Gaming Digimon World Re:Digitize - Anyone making translation?

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh i see the difference now they both look good and okay what do you need exactly doing so i can tell him he want's to know first exactly :/ i told him what you said needed doing in a previous post but he want's more

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ahh i see the difference now they both look good and okay what do you need exactly doing so i can tell him he want's to know first exactly :/ i told him what you said needed doing in a previous post but he want's more

- The width of the Itemlist box needs to be expanded in a way so we can write normal item names without having to cut words.
- The counter for year and day need to be moved in a way that we can write Day X, Year X.
- When you start the game and are prompted to enter your name the ASCII characters you can enter are 1 byte only. But this makes a name like Taichi look T a ic h i.
So instead of 1 Byte ascii codes the game uses there, we need 2 bytes. A= 46 has to be A=4600 and so on.
A removal of the Japanese ones (which aren't needen anyways) to make a localization look good would be nice as well.

These are the "easy" tasks so far I have. I

shinagami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

- The width of the Itemlist box needs to be expanded in a way so we can write normal item names without having to cut words.
- The counter for year and day need to be moved in a way that we can write Day X, Year X.
- When you start the game and are prompted to enter your name the ASCII characters you can enter are 1 byte only. But this makes a name like Taichi look T a ic h i.
So instead of 1 Byte ascii codes the game uses there, we need 2 bytes. A= 46 has to be A=4600 and so on.
A removal of the Japanese ones (which aren't needen anyways) to make a localization look good would be nice as well.

These are the "easy" tasks so far I have. I

okay i will pass this on and tell him then see what he has to say he did he will do it

MikeMadness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Romsstar

I have been following this thread for as long as it has started. Reading all this info as well has proved useful to me understanding the process in which you have been taking and unfortunately I do not have the skills in coding that you do need. But since the post from Roxas about the .IMG files I feel that I may be able to be of assistance as a Graphic Designer. I know that my post count doesn't exactly reflect my experience here on these forums but I am a trained, qualified and experience Graphics Designer that would be willing to help you in any way you see fit. I am also literate with the English language as well and would be willing to help 'localize' the text for the game given in-depth instructions from you and the team.

I hope that this post finds you well and I can aid you as your process has been fantastic. (That goes to you all; Romsstar, Roxas, Dragonlord, Shingami etc)

Thanks

Mike

Reactions: 2 people

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Romsstar, you're saying that ASCII is the problem ? I thought it was the contrary. Anyway as I said, if you still haven't find someone, I'll be here anyway, just need one week to be awol x)

Just sayin, if prxtool wasn't so old, this would have been fixed already, but nothing can read this Eboot, fuckin new version xD

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Romsstar, you're saying that ASCII is the problem ? I thought it was the contrary. Anyway as I said, if you still haven't find someone, I'll be here anyway, just need one week to be awol x)

When you enter the name of yourself or the Digimon, you enter the ASCII, not the Unicode codes. When I tried to replace the ASCII Codes with Unicode and enter the Unicode codes, I get an error from the game that I input invalid characters.

But this is weird, because when I changed the Standard Names Taiga and Agumon from Japanese to Unicode, the game displays them fine.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ingamer.png

An ingame screen, working flawlessly. Thanks Roxas75! :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In any case we are now another step closer to having access to translate everything in the game.

Actually we were thinking about adding an extra bonus to the game, but that's maybe for later.. We will see about this ;)

Reactions: 1 person

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

When you enter the name of yourself or the Digimon, you enter the ASCII, not the Unicode codes. When I tried to replace the ASCII Codes with Unicode and enter the Unicode codes, I get an error from the game that I input invalid characters.

But this is weird, because when I changed the Standard Names Taiga and Agumon from Japanese to Unicode, the game displays them fine.
Yeah weird, because I remember JPCSP replacing the internal PSP function to name the character/digimon only with ASCII (and not bothering with Unicode) and in that way it worked good (I've made some screenshots don't remember where)
But I can always check in JPCSP sources see if they're using unicode (yeah I got some "little free time" today)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yeah weird, because I remember JPCSP replacing the internal PSP function to name the character/digimon only with ASCII (and not bothering with Unicode) and in that way it worked good (I've made some screenshots don't remember where)
But I can always check in JPCSP sources see if they're using unicode (yeah I got some "little free time" today)
Yeah I remember, that was on RHDN. But well the goal is to have the same result on a real PSP as on JPCSP. But you know that already.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just exploring the game archives, i tryed to hack the models textures.
Now i got a Black WarGreymon X! B-)

gallery_264478_1400_28987.png
Are you trying to put new partner digimon in the game?

Nah he is just messing around with Textures :D
New Partner Digimon aren't planned.
Or maybe? :D Who knows, whatever, everyone back to work!xD

Reactions: 1 person

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

JamesHarborne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but this digimon isn't in the game!
Yes I know I was talking about adding both new digimon as well as making existing digimon that were previously unavailable as partners available sorry I didn't make that clear although I didn't really expect them to be able to add new digimon anyway.

Roxas75

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
We'll be able to do this if the models structure data is fully detetched. So, for now, no.
Well, texture hacks are possible, then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw