Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Crimson_V

Trophies
XP
Country
In my opinion the pros out weight the cons by far

Also there is an easier way of making a patch, just include the entire hacked iso file in an executable, and only let it extract when the original iso file is present, so that it cant be labeled as pirating, and its really easy and fast to make.
The process is already 'broken up' as you heard they are heaving problems with the text limit, so i would recommend them implementing what they can and ignoring the rest.
and about the complaints, even an incomplete patch would shut up lots of people.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
just include the entire hacked iso file in an executable,

About that..... see no. It'd be easier to include a DIFFERENCE patch which will just apply the difference to an original ISO. That way you don't need a fuck huge download nor are you sharing an ISO around.

Reactions: StorMyu

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just include the entire hacked iso file in an executable
As stated by CrashmanX, Difference patch => does NOT contain any form of file in the iso, which means there is nothing from the game in it, only "our" work.

Sending an Iso in "another form" is just trying to steal by putting things under your vest, that does not make them disappear...

Crimson_V

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope it is easier to just include the ISO in some form than to make a patch (but yes compiling and sharing it would take a bit longer), and as i said "and only let it extract when the original iso file is present", would not allow anyone to use it without the original iso file.

but this whole argument is pointless they might already have a patch ready.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nope it is easier to just include the ISO in some form than to make a patch (but yes compiling and sharing it would take a bit longer), and as i said "and only let it extract when the original iso file is present", would not allow anyone to use it without the original iso file.

It's not so much about whether it takes longer or whatever. The fact that it contains the ISO is infringing the rules to start with. And we do not want to get involved in legal issues. Plus it's not rocket science to run a difference patch.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States

No really, I've made patches before. It's easier for me to include an xDelta patch and say "Apply this to your original ISO" than to include a huge ass modified ISO file that only works in the presence of the original ISO. I'd have to write a program just to check for THAT specific ISO. That'd be stupid.

Reactions: signz

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No really, I've made patches before. It's easier for me to include an xDelta patch and say "Apply this to your original ISO" than to include a huge ass modified ISO file that only works in the presence of the original ISO. I'd have to write a program just to check for THAT specific ISO. That'd be stupid.
This. And worse case scenario, I guess you could insert a bat file. And anyone who has enough brain cells to know how to download stuff or rip an ISO would surely be capable of dragging and dropping. Or reading a readme which would tell them to do so. :)

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
sure a .bat with a huge name:
INSERTISOHERE.bat, even if the UI is really not hard to use... Open File / Open Xdelta / Save...

Crimson_V

Trophies
XP
Country
Well i guess your right i only worked with patches that replace entire files (none rom hacking related), i thought that making patches that include lots of small changes to a file would be harder to make, but i guess i was wrong, sorry for wasting your time.

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Well i guess your right i only worked with patches that replace entire files (none rom hacking related), i thought that making patches that include lots of small changes to a file would be harder to make, but i guess i was wrong, sorry for wasting your time.

It's OK. We've been at this for a while now so we know what we're talking about.

The way a difference patch works is you pop in the translated and the original files. Then it creates a file of it's own that tells the program how to modify the original into the translated one. Hence the difference patch. Usually they're very small, less than 100MB most of the time, so download times are short and use times are also rather quick.

StorMyu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
and that's because you modify the CPK compression scheme, if you find a way to change only what you need, it could be even less than 10mb.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just assume the figures in the 1st post are still true even if it's 2 weeks old :\

I suggest looking at this as "Completed" or "Not Completed". Trust me. Getting hung up on the figures and all have caused some people to break down, which isn't any fun for anyone. :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Especially when you take into account that I don't keep track of the figures at all and most likely they are incorrect.

May I remind you guys: We ran into an issue of textlimit and still haven't solved it. So real work on the story at the moment is only possible on paper (Notepad), so there is no point in updating yet.

Trust me, I will let you know when something exciting happens.

PS: I don't care even one bit who thinks that those numbers are old for two weeks or not. If I want I stop working on this for a month, and continue then, it still would be my business.

That I still work on this, is not because I'm doing you a favor, but because I like what I'm doing and I'm dedicated to my project.

Anonity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, big fan of what you're doing here!
When I first saw this game wasn't gonna come over West, my heart sunk. Loved the original, this one isn't too bad either.
When I came across this project, I went ahead and bought the game myself!

hence why we use the c++ one :P

Though someone just mentioned to me that you guys use a c++ version of the emulator?
Where could I possibly get my hands on that?
Or was it er...specially made for you?
(Because for real, who thought it was smart to make it in java...)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, big fan of what you're doing here!
When I first saw this game wasn't gonna come over West, my heart sunk. Loved the original, this one isn't too bad either.
When I came across this project, I went ahead and bought the game myself!

Though someone just mentioned to me that you guys use a c++ version of the emulator?
Where could I possibly get my hands on that?
Or was it er...specially made for you?

The emulator in question is called PPSSPP and is freely available for everyone. An Android version exists too.
But, you will have to use a savegame on it that plays after the tutorial since the current version of PPSSPP is hanging up on the Tutorial.
But other than that it seems to emulate just fine.

Anonity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The emulator in question is called PPSSPP and is freely available for everyone. An Android version exists too.
But, you will have to use a savegame on it that plays after the tutorial since the current version of PPSSPP is hanging up on the Tutorial.
But other than that it seems to emulate just fine.
You sir are a saint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ