gatomon makes sense and is punny as most of the names usually are.
Technically Gatomon makes more sense since Gato is spanish (i think its spanish) for Cat, Tailmon... sounds weird

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XDragon2688 idk how to describe my view, basically I gather all the data of the names and sift through until I find a good match, like in the PS2 game Daemon is called Creepymon which imo is wrong in one of the DS versions Lalamon is called Raramon just to name examples. I guess someday I'll take on the burden of creating a digipedia so we can have a semi-official source

I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Are you saying the random changes to Digimon names Is wrong with Daemon, Lilithmon etc?

You are aware that there are two Digimon wiki right?

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry, I don't follow.

Are you saying the random changes to Digimon names Is wrong with Daemon, Lilithmon etc?

You are aware that there are two Digimon wiki right?
Its hard to explain but the right and wrong ones are jumbled up everywhere, that's why I said I'll make a digipedia to sort it out.

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There ARE no "right" and "wrong". I don't get why you make it so clear cut black and white and you have to have a good and bad answer. What exists is the translation of the Japanese original names and the dub versions of the names. Some are the same, some are different and some are changed haphazardly. Regardless, and while i think some chages are unecessary and stupid, they are two sides of the same coin. It's a matter of personal preference and you're free to call Tailmon that or Gatomon. The only wrong name would be calling it a totally different Digimon.

As I said before there are two wikis already, one uses straight translations and one has the translation and dub names. I honestly don't see a need for a third one based solely on opinion.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
90e231a564.png

I never had a PSP but I'm glad I can pull this of on a EU PSN accont Vita.
Now if only I could play it in English :rolleyes: Take all the time you need guys and keep up the good work!

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have absolutely no idea if the patch will work on a Vita. You're welcome to try, and I hope you're successful, but we are not going to officially support it. After we release, let me know if you succeed. If you make a set of directions we'll link to it.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the FF Type-0 Patch works and that game is almost 3 Gigabytes so I don't see why Re:digitize would be an exception.
But on the other hand I'm not experienced how the patching works so eh.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the FF Type-0 Patch works and that game is almost 3 Gigabytes so I don't see why Re:digitize would be an exception.
But on the other hand I'm not experienced how the patching works so eh.
I'm just not familiar with getting PSP games working on the Vita. I own one, but I bought it last month and wasn't aware you could even do that. But if patched games can work on it, great, but we will still only officially support, that is, give people tech support for, getting it working on a PSP or an emulator.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the hack requires ISO files which is probably the format you guys are using anyway.
I'm not planning on updating my Vita in the next few months so I can report whenever it's working or not.

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There ARE no "right" and "wrong". I don't get why you make it so clear cut black and white and you have to have a good and bad answer. What exists is the translation of the Japanese original names and the dub versions of the names. Some are the same, some are different and some are changed haphazardly. Regardless, and while i think some chages are unecessary and stupid, they are two sides of the same coin. It's a matter of personal preference and you're free to call Tailmon that or Gatomon. The only wrong name would be calling it a totally different Digimon.

As I said before there are two wikis already, one uses straight translations and one has the translation and dub names. I honestly don't see a need for a third one based solely on opinion.

There is right and wrong.. either its its an accurate translation of the name or its not.

acedemonden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope your not refering to me, i am by no means bitching. I am ve3ry much happy with their progress. frankly i only waited half a year, bu i appricate all they are doing and I love them for it.

Nah, forgive my noobniss for not replying the one being a dick. Sorry for late reply, I try not to starve myself by watching this post everyday.

Tylerrr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't I say that basically? I said the only wrong name is if you call Greymon something he's not in either Japanese or dub

No you didn't. The Japanese version is the right one, if the dub changed something then that makes it wrong since they are just making shit up.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you didn't. The Japanese version is the right one, if the dub changed something then that makes it wrong since they are just making shit up.
While it's not a translation, it is a change made with Bamco's approval, and like it or not, that makes it correct. While I prefer the translation terms in almost all cases, there's nothing wrong with liking the dub better, and in some cases, it legitimately is. Gallantmon is just a better name than Dukemon. Frankly, the world is more than big enough for all of us to just be Digimon fans and use whichever set of terms we prefer, that's our whole point in releasing two patches, my earlier joke about the dubs being awful aside.

Reactions: XDragon2688

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well in the Dub we have two different Digimon called the same Name (Dub: Kumamon - Original: Bearmon & Chackmon) so there is reason to call the dub names awful.
But I like some Dub names like Arukenimon since it's easier to pronounce than Archnemon.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well in the Dub we have two different Digimon called the same Name (Dub: Kumamon - Original: Bearmon & Chackmon) so there is reason to call the dub names awful.
But I like some Dub names like Arukenimon since it's easier to pronounce than Archnemon.
Arukenimon is technically more accurate than Arachnemon, depending on how you look at it. The Katakana アルケニモン transliterates as A RU KE NI MO N. It usually gets subbed as Arachnemon to make it clearer that she's a reference to the Greek myth of Arachne, the queen of spiders. I've got nothing on Kumamon, the dubbers took an English name and translated it into Japanese, which is weird.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I recall one was called Kumamon and the other Bearmon.
Yes they mean the same when translated but in the Dub it's not lilke two different digimon had the EXACT same name.
The reason they changed Chackmon to something else is that the Name relates to something that western viewers are not familiar with.
While the change to Kumamon is questionable, Kuma is a word most western viewers are at least kinda familiar with (Tekken).
The reference to the Zaku II is something most Western users won't have gotten.
The redundancy with Kumamon and Bearmon around is strong, but they had good intentions I assume.xd

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's not a translation, it is a change made with Bamco's approval, and like it or not, that makes it correct. While I prefer the translation terms in almost all cases, there's nothing wrong with liking the dub better, and in some cases, it legitimately is. Gallantmon is just a better name than Dukemon. Frankly, the world is more than big enough for all of us to just be Digimon fans and use whichever set of terms we prefer, that's our whole point in releasing two patches, my earlier joke about the dubs being awful aside.

Pretty much my "two sides of the same coin" argument. I agree whole wholeheartedly.

as for the point on Kumamon and his Zaku II reference, Totally didn't notice it but it does remind me of Gundam which is awesome

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I recall one was called Kumamon and the other Bearmon.
Yes they mean the same when translated but in the Dub it's not lilke two different digimon had the EXACT same name.
The reason they changed Chackmon to something else is that the Name relates to something that western viewers are not familiar with.
While the change to Kumamon is questionable, Kuma is a word most western viewers are at least kinda familiar with (Tekken).
The reference to the Zaku II is something most Western users won't have gotten.
The redundancy with Kumamon and Bearmon around is strong, but they had good intentions I assume.xd

Unfortunately you're wrong
38ff3d8484.png
9f7171585a.png

They were both called Kumamon in the Dub until 2005's Movie fixed it. (In other words they were called the same for 3 Years)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito: Probably just my imagination