Hacking Digimon World Re:Digitize - Translation

Classicassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
carsonator
most of the time yeah it's for the hell of it, I've seen and helped in many projects but this one by far has to be the longest running translation I've ever seen, As for the offer stormYu let get this thing done.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've seen and helped in many projects but this one by far has to be the longest running translation I've ever seen.
What a joke ^^
I'm going to explain something really essential about projects and stuff.

95% of the people who wants the patch will only wait for it.
5% of the leftover wants to help
only 1% are useful.

So far, I was one of those 1% since I wasn't here at the beginning of this project and helped on a part where no one could helped (Asm hacking)

Then, you have to take into account our lives. I've been quite inactive because I'm currently going through my driver's license (yeah that + work, I have no time left)
So the ASM hack is going quite slowly and only when I have the time.
Romsstar had lots of exams to take so he was also quite busy these past few months.

We told everyone about it, who came to help on the translation ? No one.
Who offered an actual help (that's helpful I might add) One person and I've forgot his username.

I'd like everyone to know that everytime they're asking for updates and we "can't" really give something new.
It's either because:
1. Some screenshots of the story? We think it's useless because there's already tons of them.
2. actual progress % ? We have no real indication of that one, maybe Romsstar could tell you from the translation part, but ASM hack-wise, since problems shows up everytime I can't really tell...

If you want, we could prepare a shitload of screenshots. if that'll make you happy.

But the translation patch is "I hope" coming before 2014 (and that again is a statement I can't really tell exactly since as usual, issues can show up everytime...)

Reactions: Kalker3

Classicassassin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As much as I'd enjoy reading the wall ill pass, all I can say is I only found out this game existed a few months back and never knew you accepted help. Peace

SuperSZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Classicassasin, even if they didn't accept your help, it doesn't give you the right to criticize so negatively their work (or how they organise their work or times or anything). 95% of us want a GOOD patch, we don't want to make them hurry so they end up releasing an unfinished or a mediocre quality file. The PSP is dead, and so far there's no clear sign of this being released in english for PSP or Vita. And even if the creators of the game released a PSP version, we don't have any warranty that they would put all their dedication into that, like this team is doing.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So far many people came and offered their help for translation. I gave them small segments of story, easy ones. No one could take them on.
We had one user onkeikun who was a tremendous help I might say. She is busy and not replying for unknown reasons, but she was a big help anyways.
Bottom line: If you think this is easy, come to me, write me a PM contact me whatever, I will give you that said segment and if you can take it on, you're in the team and can help speed things up.
Same thing goes for everything else that is related to this translation.
I had three graphic guys working on the images, and none of them produced the result I wanted.
Hell I got closer myself...
We always accepted help. We gave people a chance. If they could do something we let them. If not, well we still gave them a chance.

If you think you want and can help: Contact me. I won't say no.

Oh screenshots... just for fun here you go:

screen00002.jpg

screen000031.jpg

Happy now? Did this change anything? lol

Elegant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should be able to block those people from posting.

This idea of "WE NEED SCREENSHOTS TO SEE PROGRESS!" is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Don't get me wrong it's nice to see them when it's convenient. But taking time away from the project to produce those makes little sense; it's like taking a step back.

To those people that complain with the whole "AN OFFICIAL TRANSLATION IS COMING ZOMG YOU TOOK TOO LONG!!!" I ask you where? Where is your OFFICIAL source and more specifically FOR THE PSP? Some petition? Get real.

If you're unsatisfied with how long it's taking then STOP COMING HERE. NO ONE CARES. This almost as bad as the other digimon translation for the NDS where all the dumbass' wrote FINISH THE TRANSLATION in the open source translation document on google docs as opposed to helping.

Cursed Kaiser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
most of the time yeah it's for the hell of it, I've seen and helped in many projects but this one by far has to be the longest running translation I've ever seen, As for the offer stormYu let get this thing done.

that's funny, if you somehow managed to helped others before, then maybe that kind of help is the same kind of help you are giving to this team right now.... and the most funny thing about it is you're no help at all.. sorry dude, i have nothing against you but please don't bother the team from translating the game.....

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also people unless you haven't realized yet: This game is programmingwise a total mess. It has no logical structure whatsoever and honestly from all the games I've seen so far,
this one is a bitch to debug. Like I said the translating part is not that much fo a challenge (It still is, otherwise there would be 20 people working with me on this),
but if the menus don't look right, or at least not like a mess, than this won't live up to the high standard we want to establish.

Typhoon1

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys been stalking this page for a while now just wanted to say Good Job with the patch, also Yall need to calm the fuck down so a guy comments on the negative hey thats life if you ask me yall seem to enjoy it cause it gives you someone to vent at chill out let the team do what they do best, don't feed the trolls on the thread.
if he can help he should have just said that to begin with could have made life alot more simpler but seriously the 95% useless people the team said on here need to seriously stop acting like fangirls. the patch will get done when its done its just a game dont jump down someones throat cause he is here to take the piss and your just satisfying that with useless comments. ANYway to the team thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this patch and good luck.

Reactions: hs101

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At 2:54, when Agumon says: "Here you're not fighting, but your digimon partner!",
wouldn't it be better if you replaced it with "Here you won't fight, but your digimon partner will!"?
Or "(...) don't fight,(...) does!".

Oh don't get me started on the tutorial. This thing is a mess due to being only place I still have a textlimit.
I like your suggestion and will use it if the editor won't come up with something better though.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Carsonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

There you go guys. The quality is not that good I'm sorry.
I might upload a bettter quality one later but this is just for now for your enjoyment.

Quick design question. I know that its probably impossible to code the game so that the signs on shops and stuff are in English, I've got no experience with coding but I'm pretty certain that you'd have to go into some 3D modeling and so forth for it, but on the tutorial is it possible to source the images used from another place? or at least change the images so that they are English text like the game play?
not picking at your work or anything, and i understand you all have more important things to concentrate on both on this project and real life but its just a general queery if you have the time to answer :)

P.S. sorry, i didn't see the other post about the tutorial, but the question still stands if that's okay

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh don't get me started on the tutorial. This thing is a mess due to being only place I still have a textlimit.
I like your suggestion and will use it if the editor won't come up with something better though.
Thanks for your thoughts.

If there's a text limit, how about "Here you won't fight, but I will!" ?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick design question. I know that its probably impossible to code the game so that the signs on shops and stuff are in English, I've got no experience with coding but I'm pretty certain that you'd have to go into some 3D modeling and so forth for it, but on the tutorial is it possible to source the images used from another place? or at least change the images so that they are English text like the game play?
not picking at your work or anything, and i understand you all have more important things to concentrate on both on this project and real life but its just a general queery if you have the time to answer :)

P.S. sorry, i didn't see the other post about the tutorial, but the question still stands if that's okay

The images will be English in the final result. Any shop signs that we see as appropriate and needen will be changed into english too.
I have 3D Modeling Experience there is no problem with that. Don't worry. This video is JUST a teaser.
So be prepared for the next one as it will be bigger and more exciting (or so I hope :D)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1