pirating is one thing but distributing is another
there is extremely high risk of getting sued

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know how to extract from the CPK since there's no TOC, however looking through with HEX the models and textures are in standard GMO/GIM format. The only way to get those is to get the program Gitmo:
mimi-1.png

I'm definitely interested in a translation of this game, but I know nothing about text formats/Japanese:P so I'll try to help any way I can.

EDIT: Music is in At3 format as well by the look of it.

Yeah, say can this gitmo also open pictures?

Can you send that program over so I can take a look?

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Besides, as someone already said, only the English dub and a couple other languages which used it as a base had the replaced (and horrid, in my opinion) soundtrack. 90% of the world had the original songs, since their dub was based on the original Japanese version, and as such grew up with Butterfly and Brave Heart. If you replace the songs with the american ones, you will be pissing off the vast majority of players, only to please the handful that want the English soundtrack.

Reactions: Stark and Romsstar

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
NPJH-50686_1312234924_579.jpgNPJH-50686_1312234920_413.jpg

this is the original

ごうせい
そうび
ぶんかい
そざい

sorry but i need to cut/find a word to fit the character string anyway this is a testing phase..

Reactions: silverwolf689

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So far I've seen that the users Roxas75 (on page 4) and xhai showed screenshots of menus translated. Are they working together or on their own? or that was just a demo?

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
some mini updates: the videos I talked before (with no extension) are in .PMF format . Apparently, only Media Player Classic comes with the codec to reproduce it, but the codec doesn't reproduce the sound. If you want to play the files in your PC with another player you'd need the codec, and here it is: http://depositfiles.org/files/hvkq5xbcz . There is something I think I didn't mention: I can play the video files, but the framerate is awful, it's very choppy.

No video editor recognise the .PMF files neither. What I'll try to do is to see if I can convert one cutscene to AVI, and if it keeps the framerate and gets sound, I'll edit it (change the sound), then convert it back to PMF and repack the CPK file again, and make a new ISO with that modified scene, and check out if it plays on my PSP or not.

update:
For the conversion I've found this awesome and simple program that converts the PMF to AVI and also extracts the AT3 file (that's why I didn't have sound). I'm glad that the AVI video is the same resolution as the original and has no framerate issues. Here's the program: http://skybladecloud.wordpress.com/projects/psp-video-extractor-converter/

Now I'll see how can I do the audio replacement and compile everything again like I said above.

update 2:
I'm not 100% sure if this will work; the audio replacement is the most difficult part because someone would think "hey, why don't you just convert the english audio to at3, and combine it with the avi you extracted before into a new .pmf video?" but that can't be done (maybe the conversion to at3, using the psp with a special homebrew, but not the last part of combining everything).
So this is what I found: I have to have the extracted AVI, and the english audio should be with exactly this settings: the audio should be a .wav file with PCM format, 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit, Stereo 172kb/sec (I guess I'll have to see if Audacity can make that exact conversion). "Encode+multiplex" the two files using Sony UMD Tools and a there should be a new .mps file. And then convert the .mps with "mps to pmf converter" (this program was made for "gameboots" (I don't know what they are), so I don't know if it will work).

So yeah.... there are so many conversions and programs that I don't know if it will work :P. I'm tired right now, I'll continue tomorrow or some other day (so far, I got to the part of the extracted AVI and at3 (useless for now) file)

gtuansdiammx

Gundam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides, as someone already said, only the English dub and a couple other languages which used it as a base had the replaced (and horrid, in my opinion) soundtrack. 90% of the world had the original songs, since their dub was based on the original Japanese version, and as such grew up with Butterfly and Brave Heart. If you replace the songs with the american ones, you will be pissing off the vast majority of players, only to please the handful that want the English soundtrack.

i those who want the jap sound track can play the regular version with translayion patch
those who want english sound track can play with eng patch plus redub patch
i dont see how i would be pissing off anyone
most people are entitled to their own opinions
seriously stop with the jap tracks are better than the eng ones

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If someone with more experience knows a better way to do that (basicly, replacing an audio with another one and put all back to the iso) PLEASE, tell me xD

xhai

Trophies
XP
Country
Omg xhai, what are you doing ?

Sorry bro.. i see your already working digimon adventure i haven't read the previous post.. are you with Roxas75
since you already work with digimon re-digitize ill leave this project to your hand...

now time to resume my previous project...

i have favor to ask someone translate ippo there is already a thread..

wilso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wow the battle with venommyotismon took 4ever it has 2 phases and he heals himself plus he attacks 2 times in a row >.<

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i those who want the jap sound track can play the regular version with translayion patch
Two separate patches would be fine. It's not a matter of which is the best soundtrack, it's that most people grew up with the original one, and the nostalgia blast would be cut short if all the iconic songs were replaced with "Digimon, Digital Monsters, Digimon are the Champions!"... Although I realise Americans might have the opposite idea, the truth is that American players are just a small percentage, and it would be unfair to the majority.

SuperSZ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

"redub patch" ?. So far the only way I know to redub the game (doesn't mean that I'm gonna do it, I'm just testing stuff and then if I succeed I'll tell you how I did it so someone else can do it with the full game) is to modify the ISO, I don't think that the redubing can be applied by a patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM