Hardware Differences of PAL motherboard and NTSC motherboard?

vinzanity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to ask for your assistance regarding my friend's wii. He has a PAL version(bought from Australia) and would like to have it converted to NTSC. My question is, are all the Motherboards of the Wii the same hardware-wise? Are the contents of the NAND the only thing that is different between the different regions?

As far as i know back in the Gamecube days, the motherboard was different for the US, Japan and PAL versions. I could of course run US gamecube games from the Japan version using a mod-chip but for the PAL version, it was also running but in black and white. Plus i had to solder some wires to make a Japan to USA switch.

If i use Any Region changer (which i have used to convert Japan and Korean region versions to USA NTSC), will I successfully be able to convert it to a USA version (NTSC video, USA Region, USA language) without any problems?

Thank for your insights/input regarding this inquiry.

Erikie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
PAL and NTSC versions have the same hardware, the difference is the setting.txt file and the sysmenu file. The Korean wii has an extra key in its eeprom that is the only difference I think there is between regions

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
hm.. i thouht read somewhere that NTSC wii outputs Composite/S-Video/Component while PAL wii's outputs Composite/Scart/RGB. I'd like to know if it's just done by software or hardware diferences

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
My European PAL Wii console has no problems running games in eiter NTSC-U, NTSC-J and of course PAL.
tongue.gif

Running System Menu 4.2 with NeoGamma and CFG Usb Loader.

Region Free consoles FTW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok