Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Dart6672

Trophies
XP
Country
If we published today, everything in the menu is done, and about the first fourth of the game is in pretty close to ready to release shape. Technically, we have at least a first draft on everything, but a lot of it isn't particularly pretty to read since the first draft was mostly done by Romsstar, who isn't a native English speaker. We also haven't put much priority on the NPCs yet, figuring the story is more important, so most of those are only rough translations, but we've got at least a first draft on all of those too. We're pretty sure we'll be done before Xmas, but I wouldn't want to call that a promise.
If you want I could help with the English structure, I'm a creative writer and may be able to assist where needed though I would just require the base script since its kinda hard to download stuff since I'm a capped user

Reactions: DestinyArises

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want I could help with the English structure, I'm a creative writer and may be able to assist where needed though I would just require the base script since its kinda hard to download stuff since I'm a capped user
That wouldn't be a problem, the script totals in the tens of megabytes. If you'd like to try out, contact me on Skype at sporkymcforkinspoon.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not in the short term. I've been busy with midterms and Romsstar finished his thesis today. He'll be back to working on this tomorrow, and I'll be back next week. Our editors can't work unless we prepare things for them, and so there's been a bottleneck while we've been busy. It's coming along though, and we're still on track to be finished by the end of the year.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
is this project still alive?
Not in the short term. I've been busy with midterms and Romsstar finished his thesis today. He'll be back to working on this tomorrow, and I'll be back next week. Our editors can't work unless we prepare things for them, and so there's been a bottleneck while we've been busy. It's coming along though, and we're still on track to be finished by the end of the year.
Its like you don't want to know that.

Reactions: Hargrun

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whos currently still working on it?
Quite a few people. Romsstar is our main translator, though I do some of that work as well. CompCom and StorMyu do most of the programming, though Romsstar helps out there as well, though the programming is basically done unless we find bugs, and we haven't in a few months. At the moment, the rough translation is done and we're editing that into natural sounding English. I've ended up more or less in charge of that, and so I, our three talented editors Kalker, Darian, and Raitei, plus Romsstar, who is the most multitalented member of the team are all working on editing. At this point, a bit over half of the story is in pretty close to they way it will look on release, and about one fifth of the NPCs and sidequests are as well.

DestinyArises

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a few people. Romsstar is our main translator, though I do some of that work as well. CompCom and StorMyu do most of the programming, though Romsstar helps out there as well, though the programming is basically done unless we find bugs, and we haven't in a few months. At the moment, the rough translation is done and we're editing that into natural sounding English. I've ended up more or less in charge of that, and so I, our three talented editors Kalker, Darian, and Raitei, plus Romsstar, who is the most multitalented member of the team are all working on editing. At this point, a bit over half of the story is in pretty close to they way it will look on release, and about one fifth of the NPCs and sidequests are as well.

Ok thanks keep up the good work guys

PatrickP

Trophies
XP
Country
2 years later...

Look at the blog, they're almost done!
Hopefully we can play the game before christmas! (just a guess though)

Many of us have been waiting for this game for about 13 years or something, so a couple of months more don't really matter for me :)
But if you really want to play the game, it's been out on japanese for a long time now :)

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 years later...

tgdf8Rn.jpg

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at the blog, they're almost done!
Hopefully we can play the game before christmas! (just a guess though)

Many of us have been waiting for this game for about 13 years or something, so a couple of months more don't really matter for me :)
But if you really want to play the game, it's been out on japanese for a long time now :)
Around or before Christmas is the plan. I appreciate you saying you don't mind the wait though. Everyone on the team works hard, but most of us have AFK commitments. A new editor (Skeleklin) applied last week, and she is scarily fast. In two days she edited the entire story. The main hold up now is that I haven't had time to read her edits. Once I've done that, we just need to iron out the NPCs and the Colosseum. Plus testing, of course. Still, we're very close.

deBoru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you fellows need another set of hands, I got laid-off a month ago and have nothing but free time. I can help proof-read and/or edit. I have held both editorial and writing positions (about 3 years total experience).

I'm looking for something to reignite my passion for writing and Digimon is definitely something I can get behind. PM me if you are interested.

takuyayagami

Trophies
XP
Country
NEWSFLASH:

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I’m very pleased to officialy second Translation Teaser Video for you.
You find the link below.
This contains a massive amount of gameplay.

But it also means:
We solved all ours issues and we’re back on this translation and working full speed to bring this to you.
We owe this all to CompCom who helped us out with his amazing skills
and so this video is also thanks to him.
Merry Christmas &A Happy new year everyone!

Before anyone says something: The script and version you're presented
in that VIDEO with is NOT FINAL and is SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
- Romsstar

Translation Blog

Translation Teaser 2 - The first Memorial Stella (Niko Version)

Translation Teaser 1 - Intro+ Tutorial

What is currently translated:

Text:
Items 100%
Item Descriptions 100%
Item Effects 100%
Key Items 100%
Key Item Descriptions 100%
Accessories 100%
Accessory Description 100%
Attacks 100%
Attacks descriptions 100%
Special Attacks 100%
Special Attacks descriptions 100%
Digimon Names 100%
Raising Description 100%
Names in Colosseum, Areas 100%
Menus 100%
Digimon Personality 100%
Titles 100%
Titles description 100%
Mail Sender 100%
Mail Subject 100%
system messages (Mail) 100%
GIGO company history 100%
Lead Characters +Map Names + Menu Names 100%
Text 100%
Digimon CARD Names 100%
Digimon CARD Descriptions 100%
Digimon Evolution Chart Description 100%
Mails: 100%
Music Tracks 100%
Battle Tutorial 100%
Keywords 100%
News Log 100%
Maps 100%

Story related:
90% translated.
20% edited.

Screenshots of current progress:

ye11.jpg

Maps

o0im.jpg

ts4u.jpg

Menus

u8ne.jpg

itemlist.png

i4jp.jpg

iis5.jpg

skillsnc.png

k5pu.jpg

ta8q.jpg

1twt.jpg

ld6m.jpg

Story

agumon1.png

mastered.png

NPCs

gmza.jpg

g835.jpg

ASM
done.png

osk3.png

Translators:
Romsstar

Programmers:
Roxas75
Stormyu
CompCom
Special Thanks to Dragonlord for aiding in programming issues.

Editor:
Sporky McForkinspoon
Greggory

Graphics:
HelloWinter

GAME INFO:
Game Details
Game Name....: Digimon World Re-Digitize
Scene Date...: 2012-07-19
Filename.....: nrp-dwrdj
Platform.....: PSP
Format.......: ISO
Source.......: PSN
Size.........: 32 x 20 mb
Region.......: Japan
GameSerial...: NPJH-50588
Languages....: Japanese
ISO CRC32....: 9E800037

Public Patch:
Since this is a 100% project a patch will be released only to that time.
PM's regarding that matter will be ignored.

You are my hero~

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm glad to see you guys are still working on this. Typically when a project that aims to be released at 100% is started, they tend to die off which is disappointing because then since there haven't been any releases, it's as if it never existed. But happy to see updates still coming out. Keep up the great work guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay